Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No One In The Sixties?

I feel like we are all lucky to have the opportunity to regain our health.... At our ( ahem) mature age.

It's a different thread here than the ones who are 20 something and starting.

We have a bit more of life experience and I , for one, am not willing to compromise on this golden opportunity to live a much better life.

It has been over 9 years and my sixties are better and way healthier than the years I spent being obese.

@@catdaddy and Julie Norton. Thank you so much for you lovely feedback. We have more to lose and so much more to gain at our age. I relish the joys to come, like visiting my new grandbaby in Hong Kong, without resorting to a wheelchair at those enormous Asian airports!

@@texasbrit10, @@catdaddy, and @@Julie norton, I agree with y'all. We are definitely not too old to reap the benefits of WLS. I think we are probably more appreciative of this opportunity than the younger folks because we've "been there, done that".. I'm 61 and had the sleeve a couple of years ago. Because of GERD I'm having the revision to the RNY and I don't think I'm too old for that either. Being healthy at this age is so important and I just have to say it's a great time to be alive. Not too many years ago, people didn't have these options. I wish everyone continued success in their weight loss surgery...and good health.

Had the RNY Tuesday 31st. Home. No nausea. Get tired quickly but a little better each day. I'm so proud and happy! Some unladylike bowel issues (nobody mentions this?) but hey after 64 years there's not much we haven't learned to handle, right? Happy I made it through! Thank you God! Bless you for your support. The journey begins.

Had the RNY Tuesday 31st. Home. No nausea. Get tired quickly but a little better each day. I'm so proud and happy! Some unladylike bowel issues (nobody mentions this?) but hey after 64 years there's not much we haven't learned to handle, right? Happy I made it through! Thank you God! Bless you for your support. The journey begins.

Those issues will get better... it takes time. good luck on your losing....

My mom has been approved for a band to sleeve revision. She got the band 9 years ago and is 74. she wants quality of life as her knees are terrible carrying 220+ pounds. Bariatric surgeon here at Loma Linda U said she is a great candidate

I'm 69 and had GBS on 4/28/16. I started at 234 and am down to 179. I'm so happy to feel better and can walk again, about 4-5 miles a day. Still working out the diet, but feel good!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is great furmama. It is a wonderful feeling to have WLS and feel successful...

Many of us spent too many years trying everything else before getting to here .

May you enjoy your new life and most of all health!!

Thanks, Julie! I also wasted time on Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and many other diets and am happy I didn't wait longer for WLS. You keep up the good work, too!

Thanks, Julie! I also wasted time on Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and many other diets and am happy I didn't wait longer for WLS. You keep up the good work, too!

I have not had The RNY done yet I'm guessing it will be in Dec. I am so nervous. I hear good and I hear bad. I know the first few weeks will be hard. I know it will take time. But .....some people I talked to that had it years ago they talk like they are still having some trouble.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm 60 my bmi is 35.6 I am so tired of hurting in my kneses,and hip, no energy plus, medical stuff I've been going since June 29th I've done every thing I'm suppose to do and now just waiting. They won't submit to ins. Until Dec2. He said he would try to get me in this year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi again, I've noted different results for each individual. I have personally recovered well, but still have occasional setbacks. I do have much more energy. It used to wear me out to walk around a block, but now am able to easily walk between 3-5 miles every day. As you lose weight, your knees will feel better and your hip, too. I hope you get your surgery soon and can start the post-surgery journey to better health. ????

I had my surgery in 2014 and I just turned 64 on October 17th!! I had lost 120 lbs but regained 10. I am not very careful of what I eat. I am having a real problem with a low energy level and with my legs aching constantly. Especially while sitting and laying in bed. Does anyone else have this problem and have you solved it?

Hi everyone. I'm 60 yrs old. Had my Roux-en-Y done October 2015. Lost 44.5kgs do date and BMI is finally normal. First time since I was a child. I'm loving my new life. I am a chronic kidney patient but renal function has improved since the bypass...no longer take mess for that one. Rheumatoid and AS are also now in check...so that to is a bonus. Had a stricture at 6 weeks but got dilation for that. The only issue now is I have ulcerative oesophagitis which is a nuisance at times....any solutions?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App