Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, I'm 51 n I'm 5 days post-ion I'm feeling horrible. I woke up super hungry which just set the whole tone for the day. My stomache is killing me. I have not thrown up but every time I drink something it hurts. Not doing anything it hurts. I'm feeling so frustrated, depressed n defeated. I have a Dr appt Monday n just don't

Know how I will make it if I feel like this. I'm trying room temp stuff now n that's a little better but I'm sooo regretting this decision I made to have Rny. Any advice for this frustrated newby???

Yes! What you are feeling now will pass. Sip a little warm tea or even warm Water. Go slowly-- your little tummy is very sore. It needs to heal. It's really hard to believe it, but you will feel so much better each week and month. And when those pounds fall off, you will know it was all worth it. I'm 19 months post op, down 130 lbs.

Thank u soo much sassy14. I do feel better today. And really trying to stay positive. And great job on the 130lbs. That awesome. I go to the doc tomorrow n will hopefully b on to my next phase of liquid. I understand why they call this hell week. But that's almost over lol what do they call week 2??? I wud love some pudding n I wonder if I can have soft serve frozen yogurt?? Ready any new liquids will be a great chg of pace. Wish me luck tomorrow n have a great Sunday night????????

I am 51...had my surgery in July and as of today I am 40 pounds gone (as of surgery date)...and 64 pounds total. This is ABSOLUTELY the best thing I have done for me!! I am gaining more and more self esteem every day and am grateful for it all!

To those of you out there just starting out or are in post op - STICK with it. It DOES get better!

Hang in there. I felt that same way in the beginning and had serious buyer's remorse. Now I am over 1 year out loving life! It will get better.

Hi ism 54 years old and will have my RNY Dec 8. I sure am glad to know how a fifty year old body will react, I'm also glad to hear how successful you all have been with the weight loss

Hi Fellow Fabulous Fifties! I am 54, and had my surgery 9/22/14. I am 3 months out, down 51 pounds, 3 dress sizes and have energy to burn! I went from the couch with no energy to working out 6 days a week. I run/walks dogs everyday followed by at least a 30 minute workout. I am 49 pounds from my goal weight and am happier than I could ever express. RNY has been the best decision I have ever made! Like childbirth, the first two weeks are a blur. I continue to learn what I can and cannot eat, unfortunately, the hard way! But I have no regrets.

I am 50 and 9 days out after sleeve surgery. On the mend and less pain!

I'm 51 and had surgery in September. I'm the happiest I've ever been!

Best of luck!

Carol

I'm 51 and today I go to meet the surgeons. I'm told I could be scheduled as early as Feb 6th ????

I'm 50 but had mine at 49, after my classes my insurance paid for it within 4 mths. I'm was a size 22 before surgery, 13 mths later I'm a comfortable size 12. I have to thank my husband of 30 yrs for suggesting this procedure due to my failing health with chronic spinal & nerve pain plus diabetes. It had never occurred to me to even get this done or that my insurance would pay for it, but it did and fast. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life and my only regret is that I didn't think about it myself or done it sooner. You will be sooooo happy when it's done and the weight finally goes down, best of luck and success to everyone taking this life saving step!

Great to hear all the successes. I am 54 and started the process for RNY in May of 2014. I have had hip issues for years and finally had to have hip replacement in December. I am mending well and hoping to have RNY in either February or March. It was all delayed because of the hip surgery. Orthropedics surgeon will release me next week and all my pre op requirements are completed.

I had lost 130 pounds before my hip went and gained 80 of it back...dealing with physical limitations by eating. Now with the new hip I am hoping the surgery will help me get back to the life I was enjoying before I regained the 80 pounds.

Had sleeve surgery December 2011 at 51 years old. Then I had a hiatal hernia and had surgery for that and a gastric bypass November 2014 at age 54. I just turned 55. I wish I had done this sooner. Society's attitude kept me from doing this earlier. But better late than never! I REALLY did not want the second surgery, but am SOOO glad I did! My highest weight was 238 pounds with comorbidities. I am now 165. My blood sugar is normal and my HBP is gone. Cholesterol is still a little high.

Hello fellow fifties!

I'm 57 years young. Finally I'm going for the rny. I tried about two years ago and it didn't work out. So, I walked away. Completely. But, here I am again.....I clearly couldn't lose weight on my own :( I have diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I took the bariatric classes through Kaiser, southern California. I'm just waiting on my approval letter. So maybe I'll have the surgery in the summertime. I so looking forward to not having to take meds for all the conditions listed above. I know I'll have hanging skin, I already have it! But, I want health over no hanging skin. I'm looking forward to following your progress and reading your updates :)

You'll do great! I feel so much better since I had RNY at 56! I have lots of life in this 58 year old body!