Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I am now 5 days post op and think im losing some. I am trying to.stay away from the scales. I am scared when I go to,puree or solid foods. I will gain the weight back. Is this ever happened to anybody.

I totally understand your fear. I have the same fear. I have only been on Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes since April 17th. I have lost and I do get on the scales every morning. I don't know why. It doesn't make sense that my weight would go up having nothing but Protein shakes and clear liqids, but I do none the less. We need to stay in touch.

I think as long as you stick to your diet you shouldn't gain weight & once a week getting on the scale is good not daily. Don't get obese. We didn't gain weight over night so we won't lose it over night.

Sadly I've stuck to the diet.....getting very discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in over a month I did loose for the last 2 weeks but I got a new scale and it's back up to 191 so I don't know what to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Obsess not obese.

Are you exercising along with the healthy eating?

Yes I exercise 5 days a week!

I want to have a cute body & still kept my butt LMFAO

I will also excercise 7 days a week then cut down to twice. I'm afraid if saggy skin.

Don't worry about the sagging skin, no matter what that will happen... I had my gastric march 2011 and in feb 2012 my dr approved my Tummy Tuck. With in a yr I lost over 160lbs...things will be fine

Hi. I am now 5 days post op and think im losing some. I am trying to.stay away from the scales. I am scared when I go to,puree or solid foods. I will gain the weight back. Is this ever happened to anybody.

I think everyone can relate to your fear but like most fears it is based more on emotion than fact. Tens of thousands of folks have had this life-changing procedure and the majority have had unparallelled success. Do everything that you can to follow your doctors instructions to the letter and you'll do just great! When all is said and done, your confidence and the elimination of your fears is going to come from results. Congratulations and welcome to the big losers club - you're gonna love the new you!!

I can completely agree that this is Allan emotional game..post op it took me about six months to realize I had a problem...everyone around me kept telling me how great I looked.. Going into surgery I was squeezing into a size 26...but six months later I was a 16...I could never see a difference..I finally decided one day I needed to start therapy.. I worked on my eating disorders as well as my self image problems.i know this is going to be a long process..it took me a long time to get to the point were I was..each day I tell myself that I have gone so far and I deserve to be happy... Ha I guess when you look at all the facts...especially the ones they grill into you before your surgery takes place such as 80 percent of the people that have a spouse or campanion that go through the surgery with you ends up failing.. That's why this surgery is so important for the self..because you need to really evaluate whether or not you can answer some of the hardest questions of your life...and maybe do it alone

Don't worry about the sagging skin' date=' no matter what that will happen... I had my gastric march 2011 and in feb 2012 my dr approved my Tummy Tuck. With in a yr I lost over 160lbs...things will be fine[/quote']

I have a friend that went from 300 lbs down to 140 with very minimal sagging skin. She hasn't had any other surgery and wears 2 piece bathing suits. She is 3 years post op. Genetics has a lot to do with sagging skin. Also the rate of speed at which you lose. Hitting the weights helps which is what she did and she eats fish regularly which is known for tightening skin. So there is still hope that you won't need a second surgery. I myself plan on positive thinking: )

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Sadly I've stuck to the diet.....getting very discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in over a month I did loose for the last 2 weeks but I got a new scale and it's back up to 191 so I don't know what to do!!

Hey vamp have someone who knows their weight step on your scale to see if its accurate. Or go to a mall or drug store where they have those professional scales that cost like a quarter then go home and weigh yourself on your scale to see the difference. Also are you having proper bowel movements and drinking all of your Water? Even when your just mildly dehydrated you'll retain fluids. Working out you're probably sweating a lot so you have to drink your Water.< /p>

Also some of the crystal light flavors are high in sodium which will make you retain water as well. I in addition to Protein & sugar content I watch the sodium content because my joints a prone to swelling. I hope some of this helps. Don't get discouraged. Oh yeah , Prayer changes things!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Don't worry about the sagging skin' date=' no matter what that will happen... I had my gastric march 2011 and in feb 2012 my dr approved my Tummy Tuck. With in a yr I lost over 160lbs...things will be fine[/quote']

I hope I will be ok. I'm willing to get all fix up but I think it would take 3 years. I'm not rich Lolz unless someone is gonna accept monthly payments.