Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

E-pen anyone?

OK, maybe I should have asked before I went and bought one, but here goes. I have gone from a few hairs on my chin that I could keep up with by plucking to having enough that I've started shaving. And getting a 5 o'clock shadow. I even had a co-worker ask how I bruised my chin. Professional treatments are pretty pricy, esp. since we are paying off our surgeries.

I was in Sharper Image yesterday, and saw this E-pen. It's an at-home

Electrolysis system. It was about $70, and so I got it. Used it yesterday and it didn't hurt at all and was easy to use. They say to do 3 treatments a week for something like 90 days, since it only can destroy the follical at certain points in the growth cycle. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried one of these and how well it works.

I was in Sharper Image yesterday, and saw this E-pen. It's an at-home Electrolysis system. It was about $70, and so I got it. Used it yesterday and it didn't hurt at all and was easy to use.

I hope it works for you, but if it's painless, I'm skeptical about it's effectiveness. Electrolysis works by destroying the hair follicle with heat and/or electrical current. That means pain to me.

I started having electrolysis when I was 15 and have been going off and on for 24 years now. It seems that just as I get one area taken care of, I start growing hair in another area. I'm currently working on my chin, too. I tried laser, and it didn't work at all for me.

Please keep us posted on the e-pen.

It might take longer than they say if these are hairs you have been plucking or shaving. I had a friend who was getting professional electrolysis done and she found that hairs that have been "messed with" are more resiliant.

Just fyi.

I just pluck my beard. It's sort of upsetting when I have a better beard than most of my male students. Sometimes I get this wild black hair that grows about 1/2 inch overnight. God, I hate menopause. I hated having periods but that is nothing compared with menopause. Something for you young things to look forward to. Hahahahahaha!

Thanks for the responses!

Bitteroldhag - my wonderfully niave husband is looking forward to me getting to menopause. He thinks that will be easier then monthly periods...

i hope you keep us informed how it's going as i have been tempted to buy one i also am starting to get too many to pluck and those long black on's seem to have a differant root system to the rest [ouch],really great post

I've not heard of e-pen (I thought you were looking for one of those pen-shaped zip drives or something!), but my mother had a home electrolosis kit when I was a kid. She had to mix up saltwater, do a bunch of hooey... and she said it hurt like crap!

I'm consdering laser hair removal, but I want some of my friends to go do it first so I can see if it works or not. :guess

I've not heard of e-pen (I thought you were looking for one of those pen-shaped zip drives or something!), but my mother had a home electrolosis kit when I was a kid. She had to mix up saltwater, do a bunch of hooey... and she said it hurt like crap!

I'm consdering laser hair removal, but I want some of my friends to go do it first so I can see if it works or not. :guess

And let me know if it does work for them!

This is really easy, tingles a bit. You put a gel on your face, then hold the pen thingy where you want the hair gone, and it does it's thing.

I tried laser hair removal on my "mustache." The doctor did 3 treatments, and it didn't work at all. I was very disappointed. I'm thinking of trying Vaniqa next.