Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workout Dvds anyone?

Hi Everybody, What do you all think about working out at home? My sister gave me a dvd called '' Walk off the pounds" with Leslie someone. I like the privacy aspect of it. I don't feel ready to join a gym at this stage to be honest. Any ideas? Thanks. Susannah

It's funny you started this thread!! I just bid on 2 DVD's that were "Walking Away the Pounds." I had never heard of them & was hoping they were good ones. If anyone else has these videos let me know!! Not sure if I should outbid someone if I don't win. :rolleyes:

I want to start working out at home too!!

I've never had the kind of exercise success that I've had since I faced the fact that I was never ever going to make it to the gym four times a week. Since I started running, I've become hooked. I run on a treadmill at home and I run outside.

I have a couple of DVD's that I like to cycle through too - the Treadmoves ones are great for a treadmill workout with a difference - www.treadmoves.com. There's also quite a few cycling ones out there that woudl be great with a spin bike which I'm seriously considering getting in addition to my treadmill and there are quite a lot of body Pump style weights ones out there by Jari Love and similar if you like strength work.

Jane Fonda style aerobics, nah, not my scene. I find them too easy and very boring and the music is always terrible. Pilates ones are good but I do think you need some instruction on correct technique before you rely on them.

Hi Diane, I have done the one mile, of the ''walking off the pounds''. It was good. My sister Rebecca said that she loves doing the 2 mile one also. It is good and managable.

Jacqui, you are a machine mate! New york marathon for you next? :biggrin1: Susannah

I always thought doing excersise was abit like having a root canal but i know i needed something to go with my walking so first i bought a recumbant excersise bike and then got the bodylastics bands and started working out with them every morning with their dvd. Ok, so i admit it, i kind of enjoy it and it does get me moving in the morning and i am awake when i get to work. While my knees are much better i still can not do the full squats or any lunges - just too much pain - but everything else is going fine. I wish i could share the look on my dh's face the first morning when he saw me doing this- i am sure he then went looking for flying pigs.......

I just purchased this DVD as well. . . I think it is great. It has different paces throughout the walk, but the host is always telling you that if need to lessen the intensity, just go a little slower. I have done the one and two mile portion, and it is difinitely still a workout.

I just bought a dvd at Walmart yesterday. Its a dumbell, weight training workout. I will do it later today. I have a treadmill so I have been walking for 1/2 hour every other day (I need to make that daily) and keep increasing the speed and the incline level. I think I need to increase muscle mass as well. Its important not to lose muscle, esp for us women.! I love a toned look on a woman, not skinny!

I just bought a dvd at Walmart yesterday. Its a dumbell, weight training workout. I will do it later today. I have a treadmill so I have been walking for 1/2 hour every other day (I need to make that daily) and keep increasing the speed and the incline level. I think I need to increase muscle mass as well. Its important not to lose muscle, esp for us women.! I love a toned look on a woman, not skinny!

If you are really new to exercise and/or have a lot of weight to lose (and I guess even for everyone - lol) I like Richard Simmons tapes. He is corny as hell but he has been in our shoes and I'm sure works hard every day to stay in shape. His videos always have people of all sizes and he is so motivating - try em. Some tapes I also like but they are much harder are tapes by the FIRM. They always have a beginner instructor for folks starting out so they are easy to follow but you will get a workout. They are also good cuz as you get fitter you can follow the more advanced instructors doing the workout.

My sister gave me a dvd called '' Walk off the pounds" with Leslie someone.

In my opinion this is the best workout DVD out there today. I love it!

I had the walk away the pounds - I liked it. I let my sister in law use it and it has never made it's way back. I have a treadmill also - right now it is a clothes catcher/hanger - hopefully it will be cleared off and used.

Hi All, Hey Veronica I like your name, that is also my mother's name. Yes I really like Walk away the pounds.

Nobody should knock Richard Simmons because he has done so much for people struggling with their weight. If he was British the queen would have knighted him by now. Sir Dick!!!! lol!!!

Feel the burn girls!:biggrin1:

Susannah

Susannah: Thanks for the complement.

Walk away the pounds is a great starter workout. I really did like it. It also gave you a visual at the bottom to show you how long you had worked out. If I had to choose - Walk a way the pounds would be my first.

I am also doing walking away the pounds. Leslie is the instructor and I like her. Sometimes I want to smack her.lol. Most of the time I really like her positive information. She is really happy and says walk alot. I love these workouts so much. I started with the one mile and am up to the 3mile with weights. The whole time I keep saying your down one, two now three. yeaaaa!!! I finished.lol. I am so sweaty afterwards and really feel like I did a good thing when I am done. I do some situps, leglifts,the plank, squats and arm exersices after her workout. Then I fall over and drink tons of Water. In fact most of my water in take is during and after the workout. I am not a person that loves to workout. I have to say i truely enjoy this workout. It goes by fast and you don't get bored with it. I was excited to tell you guys about it but you guys seem to know already.