Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Annual Office Retreat Rant

Friday is our annual office retreat...everything is kept a secret up until....usually we get address/directions as we're leaving the day before. Well at our Monday morning meeting the one in charge said "come ready to eat!" So afterwards I said I know everything is supposed to be a secret but I need to know about the food so ill know there's something I can eat.....of course when you're feeding this many people you would have some healthy options available...right??? Wrong!!!! I can eat green freaking Beans from this list!!! What the heck?!? I'm not happy about having to bring my whole food getup on this retreat....supposed to be a day of fun where everything is taken care of. Sorry for the lengthy bitching....just had to get it out!

post-20477-13813810528993_thumb.png

Wow that stinks. Protein Shakes will be helpful that is for sure. But wow this should have been a consideration, the fact that people have diabetes and other health issues (like ours) that can not or will not eat unhealthy food. What about the vegatarians in the bunch? Not even a salad, fuit or plain piece of chicken. Just pack yourself something to eat when everyone else is sitting and make yours look awesome and tasty so they envy you your food. It is crazy how thoughtless so many people are to the health of other people, the people planning the even probably have no problems and went cheap. Hope you have a great day doing all the other events they have planned at least. On the positive side you will be the one that will weigh less the day after the event whereas everyone else will have gained a pound. :)

well after everyone eats that lunch they are all going to want to take a nap....ugh....i think you eating your way (pain in the butt that you have to take it all) you will feel a lot better than the rest.

Try to enjoy.

Feel free to rant to us, cause we do understand.

Hugs

There are onot about 25 of us in this office but there are others here that won't be happy about how unhealthy this is....one lady has been doing some special diet and has most about 30 lbs in the past several months. Diabetic or two. I'm just a little shocked because in the past we have always had healthier options available no matter what type of meal we're having. Thanks got listening ya'll.

I would bring your own lunch. My 2nd day back to work we had a baby shower for one of my friends, only a few people knew I had surgery. I was one week post op and was still on liquid diet, it was so difficult to smell all this amazing home cooked food but I did not have on crumb of food and no one really even noticed. I thought for sure that someone would say "why are you not eating" but no one did. If you co-workers do not know you had surgery I would just say that there was nothing healthy on the menu so you brought your own. If you co-workers know you had surgery then I would tell them the same answer as above - LOL. Good luck !!!

We have something like this every week where I work and last week it was cake and ice cream. It helps to keep healthy Snacks at work. The girl next to me has a candy dish and people come by all day for candy. I keep sugar free peppermint patties and werthers in my desk. Yogurt and string cheese are yummy snacks that are easy to keep at work.

I would bring your own lunch. My 2nd day back to work we had a baby shower for one of my friends' date=' only a few people knew I had surgery. I was one week post op and was still on liquid diet, it was so difficult to smell all this amazing home cooked food but I did not have on crumb of food and no one really even noticed. I thought for sure that someone would say "why are you not eating" but no one did. If you co-workers do not know you had surgery I would just say that there was nothing healthy on the menu so you brought your own. If you co-workers know you had surgery then I would tell them the same answer as above - LOL. Good luck !!![/quote']

They all know....part of the reason I'm a little upset with how inconsidetate the food choices....not just for myself but got the others here that eat really healthy.

We have something like this every week where I work and last week it was cake and ice cream. It helps to keep healthy Snacks at work. The girl next to me has a candy dish and people come by all day for candy. I keep sugar free peppermint patties and werthers in my desk. Yogurt and string cheese are yummy Snacks that are easy to keep at work.

I'm used to keeping stuff at work.....this will be a bring a cooler day because I don't even know where we will be....always a big secret until the day before....crazy secret stuff...I just like to know what's going on....lol....little bit of a control freak here :-)

I here you! My work is the same way. The big VP at one meeting passed out an article on why you are fat to the attendees. I was mortified. Anyway, then all the food was cream based/fried/processed. WTH! At least there were veggie options but most places lace them with butter. Heck those green Beans on your menu scare me. With the rest of the menu being what it is I bet those little suckers are cooked in bacon fat! I have learned to always have Protein bars with me.

BTW, the fruit pizza cracks me up. I bet they think that is the healthy option for you.