Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pittsburgh Pa

I'm south of Pgh. Going to Dr McCloskey through upmc

Dr McCloskey did my surgery. I really liked her.

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. Just getting the process started through UPMC Magee. Don't even have a surgeon yet.

But I'm here.

Well, I got my appointments lined up yesterday, but didn't post here.

These are the formal parts of the bariatric program I am entering.

Initial Surgical Consult with Dr. Carol A. McCloskey is Tuesday, February 24 @ UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital,

1st of 5/6 Bariatric Classes/Supervised Weight Loss is Monday February 23, also at Magee Hospital.

Bariatric Support Group is 2nd Wed (February 11) @ Magee Hospital.

I am also pursuing various other Weight Loss/Fitness/Healthy Living options at the same time.

I am joined the UPMC BodyChangers program and will be attending Shape Training on Saturday, February 7.

Also from UPMC BodyChangers is Finding Your Fit "Why Move?" on Friday, February 20.

I meet with an independent Nutritionist, Jenny Nguyen, on Thursday, February 19.

I have enrolled in a 12-week Healthy Lifestyle "Weight Loss" program starting Tuesday, February 24.

Finally, I have issues with emotional eating. I am trying to find a therapist to help me with this pre- AND post-op. In them mean time/in addition to, I am going to try and hit a couple of OA meetings each week.

Busy month!

Anybody use Dr. McCloskey before? Or planning to attend any of the above classes/groups? I could use some local friends who understand what I'm going through....

Hi. One week post op--RNY at West Penn with Dr. Gagne. Would love to meet others locally on this journey, even if it's just conversation over a cup of Decaf.< /p>

Hi. One week post op--RNY at West Penn with Dr. Gagne. Would love to meet others locally on this journey, even if it's just conversation over a cup of Decaf.< /p>

Hey there! I know this post is a little older but it caught my eye with your doctor. I am with this practice also and see Dr Eid. I will be having the RNY also at West Penn. where are you located? I'm in McMurray pa. Small world????

@@claddagh66 I'm in Cecil! Hubby, in fact, works in McMurray!

Oh wow that's so cool! Small world. How are you feeling these days? How did you do with bypass? I'd love to tak to you if you can and would want to. Private message me either on here or fb if your on there and we can talk. Dawn

Oh wow that's so cool! Small world. How are you feeling these days? How did you do with bypass? I'd love to tak to you if you can and would want to. Private message me either on here or fb if your on there and we can talk. Dawn

I'm feeling good, but very, very tired. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to keep taking the Vitamins and supplements! I think that has been my greatest mistake. I will message you!

Reviving this thread in case there are others in the Pittsburgh area getting ready for surgery.

I live north of Pgh, but work in Blawnox. I will be having my surgery at Butler with Dr. Gagne.

I too had rny and am pittsburgh. I also have a private group I started a few years ago just for Pittsburgh peeps if anyone would like to join us!!! It’s called gastric bypass/sleeve-pittsburgh. We’re such a great group with no issues! Good luck to you all!!!