Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow reading all of the complications can scared a person to death but each one of u said one thing that really makes me want to continue and that is even with the complications u did not regret having the surgery.

Yes i had pain in my chest. Turned out to be pneumonia. Call ur doc asap!

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 199/ gw 137

Wow reading all of the complications can scared a person to death but each one of u said one thing that really makes me want to continue and that is even with the complications u did not regret having the surgery.

Yes no regrets!!!

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 199/ gw 137

It seems that I am the exception but I had no problems at all. I was off of work for one week, and just hit four weeks. I focused very hard on preparing for surgery, and I lost 53 lbs in the two months prior to the surgery. I also worked out as much as I could leading up to surgery to be in the best shape I could. I am amazed at how good I feel. I started at 389, weighed 336 the day, and weigh 306 now.

It seems that I am the exception but I had no problems at all. I was off of work for one week' date=' and just hit four weeks. I focused very hard on preparing for surgery, and I lost 53 lbs in the two months prior to the surgery. I also worked out as much as I could leading up to surgery to be in the best shape I could. I am amazed at how good I feel. I started at 389, weighed 336 the day, and weigh 306 now.[/quote']

I think I am too. People were surprised when I went back to work in two weeks. I thank God I haven't had any issues.

Not at all

I wouldnt change a thing, just wished that I did it sooner. Still getting the pain primary dr said its not my heart and lungs are clear. Going to GBP dr and nutrionist tomorrow so hopefully I will get some answers.

I had my gallbladder out on 05/17/12. Other than that no major issues.

It seems that I am the exception but I had no problems at all. I was off of work for one week' date=' and just hit four weeks. I focused very hard on preparing for surgery, and I lost 53 lbs in the two months prior to the surgery. I also worked out as much as I could leading up to surgery to be in the best shape I could. I am amazed at how good I feel. I started at 389, weighed 336 the day, and weigh 306 now.[/quote']

This is great to hear! As someone who is preop, would it be in my best interest to take these next few months as a time to lose any weight I can and exercise a little?

Like Leon I haven't had a single issue. Not even anything. I like to think it went so well because I did lots of mind preparation and positive affirmation before. I know that makes me sound like a hippy dippy whacko but it really works for me! Best wishes to you for a seamless journey.

I did months of mental prep and reading positive books and statements. Did alot of praying. And had the doc read positive statements to me while i was under. And i still had complications. I am a perfectly healthy young adult. They were shocked i had all the problems i had. But i still dont regret it.

I had alot pain after surgery and it turns out i developed an ulcer at the connection so now 6 months later i finally feel better, my daughter felt great one week postop and my husband didnt have any issues. So it just varies

I had my GBP on 11/21/11 and my gallbladder removed on 5/17/12. The pains I am getting are just below the breast bone and feels like a brick laying there or like someone had a vice grip squeezing. I know it's not food cause I have had four attacks in the past 2 weeks and three of them have happen while I was asleep. I wake up in pain and get something to eat like some nuts and the pain subsides. Been to my primary dr and he checked not a heart attack. Talked to the nutritionist and she said could be an ulcer. I have an appt with the GBP dr next week.

Thats the same pain i had and i was diagnosed with an ulcer. I now take omeprazole 20 mg twice a day.

Overly preparing to not have complications is still focusing the brain and subconscious mind on having a complication and that could be why...they we are what we constantly think about.

Low potassium, high sugar, those happen almost with any surgery dealing with the gut area. I had both. Dehydration is also quite common too so I wouldn't bourdon yourself with counting any of those as complications. Pneumonia is also common to pick up after any surgery. That is part of why they had us use the incentive spirometer as well as walking and forced coughing, to clear and keep your lungs clear. If you didn't do those every two hours your pretty much got a high chance of getting pneumonia.

Rest easy, listen to your doc and bring any concerns to their attention and all will be fine...good luck with everything!

I didnt overly prepare lol. Ive had wls surgery before and I prepared the same way and had no complicarions. Its the luck of the draw. A month in the hospital was worth it to be down almost 60lbs in 4 months :)

I think I am too. People were surprised when I went back to work in two weeks. I thank God I haven't had any issues.

Same here. I only took 2 weeks off. I go back to work on Monday 8/13 and has surgery on 7/30. People at work were calling me crazy to just take 2 weeks but I am actually feeling a little bored at home now.