Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today! (1/31)

It is as good and bad as I thought...and about the Tylenol vs. Ibuprofen...my center says no Ibuprofen ever again. Only liquid Tylenol.

I have had 3 C-sections and a gallbladder. I could not imagine having this and not have had so much experience with abdominal surgery. Worse than gallbladder but better than C-section. That may be due to I had a little surprise as I was getting prepped. My tests showed I had a hiatal hernia they had to repair? What? =) Who knew? :omg:

I was banded on the 31st as well and feel pretty great. I walked today about 1/4 mile, and the only pain I am having is where the the port(I think) is located. Also a bit of chest pain when I drink something too cold. I havent taken any pain meds today, just two tums...I am glad the surgery is over and the healing phase has started!

:update: :violin:

wow- did I turn a corner for the worse last night. I woke up and apparently the pain meds had worn off. I got up to use the bathroom and could barely walk it hurt so bad. then when I got back into bed I was just shaking with pain. the gas has me feeling like a hot air balloon. :) this part sucks!

I have been taking ibuprofin and my pain meds, soon I should have my medication back up to where I am a bit more comfortable and tonight I am going to set the alarm and get up every 4 hours to take my medications so I don't have to feel like that again.

I am much less mobile today, and the incision sites are sore:eek: sore:eek: sore:eek: but I am not as bad as I could be.

Hi Thatgirl- I was thinking about you. First of all congratulations on being banded. I was banded on 1/30/07 and felt the same as you do. I can honestly say that it gets better. With each passing day, it gets better. I had a tough time with the gas pains. Hang in there- Gigi:)

Hey someone said, for the gas pains, that if you lay down and with a pillow and then put your butt in the air, by being on your knees, that will help the gas pains because gas rises. I am not sure if it works, but I think it is worth a shot.

On the ibuprofen, I was told not to take any ibuprofen after surgery because it tears at the stomach. It can cause ulcers when sitting too long.

I have my surgery this Thursday. Did my pre-op stuff today. Can't wait!!! Good to hear all of you are doing good.

:)

Oh, by the way, I have to stay in the hospital one night and it looks like a lot of you get released the next day. I have to do a fast of Clear liquids, along with one 10 ounce bottle of magnesium citrate, two days before the surgery. Then the day of the surgery I don't get anything to drink, not even ice chips, until the next morning when they check with an x-ray or something to make sure the Fluid goes through. They said because of swelling possibilities is why they wait until the next morning to check.

Anyway, after that I have to be on Clear Liquids for about 5-7 days until my first doctor apt. Then I go to regular liquids. Then after a week of regular liquid, two weeks of mushy foods.

:)

:update: :update: :update:

I am alive.... I think:nervous I finally turned a corner today.

I was not that nervous about surgery- I have had 9 laproscopies before (for endometriosis) so I was prepared for some gas and misery but I think the difference this time was 5 incisions instead of the 2 I am used to. I dunno, maybe that was it?!

It's Tuesday evening and I am feeling alright. Sore at the incision sites (especially the port site but the one on the left above my belly button is almost as bad) but doing better.

I am drinking as much Water as I can stand and trying to juggle slimfasts, baby juices (gerber ones- they have an apple prune that is pretty tasty and helps keep things moving, so to speak) and broth sometimes. I also drink some soy milk and almond milk here and there. I have not been counting how many calories or whatever, there is no way I could get down enough to be a good amount yet- right now I am just trying to heal... heal slowly and take care of me. I am using Source of Life liquid Vitamins, which I like pretty well.

Tomorrow I go back to the office to try to work for at least a few hours. I feel good about that, yesterday I thought I was going to be home all week.

I hope the rest of you week old bandsters are doing well- I think of you all often.

I have spent a fair amount of time giggling at my heating pad (I labored over which one to get and got a big fancy one and haven't used it once!!!) I tried but it made me hurt :straight so I put it away.

WAY to go!!!! You are on the road to recovery! I am on day 13 (Surgery Jan 31st) from surgery and I feel absolutely fine. The only thing is I can't eat alot (shame , huh!). I probably consume less than 500 calories per day. I guess it's due to the swelling. If i get hungry, I can only eat a few bites of food, usually creamy or mushy food). I have not progressed to real solids yet. the closest I have come is mashed potates. The good news is, I'm not hungry and I'm losing a LOT of weight! I kind of wish that my swelling would not go down! Then I wouldn't even have to worry about the fills! :-) Anyway, glad to hear you are doing well. Good luck in the days to come...