Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' February Challenge

Kat - so happy to hear the little one is recovering - get better soon baby Kinsey.

Got to my NIA class this morning.

Sorry, was not home all day today and did not get a chance to call Bluehill...........I'll try tomorrow to let you know how she is doing.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe what all I missed. Thank GOODNESS Kinsey is doing better, Kat. Wow, what a scare. To be so little and so sick. So frightening.

Betty, do we have any news on Bluehill? Is she out of the hospital yet? I don't know anything about cellulitis. If you have an address for her that she's authorized you to give out, I'd love to send her a card if you'd PM it to me.

I'm in St. Barts, which is a dream, but for the fact that I'm working too much. I did my PS "consult" with my Dad earlier today and boy was that not fun. I'll give you all an update later, once I've goten a little distance from it. It's going to be fine, it's just going to be a big, big surgery.

Meanwhile, I've got a case (work) that I'm just not happy with. I'm going to sit by the pool and see if I can come up with any solutions that I haven't thought of to date....

Take care,

I just talked to Bluehill and she's still in the hospital and will be for a couple of more days................her saga continues tho -

(When Bluehill gets back on to the computer - she'll correct whatever errors)

They are putting in a port so she can continue with IV antibiotics, at home, for several more weeks. She is going to stay with her daughter (in Vermont) in her dorm/apartment because her home is 4 1/2 hours away and they don't want her traveling that far - additionally her home is having a big update (new floors, new staircase, etc) and she was supposed to be on a vacation while this was being done anyway.........so if she was able to get home she would have to stay in some one elses house anyway! She explained the cellulitis to me - she had this once before - caused by diabetis - due to a nick or cut that gets infected. It was how she was diagnosed for diabetis...............before she had her band........I'm rambling, but just trying to remember what she said.........they treated it the same way then and she recovered! After being banded she was able to get off all her diabetic meds and her numbers are good...............however, she's, I guess, still prone to this because of the effects of being a diabetic and she nicked her shin and this happened. She'll be out of the hospital on Sat or Sun and she'll have access to a computer and will keep us up to date!

My Mom was a diabetic and had to have "wound care" - what they called it in those days (still not sure it is the same thing with Blue - I think so) - and I know it is not an easy task/cure.

I told her about all that is happening to our group...........she sends her love and concern.

So, Blue - get better soon - we miss you!

For a change of pace................just :clap2: happy news - for some reason the scale is moving again! I didn't change anything.........just kept going to the gym and doing my thing!

One more pound and that nasty "Ob" word will go away - for good! I'll "just be overweight"! On a funny note - 3 days ago Alan and I both weighed in at 171.5 - yesterday we both weighed in at 171 - this morning 170 - we not only look, act, talk alike after 45 + years, we now weigh the same every morning! That guy - can't get below him!!!!!!!!

Julie - When you get a chance - fill us in on the PS news! Sorry you have to work on your vacation - what type of law do you practice?

On my way to the gym! Pre-posted today's gym............got that "rush" going!

Go Betty, Go Betty, It's your birthday, it's your birthday!

OK, it's not your birthday, but ONE SEVENTY???? Geeze! You're melting into nothing! We have to look hard to see you!

Wink. Way to go.

Yeah Amourette - I'm close to a size 12 myself - isn't it fun!

Julie - it's so funny - just think if you announced in a "normal" people gym class - "hey guys - I weigh 170 lbs - how many of them would snicker - hehehe..........she thinks she's getting skinny! Thanks to you all - we are so excited for each other and relish in each and every lb as we go down to "our skinny". Again, again, again.............thanks for all the support - what a great group.

Kat - haven't heard from you in a couple of days.........hope the little one is better.

Hi ladies-

Yes, thank you she is back to her little self full of attiTWO'd...terrible 2's!!! Not really terrible, just that strive for independence, all she says is "I do it", "let me", "I want"....and I have been stressed so it has been a day!!!

Nothing serious going on--I am just being pissy with my DIL, and letting things stress me out that I shouldn't. My grandsons 1st birthday party she is giving here is getting bigger by the day, and more out of control. Meanwhile, who is cleaning the house getting ready to have all these people (including DH's ex, which he is dreading) in....I am. She is in for a surprise, I AM NOT doing this party, she is using my house, and I am going to sit my butt down, and let her do something! Sorry---I am really worked up over her right now! She showed up at dinner last night in a huff... didn't speak to any of us, was my DD, her b/f the 2 girls, and my niece who is 14. My DS come in from work, and she was to join us as well, well she come in 30 minutes late, because she was with her sister, and she was mad---I guess because we didn't invite her sister---I have no idea. But she rolled her eyes, and sighed all through dinner---and here I am busting my butt so she can have a party at my house, and she hasn't even called to offer a bit of help of any sort!

OK I will quit complaining-----thanks I needed to bi#*h!!!!

I hope Bluehill is ok, my FIL was hospitalized with cellulitus, but he didn't treat it for a couple of weeks, and almost lost his foot because he let it go for so long. But he has such sever nueropothy, he didn't think it hurt bad enough to be serious!!!

Julie---hope vacation is a blast!!!

Tracy---I have been meaning to tell you---I love your upbeat posts!!! (Said in the same post I spend all my time complaining!!)

