Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No One In The Sixties?

Where are all you baby boomers? I had surgery on 9/24...two weeks ago. Down 40 before surgery...20 after...60 total. I did lots of prep before surgery (exercise...lean green diet 3 months...immense amount of research) . So glad i did...sailed through surgery and in only 2 weeks feeling great! We baby boomers are tough. I still have 100 lbs to go but have a new lease on life...never too old to learn...look out to my grandkids...her comes a new granny...lucky if you can keep up with her!

(Spokane, Wa)

I'm 65 and having my surgery Dec 1st. I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Just found out I'm having my gallbladder out at the same time..gimme those pain meds lol

That's a good thing because you would end up coming in later and having another surgery to remove your gall bladder. Just better to do it all at once. I had Sleeve surgery 3 years ago but due to problems I had to have the bypass surgery on Nov 14th. I'm 61 so it's not as easy the second time around but over all it's not too bad. I wish you lots of luck.

Congratulations to all those 60 and over! I had my surgery May 19th, 2015 and am doing very well. My family was supportive but very concerned at first. I have been able to educate them on issues related to health, surgery and longevity. I have also plan the holiday meals for our family. They see me moving, exercising and running with my grandchildren, walking 8 to 13 miles, traveling more and they like my new electric sports Cadillac! I have released 100 lbs and looking for just 5 more. I live in Anchorage. Alaska and support groups are hard to find as a couple of the Bariatric Surgeons do not offer this service, and one surgeon who does offer support groups would not allow me to attend because I was not his patient! In Anchorage we now have a Bariatric Surgeon who has opened his doors to any and all who want to become a part of the monthly support group. I no longer take bp medications or pre-diabetic meds! Keep up the good work! Stay encouraged! This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I did researched for several years before having the surgery and had absolutely no complications or pain after the surgery. By prayer and following my surgeon's directions and good common sense this has been a very successful.

Much love and success to us all.

Vickiebc

Congratulations to all those 60 and over! I had my surgery May 19th, 2015 and am doing very well. My family was supportive but very concerned at first. I have been able to educate them on issues related to health, surgery and longevity. I have also plan the holiday meals for our family. They see me moving, exercising and running with my grandchildren, walking 8 to 13 miles, traveling more and they like my new electric sports Cadillac! I have released 100 lbs and looking for just 5 more. I live in Anchorage. Alaska and support groups are hard to find as a couple of the Bariatric Surgeons do not offer this service, and one surgeon who does offer support groups would not allow me to attend because I was not his patient! In Anchorage we now have a Bariatric Surgeon who has opened his doors to any and all who want to become a part of the monthly support group. I no longer take bp medications or pre-diabetic meds! Keep up the good work! Stay encouraged! This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I did researched for several years before having the surgery and had absolutely no complications or pain after the surgery. By prayer and following my surgeon's directions and good common sense this has been a very successful.

Vickiebc

Thank you for your post vickiebc! I just found this group today. I am 61 and have been to the seminar, the consultation and have my first meeting with nutritionist tomorrow. I was beginning to think there were no other people my age going through this. I I am very excited but also very nervous!! Please, keep posting.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using the BariatricPal App

Vickiebc

Thank you for your post vickiebc! I just found this group today. I am 61 and have been to the seminar, the consultation and have my first meeting with nutritionist tomorrow. I was beginning to think there were no other people my age going through this. I I am very excited but also very nervous!! Please, keep posting.

Hi! Excited to see some of us "older but wiser" peeps on here! I am a 66 yr. young female going on 67 (in July) and had my surgery at 59. I went from "my" high weight of 241 to 127 in 8 months and was told to put on 5 lbs. Well I've done that, AND more, 23 lbs! I share this because it's a well known fact that if we do not stay plugged in to a support group and think our "pouch" is going to do all the work, we are fooling ourselves. I know because that's what I've done.....Im depressed about my weight gain, I cannot afford any type of cosmetic procedures and find myself slipping into the same habits that got me heavily obese in the first place! I'm not crying the blues or feeling sorry for myself folks, just asking if anyone out there has been, or is, there and what you did. For those of you who've just had the surgery, or are scheduled, I applaud you....I still believe it is the best thing I've ever done for myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm 61 and am having the bypass on 22nd Feb,giving myself the gift of life and health is the best present ever

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm 61 and am having the bypass on 22nd Feb,giving myself the gift of life and health is the best present ever

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am 61 also and am in process of getting approval. I've been told last of March or April probably. I'm nervous and excited!

Hi everfyone, I just found this group by chance. I am 60 years old and I have been going to the other groups with kind of newbies, I am 3 and 1/2 years out from my RNY. I had my WLS 2 hours from my home. I live in Roseburg, Oregon. I had my WLS at COOS BAY, Oregon. Here are my STATS: HW 249 (this time, I was up to 285#'s in 2004) SW 232 LW 117 CW 125-129. I got to my goal weight in 6 months. I did have some problems with Strictures, they started right away. In Nov of 2013 I had to have a ENDOSCOPE with a dialation, again Dec 2013 endo with a dialation, again Jan of 2014, July of 2014. With my last one Jan 2015. I have had no more problems. I am so much better since I also had Insulin Resistant Diabetes and took 100 units of insulin 2 times a day plus Meteformin and still couldn't get my blood sugars under control. Happily, I am off all those meds. I use to take 12 different medications, now I take 4 plus my Vitamins. I still have high blood pressure and just can't seem to get off those meds. I have no ideas to just LET IT GO!! If someone figures that one out please let me know. I also have Arthritis, Fibromylgia. But since losing my weight I have have been able to increase my walking to 4 miles 3 to 4 times a week. Things are GREAT!! Having my WLS is one of the very best things I have done for myself!! It rates up there with when I got married to my best friend and giving birth to my 2 kids. I'm kind of glad to find this site. have been a member for awhile but stopped coming into it for awhile. Then rejoined. There is so many newbies on here and really got a little tired of the whining that goes on. I know that some of the old ones have even left. Because of spme things that were said. Luckily I missed that stuff. Again I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Just found out I'm having my gallbladder out at the same time..gimme those pain meds lol

How did that come about???

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I thought it would be great to communicate with someone that is older like me. I have been through all of my prelims and my scheduled surgery date is June 20th. I will be starting on my liquid, liver shrinking diet on June 6th. I welcome any and all information from all of you pros out there that have been through where I'm heading.

I'm 65 and having my surgery July 19th 2017 a little nervous they have to do hiatal hernia repair while they're in there doing my sleeve. I'm on day 11 of my pre-op liquid diet. Looking forward to a new beginning and enjoying life instead of just watching it Go by hope everyone is doing wonderful 😊

On 4/25/2017 at 0:33 PM, BigTee said:

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I thought it would be great to communicate with someone that is older like me. I have been through all of my prelims and my scheduled surgery date is June 20th. I will be starting on my liquid, liver shrinking diet on June 6th. I welcome any and all information from all of you pros out there that have been through where I'm heading.

How was your surgery and how are you feeling? I'm still on my liquid pre-op diet surgery is scheduled July 19th hope you're doing well take care..