Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNYTalk Newsletter 10/05/2012

RNYTalk Newsletter

By
Hey, RNYTalk.com members!!

Summer’s over and we’re into the beautiful days of early autumn. No matter where you live, we hope you’re getting a chance to get out and enjoy the weather! Any activity you do counts toward your weight loss, health and pleasure, so make an effort to get outside and get moving. Don’t forget to take your RNYTalk.com app with you so you can read the newsletter and keep up with the boards! Here’s what you’ll find in October’s newsletter.

• Member Spotlight: Meet Stacey dayonne!

• Bypass Challenge: Lend a Hand!

• Having a Healthy Autumn: A Few Tips for Parents – and Other Busy RNYTalk.com Members!

• Weight Loss Surgery: Not the Easy Way Out!

Can’t wait to get started? Neither can we! Enjoy the newsletter and please feel free to let us know what you think! Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder

dinner for your spouse even when it’s not your turn. This challenge does more than make someone else’s life easier. It makes you value yourself more when you see how powerful you can be just by being kind to others.

Don’t forget to let us know how you helped someone! What did you do? How did it make you feel? Let us know how it goes in the food, fitness and more! It’s never too late to try something new and exciting!

Make It a Healthy Autumn: A Few Tips for Parents – and Other Busy RNYTalk.com Members!

Okay, we know that the autumn is a busy time of year. If you’re a parent, your children are back in school and their activities are in full swing. You may be juggling work with your chauffeuring, catering and cleaning business – aka, taking care of your family! Most of us are pretty busy even if we’re not parents.

It’s easy to use not having enough time as an excuse for getting off track with your weight loss. You might eat foods that you know you shouldn’t because you feel you just can’t squeeze in the time to prepare a healthy snack. We’ve all done it. You rush out the door in the morning and are busy all day. Some of these happen along the way.

• You are starving by lunchtime and grab a few truffles that give you severe dumping syndrome.

• You go by the vending machine for a soft drink that’ll make you feel sick within minutes.

• You realize at the end of the day that you haven’t stopped to drink for hours, and you have a headache and your stomach hurts.

• You know you should be eating lean Protein, but the closest thing you can find is pepperoni from the company’s pepperoni pizza – so to be polite, you eat the entire slice and it causes an obstruction.

• You start to depend on Protein shakes because those are the closest thing to a healthy meal that you can find at the company cafeteria.

You don’t have to let a hectic schedule get in the way of your health! What can you do about it? Here are a few tips to make the most out of every day

• Prepare some of your meals and Snacks at the beginning of the week.

• Wash your fruits and vegetables so they’re easy to prepare when you need them.

• Cook some your Proteins - chicken breast, fish, seafood, lean beef and/or veggie burgers – and freeze them in single-serving baggies or containers.

• Cook up bigger batches, put them in single-serving containers and freeze them so you can defrost them when you’re ready to eat them. This is a great option for healthy side dishes, such as whole wheat Pasta, carrots or Beans. (You don’t have to make too much, since your single portions post-surgery are pretty small).

• Place snacks in single-serving bags if you buy a multi-serving package

• Plan your Breakfast the night before so you don’t have to think about it in the morning.

• Take the time to make a grocery list. It’ll save you time in the end.

• Using a list will keep you from forgetting foods and needing to go back to the store during the week.

• You’ll be faster in the store because you won’t get distracted.

• Sticking to a list will keep you from buying foods you shouldn’t.

• Buy ingredients for breakfast

• Buy snack foods

• Make sure you drink enough.

• Stash Water bottles in your car and at work and keep them filled. It’ll encourage you to drink throughout the day and you won’t have to take the time to run to the kitchen each time you need to drink.

• Stick a pitcher of water in the fridge so you see it several times a day.

• Keep healthy snacks at work so you never find yourself starving with nothing healthy to eat.

• Beef Jerky and canned tuna, chicken, beans, vegetables keep for months.

• Frozen foods to consider keeping around include grilled chicken and fish, veggie burgers and vegetables.

• Yogurt, low-fat cheese, cottage cheese and deli meats are high-protein snacks to keep in the fridge for a week or more.

The more you plan, the better off you’ll be. You’ll save time and be more likely to eat well. And remember – you’re worth it! We suggest picking one or two strategies and working on them until you master them, then moving on to a new tip. Let us know how helpful the tips are!

That’s a lot to chew on for this newsletter, so we’re going to end it here. There’s no end to the news, tips and conversations over at RNYTalk.com, so come on over via your computer, smartphone or Kindle! You can always check out the old newsletters, too, in the Newsletter Forum.

Thanks for coming along in this newsletter and for being part of our fantastic community! We couldn’t do it without you.

Have a great month and take care of yourself and each other,

Alex.

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: {unsubscribe}