Betty---we had new young neighbors move in, I told DH I wanted them to refer to us as that little old couple----little being my key word----better watch out you and Alan!!! Rick remains 1-2 pounds above me now, I LOVE it!!! Of course he is rock hard muscle and I am all jiggly, but who cares!!! You can be an "overweight loser" with me now!!! But you look like you should have left that title of obese behind long ago!

Amourette---have a safe flight, talk to you when you get home!

Crud---dryer is finished I need to get busy---will try to get back between another couple of chores!!!

Hugs to ALL---miss you!

Kat

Just got back from NIA...........feel great! Going to the movies with friends - then out to dinner. Getting ready for our hectic/fun week with grandkids.............Everyone have a nice week-end!

hello ladies,I almost met the challenge but now Im stuck with flu and fever in my bed. Its the time of year when everybody has a flu so theres like no way of not catching it.

Im upset cause I really wanted to meet the challenge this month!

Amourette...wow size 12 and you were complaining before about losing too slow?? Why dont you put in your signature with what weight you started and where are you now? CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

I'm hooommmmmeeee. Ahhhh. Vacation is lovely, but nothing beats sleeping in your own bed. I can't wait. The scale tomorrow morning will be interesting. I didn't make ANY effort to eat the right things on vacation, though given that I have pretty good restriction, I don't think I did any major damage. I'm back on the pre-surgery hard-nosed diet as of tomorrow morning. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it.

OK, I think I've turned a corner and am actually getting excited about my PS. Letting Dad really look at my stomach was emotionally difficult, but he is such a "surgeon" (I guess mby that I mean that the exam just felt very medical -- as if I were any other patient) that it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. He wants to think about the exact procedure for a few days, but his impression is that he'll do something inbetween a Tummy Tuck and a lower body lift, in addition to a normal breast lift (no implants). Basically, there's a version of a tummy tuck where they cut around your hips as well, to give the outer thighs a little lift, but without cutting all the way around 360 degrees. He thinks I need the extended tuck because of the weight I carried in my hips. I'm thrilled because I wanted a LBL, but he had told me he wouldn't consider it at this point -- that it was too big of a surgery for a patient that wasn't at goal. I didn't realize there was something in between. Best of all, he did a bunch of stomach muscle tests and he's certain I won't need the muscle work of a tummy tuck -- just the skin and fat removal. That's fabulous because it makes the surgery and recovery a lot easier and, thus, he's willing to do more skin removal. I had hoped that would be the case because I've been working out for so long and haven't had pregnancies, but I wasn't sure until he confirmed it.

So, I'm set for March 28th. Woohoo!

Julie - welcome home! Are you nice and tan? - Tan flab is so much nicer than white flab! There's no place like home.........is there? Are you loving your new home? Excited for you about the PS............we'll be there with you thru it all (I'll be jealous because then you can have a white bod and it will look great!). Hard body pictures to follow?

Tracy - found your thread for the new April 2007 bandits..........you all sound so excited - brings back that excitement of last year - but the excitement even gets better with all our success - loss of lbs plus we're such studs and so healthy!

Off to NIA.

I'M BAAAAACK! Well, in a matter of speaking, yes, I'm back!

First, I've only this morning been able to catch up with all the posts since I last had access to a computer, on Feb. 12. So much has happened to everyone! Please excuse the fact that I don't have the energy to address each and every one of you dear ladies. But please know that I have held you all close in my heart. So reading about your successes -- and personal challenges -- has been nothing short of inspirational. And I so very much appreciate your good wishes for my continued improvement.

I left the hospital, two days ago, and am continuing my treatment at "home" -- in this case, my daughter's student apartment. Not ideal, but she's wonderfully loving and devoted, and I am receiving good care. I have a PICC line in my left arm for daily antibiotic medication. Yesterday the visiting nurse came to help us, and now we're on our own. I'm feeling pretty good, no pain or discomfort, and can walk around and do things for a short period of time but am required to elevate my leg -- still somewhat swollen -- as much as possible. The plan is to remain here in Burlington, VT, until I have completed the course of antibiotics and then return to my home in Great Barrington, MA, on March 9 (ironically, my birthday). I am hopeful that everything will go well.

Eating properly is a challenge because I am so dependent on my daughter for shopping and food preparation in a student kitchen with few resources. I have such longing for comfort foods! (read carbs....) Yesterday I had some Soup and couldn't stop eating the saltines. And I'm desperate to resume my exercise regimen, particularly yoga. But I have to be patient. It will all come in good time.

I'll try to stay in touch when I have access. Thank you again for your wishes and prayers for my health. I can't tell you how eager I was to reconnect with this group, you all mean so much to me. Thank you.

Bluehill,

It is so good to hear from you. As you can imagine, we have been very concerned for you! Thankfully, your daughter is close. I'm sure this arrangement is not entirely ideal, but it is allowing you to heal, and you are with someone who loves you.

When you do come home on your birthday, it will be a glorious day! Not only will it feel great to "sleep in your own bed" (as Julie mentioned), but you'll have a new home!

Please do everything you can to think uplifting thoughts, take your medicine, and follow doctors' orders!

We miss you, but are very thankful!!