Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone,

I'm 1.5 weeks post op and on the puréed diet for the next week and a half.

I'm just wondering... Does anyone not have problems with any foods at all?

So far I'm eating 4-5 meals a day about 1/2 cup each time and things are going down fine. No problems whatsoever, Nothing at like when I had lapband.

I sometimes feel a pressure, but it's really hard to tell other times because my stomach is still so very sore.

I'm trying not to fret I just don't wanna screw anything up like I did with the band.

Have lost 10kg...( I think that's like 22pounds?) in under 3 weeks so I'm stoked with the progress I just have nightmares of putting on weight. Lol

Sounds like you are doing great... just do as your doctor says and you should be fine. I ran into some problems because I was not chewing my food properly. Once I started chewing each bite like a million times I was OK.. You will come across foods that you cannot tolerate when you start eating regular food etc. We live and learn what we can and can't do. Keep up the great work :)

Thanks BB!

Definatly have eased my mind :)

For me that pressure meant I was full. I wasn't always able to get 1/2 cup in me at every meal. My dr said that was fine to stop when I was full. As long as I got my Protein in first and was drinking all my liquids. Im 6mo out now and eat 1/2 cup no problem, but never more.

i eat good at first then all of a sudden i could only hold about 2 oz. maybe up to 4 but not often.

i eat good at first then all of a sudden i could only hold about 2 oz. maybe up to 4 but not often.

I did the same thing

New Life Started 07/24/12

I sometimes feel a pressure, but it's really hard to tell other times because my stomach is still so very sore.

The stomach has stretch sensors in it that signal the brain when you're "full". That process is often temporarily interrupted following surgery. It comes back as healing progresses and your new pouch will start doing a lot of talking! Congratulations on your surgery!!

I'm 6 weeks and a few days post op and my pouch is just starting to tell me when I'm full.

We went to support group last night and the nutritionist told me to stop counting calories for the time being I should focus on Proteins try to keep my carb count to around 60-100. I need to get my body out of starvation mode. Ez for her to say when you just don't feel hungry. Or food makes you sick just looking at it even 6 weeks out

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Hey everyone' date='

I'm 1.5 weeks post op and on the puréed diet for the next week and a half.

I'm just wondering... Does anyone not have problems with any foods at all?

So far I'm eating 4-5 meals a day about 1/2 cup each time and things are going down fine. No problems whatsoever, Nothing at like when I had lapband.

I'm trying not to fret I just don't wanna screw anything up like I did with the band.

Have lost 10kg...( I think that's like 22pounds?) in under 3 weeks so I'm stoked with the progress I just have nightmares of putting on weight. Lol

You sound like my twin i had my revision surgery on the 5 th and am now on the puree stage. Everything is going in find. Its weird after the band to know what full means- i bet u know what i mean- i can breath so must not be full. I have to learn the meaning of full - the true meaning. Its like i dont know where my stomach is ....

The mind games are hard for me - my brain is telling me..." hey thats only half a cup of pureed apple ... Thats nothing.... You should have spme more" luckliy im controlling the urge but its hard as the pureee stuff goes down so easily

But thank god that the bands ouy hey!