Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Dates

I am trying to start one. Not sure what exactly I can or cannot have or if I have to count calories along with this too. I don't have to doeb one yet just one week prior to surgery and don't have a date yet. But last I talked to surgeon in July he wanted me to lose 10 pounds before surgery

You know everyone keeps asking me how much my doctor wants me to lose before surgery and he never gave me a amount but I lost quite a bit on my fast.

Well I would be doing good but it took me all month September to lose the weight I gained from quitting smoking and so now I am down to that weight. So now have to work on the 10 pounds. See I saw him in July when he said that. I saw his NP in August which showed the gain. Lost it plus a pound at September weigh in and now have to lose the 9 pounds actually by the 16th when I see him again

Wow I have spent all day cleaning and organizing. My surgery is Wed and I'm so nervous!!! I guess it was just nervous energy but it did keep my mind off of it for a little bit. How do you shut your mind off??? lol!!!

Wow I have spent all day cleaning and organizing. My surgery is Wed and I'm so nervous!!! I guess it was just nervous energy but it did keep my mind off of it for a little bit. How do you shut your mind off??? lol!!!

Mine is on Wed too I'm able to lose myself by re-reading some of my favorite books (honor Harrington) playing with my cat and planning planning planning

The best way for me to cope w/ anxiety is to research and plan I've done all the research I can now it's down to planning

EmpressLizBunny....it's so good to have a surgery buddy!!!! I'm about to start re-reading my books too!!! I'm just afraid I'm not strong enough to make it through this. My husband says that I'm the strongest person he knows especially after he saw what I went through when I gave birth to our son. I'm just afraid of the unknown. I just want someone to be completely honest with me about everything that's going to happen. I feel like people hold out alot because they don't want to scare you. I'm the complete opposite....the more I know the better I am.

EmpressLizBunny....it's so good to have a surgery buddy!!!! I'm about to start re-reading my books too!!! I'm just afraid I'm not strong enough to make it through this. My husband says that I'm the strongest person he knows especially after he saw what I went through when I gave birth to our son. I'm just afraid of the unknown. I just want someone to be completely honest with me about everything that's going to happen. I feel like people hold out alot because they don't want to scare you. I'm the complete opposite....the more I know the better I am.

I know what you mean that's why I do so much research I find both positive and negative testimonials read through blogs ect.

You can do this and think how nice it would be to keep up with your son (even at 28 my brother likes to go on hikes or 5 mile plus walks around cities with my mom)

I know what you mean that's why I do so much research I find both positive and negative testimonials read through blogs ect.

You can do this and think how nice it would be to keep up with your son (even at 28 my brother likes to go on hikes or 5 mile plus walks around cities with my mom)

My son just turned two and he is extremely active. I do want to be able to play with him more and I want to have more energy. My husband has decided to diet with me. He said that way we can become healthy together and as a family. So I just got to keep remembering that I'm doing this for our whole family.

I hear ya there I like straight and forward answers dont beat around the bush.

My last day of Opti Fast is over Yay me. I cant wait for Monday morning.

Cooksie I did and still am I feel so beat up right now the doctors have me on the pureed diet and I can barely keep it down they kept me one extra nite but there was a nurse in there that said it was the best decision she ever made sp i guess roght now its my pain talkin

Surgery is Tuesday morning....any one else second guessing?

I did all the way up until i was at the hospital. But i am happy i did it 4 days ago. I feel better and i know i am headed important right direction .

Surgery is Tuesday morning....any one else second guessing?

My surgery is Wed. One minute I'm ready to get the show on the road and the next minute I'm ready to back out. Emotional roller coaster!!!