Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They wouldn't give the ok because they want to see the lifestyle changes! Emotionally being able to handle it is huge! And it's not easy going from what we normally eat not to practically nothing! Thats where the nutritionist comes in and the therapist. Its hard work!

if you dont seem ready to make the lifetime change they could say no. it happens unfortunately.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 218/ gw 140

I live in mass

im from mass! id love to help start a group here! :)

whereabouts? im from medford.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 215/ gw 140

i got the bypass a month ago today. i have lost 35lbs so far :) i got pneumonia which decided to stick around for a few weeks. but i dont regret it at all. i wish i did bypass to begin with but i was too big of a baby lol. do it. u wont regret it. and my incisions healed beautifully i sometimes forget i have them lol.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 219/ gw 140

Where did you did your by pass

natick. by dr randall. it was supposed to be in medford but he stopped doing surgeries there. great staff. i love my doctor :)

JenniferD - I had the lapband put in Feb 2006, had it revised Dec 2008 then ultimately removed after a really bad prolasp Jan 2010. The first year was wonderful, I lost over 80 pounds and kept it off for about 6 months until the first slip happened. I had it revised and the doc put in a bigger band and after that it was a few years of heck for me. fills, unfills, fills and then unfill. Many, many nights of not being able to sleep because the reflux was so bad that I'd wake up feeling like I was drowning. Still, if it had stayed for me like the first year I would have kept going. Not everyone has slips but, unfortnately a high percentage do end up with issues such as reflux and weight gain again. The bad foods go through the band better than healthy so when you're suffering with all of I mentioned you eat those things to get something down. What I didn't know was that 90% of folks who have had a revision of the lapband to another band or to correct that band end up with it being removed. Had I known i wouldn't have bothered with the revision. Now...that's just my story and many many folks love their bands. One of my best friends still does well with hers, doesn't feel sick etc but, she'll be the first to admit she eats around it and hasn't lost weight in a while. I did the band because I was afraid of the re-routing of organs etc that bypass has to go through but, now for me.....rny is the what I need to do. Alot has changed since 2006 and it's become even safer so I'm more comfortable with it. I've had many friends do very very well with it. I"ve done lots of research and now am comfortable heading in that direction. I do wish you the best with your decision...definitely talk to all your docs about your situation. We're all different and just because some had issues with any of the bariatric choices doesn't mean you will :)

i was the same way...chose the band in 2009 cuz i was afraid of rny. now that i have done the conversion to rny i realize there was nothing to be afraid off. my incisions have healed beautifully. the only major complication i had was 2 extra hospital stays due to pneumonia. it left me with the "why me" mentality but im slowly getting better. 40lbs in one month is more than i hoped for. but id say rny deff takes more mental prep than lap band. its such a different experience. good luck with whatever you choose. both are tools and are as successful as u make them :)

I got my surgery date 6/6. Wahooo...nervous and happy at the same time. Pre-op is on Monday, 5/21.

I'm having it done at Tufts Medical Center in Boston with Dr. Abeles.

Anyone from the Taunton area in here?

Also wanted to ask ....how many have had their surgeries already and how many are on the way? Basically where are you in the process? :)

I got my surgery date 6/6. Wahooo...nervous and happy at the same time. Pre-op is on Monday' date=' 5/21.

I'm having it done at Tufts Medical Center in Boston with Dr. Abeles.

Anyone from the Taunton area in here?[/quote']

I'm from Westport :) I'm having it done by dr colacchio at tobey in wareham, I got the medical clearance I just need to finish my psych/nutri evals and the workshops.. How long do the work shops usually take?

We didn't have workshops with Tufts. I met with the therapist and nutritionist twice each but Tufts has something called an immersion day. We were there from 8am until 4pm and listened to the therapist, nutritionist, internist, office staff talk about the procedure, what we'll go through, what happens after and during your stay etc. Very informative. Everyones insurance puts requirements on the surgery too. Some insurances require a 6 month diet first etc. Lots of factors out there depending on where you have it done and what insurance you have. How many workshops do you have to go to?

Pretty sure it's once a week for 3 weeks.. Like a giant support group with other rny ppl too

congrats on the date!! im from medford which isnt too far. if u have any questions feel free to message me. ur having ur surgery on my 2 month anni lol.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 214/ gw 140