Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Of Food Sitting In Throat?

Not at all and with me having an ulcer as well they said if it perferates (ruptures) I can die! Wtf......I just wanna go back to the way it was.....

Wow....so sorry to hear that. That's awful!

so sorry your both going through this. Have they given you any solutions or let you know they can try other things?

All they can do is to Just keep doing the dialation procedures. I just saw my dr and they are letting me go home today. He said my esophohas was so narrow they couldn't even get the endoscope down. They had to really dilate me and they did a brushing to get rid of some scar tissue. I was actually able to swallow solid food last night for the first time since my surgery. I just hope it lasts this time. I will have the procedure again in three weeks.

Prayers for the both of y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

This is scaring the heck outta me! One of the reasons I'm doing bypass is because I can't handle that feeling of being stuck with my lapband.

I'm praying for you too let us know

I don't feel it in my throat more like a little lower. Then I get hiccups for a few minutes. In my case I'm thinking I'm not eating slow enough but as this is new for me that takes practice. Glad we are all in it together :)

Onyx

I've been feeling food stuck in my throat and lower and during the last endoscopy dialation they said I had a stricture in multiple places....so if this feeling happens every time you eat or even drink than you may need to let your dr know. Hiccups and that feeling. Food being stuck are a huge sign of a stricture, don't want to scare you but I want you to be aware. Just keep an eye on it. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!