Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At Home Recovery...

Guest mithrilcardigan

Guest mithrilcardigan

Okay.... So prepping for foods beforehand, maybe getting a cane to help me get up and a grabby claw for picking stuff up. I think I'm gonna solo it, folks! I'm pretty physically strong, so that's worth something, yeah? Wish me luck!

Okay.... So prepping for foods beforehand' date=' maybe getting a cane to help me get up and a grabby claw for picking stuff up. I think I'm gonna solo it, folks! I'm pretty physically strong, so that's worth something, yeah? Wish me luck![/quote']

It's funny you should mention the grabby claw. A few weeks after surgery my 5 year old insisted on getting a cheapie version at the dollar store, we got that thing home and I said DARN, WHY DIDN'T WE BUY ONE OF THESE WEEKS AGO?!!! LOL

Seriously though, it's a pretty good idea. I wasn't able to bend over and pick things up for almost two weeks. Luckily for me, my 5 year old daughter was always eager to help my out with that.

I don't think you'll need a cane to walk. Just take it slow. One thing that helped me a lot was putting a sturdy chair next to the bed. Getting in and out of bed can be the trickiest thing after surgery in my opinion. You can use the chair to steady yourself and for leverage.

Good luck to you!!!

Guest mithrilcardigan

Oh, well I meant I'd use the cane to get up from sitting and junk. Bed chair isn't a bad idear either! Thanks!!

I helped my sister after her surgery for about 5 days. I helped her by getting things she needed and kinda was there for support :) After day 5, she was more independent. You should be fine! I wish you had someone you'd want around enough to help you, but ypu'll make do with what you've got. Good luck to you and cheers to a speedy recovery :)

When is your surgery? I wish you the best.... You can do it solo just take it easy the first few days.

7*10*12

Guest mithrilcardigan

I'm still waiting to hear back from the insurance company. Hopefully by Oct!

My BF stayed with me for 2 days after I came home. I had surgery on a Monday and was back to work the following Monday. I did really well during recovery.

My dr told me to take 3 weeks from work but i really dont want to(cant afford it). How did u feel going to work so "soon"?

GOOD LUCK ****hugs****

I called my insurance company to see what was going on, they told me it was approved I called my surgeon with the approval ref number , he schedule me for two weeks after that.... Good luck, try giving them a call make sure your paperwork didn't get pushed to the side, should not take longer than 10 days to let u know if your approved....

7*10*12

I just got the call! Insurance approved' date=' yo![/quote']

Great news! Congrats!! I will basically be recovering alone too. I do have a supportive husband, but he needs to work. I also have two young boys, so I will have no choice but to get up and drive them to school and babysitter. Only concern I have is lifting my 1.5 year-old into the car seat. I've had two c-sections, one that left me with an open incision for 6 months, so this laparoscopic surgery has to be easier than that!?!?! I should be coming home from hospital exactly three weeks from today, so I'll know soon!

That's awesome! Congrats! Betcha got sweaty palms, butterflies in your stomach and felt like jumping up and down for joy! Happy for you!

:) did your doctor give you a date yet?

7*10*12

Guest mithrilcardigan

Not yet! But I should be setting up one soon!