Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all new to thread I'm using my phone :) its good to see pol here getting/got there surgery done at unity I was wondering if anyone has or had to lose at least 50 lbs before they can get the surgery if so how r u doing it or done it I have 2 months left n I am having a hard time with that there isn't a lot of physical stuff I can do being 430 makes it hard :( any help would be forever greatful ty

Has anyone missed a couple of appointments if so what happened when u tried to schedule them again n if anyone is going to unity hospital bariateic center n had that happen to ya it would be greatful to know what happened that's where I'm going with nurse Darla n Dr. July :)

i was at unity as well. there were times i couldnt make it to an appointment and as long as you cancel there shouldnt be an issue. I dont know as far as just not showing up, but im sure if you call and reschedule if they do say anything just explain your situation on why you missed at it shouldnt be a issue! i had nurse janet and dr. johnson but i did meet dr. july once and she was super nice! i had to lose 24 lbs for surgery but i ended up losing about 40. it was so hard at first, but you just gotta stick as much as you can to the meal plan the nutritionist gives you. and for excersie even if you can walk for 10 minutes 3 times a day would help! hang in there and you can do it!!

Ya I didn't get to cancel the appointments I mixed my schedule up with my sons LOL he has cerebral palsy so he has appointments all the time too n I have to lose 50 n I have been so busy the last few months with a law suit against the hospital my son was born in they r the reason he has CP but now I have to lose 50 I'm 2 months n still see the psychology but I think they might extend my 6 months cause the appointments I did miss were the ones on to prove that I tried for 6 months to my insurance company I just wish I could sign something saying that if anything goes wrong that is cause cause I didnt lose all the 50 they r not reliable and I can get the surgery now I am soooooo ready I am known to have great patients but this wait is really testing that LOL

Haven't been on here in awhile, but still going through with the surgery. I'm completely approved but I need to get to my goal weight in order to have surgery. I'm at 312 lbs. I need to get to 298, and I know that doesn't sound like much to lose but I'm struggling hard! I keep losing then gaining and only have an approval until June 1st. I'm going to get into therapy, and start going to any groups I possibly can. I am currently on a liquid diet and have been cheating. I need to stop and today has gone good. I'm going to take it one day at a time. I give you all major props for losing weight because it is hard work!!

I started a group under community for us Minnesotans and surrounding areas. Come introduce yourself and join the group!

Hello! Fairly new to this site and looking to see if there's anyone from MN still on here and active on the site. I am about to have surgery Nov 2014. Really about to hit the liquid diet phase. Getting excited and nervous.

I'm new to this site but I just had gastric bypass RNY 3 weeks ago at Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis. I live just south of the twin cities. I'm wondering when people started lifting and hitting the gym? My doctor says I'm cleared for working out/lifting and a normal full solid diet but I am a little hesitant on things. I'm also super hungry all the time, I feel like I never get full. Any suggestions? I am getting all my Protein in and Vitamins so I don't really understand it and my surgeon is not a lot of help for answering questions!

I am in MN and having surgery September 9th- 30 minutes outside of the cities (Maple Grove area). Anyone in this area or meeting anywhere?

Hi I am from Minnesota as well I live in a tiny town Karlstad. I am looking for people to connect with that have had this surgery. =)

thank you Stephanie

Bloomington, MN! :)

Northern Metro - Centerville, Minnesota

I live in St. Paul and had surgery at Fairview Southdale. I go to support groups both at Southdale and at the U of M.

pam