Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery March 21st 2012 and I am down 63 lbs. My goal is to lose 125 lbs but I'll be happy with 100! ;)...so at almost 4 months out I'm 1/2 way there. I started at 285 lbs. I'm 5'6". This too is also the best decision I've ever made. I am extremely grateful and truly humbled by the Lord's loving arms around me. From the day I went to the bariatric seminar till the day I had surgery took 3 months. Within 2 months I had a date. It went so smoothly and swiftly I knew that my prayers had been answered. I had been praying about my weight and one day I saw a commercial on TV so I called the #. I knew a couple of people who had it done and they looked great. I haven't had any complications:). I am just happy as pie :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Hello People!!!

My goal is to lose 130 lbs. So far, I've lost 36. I'm a little unhappy that I can no longer exercise until I get my calories up, so I need to eat more - imagine that. I never thought I would have people encouraging me to eat!!

Hi guys... I too have over 100 lbs to loose. Pats on the back to al of us who have lost.... I am 5'7" and had my surgery 02/21/12. My starting weight was 340 and I am now at 247.... So 93 lbs gone. Discouraging sometimes because the weight I am now is the weight some people are starting at.... But I'm fighting the good fight as you all are. I'm thankful everyday that I am on this journey...this is a great thread to start!!!

Hello People!!!

My goal is to lose 130 lbs. So far, I've lost 36. I'm a little unhappy that I can no longer exercise until I get my calories up, so I need to eat more - imagine that. I never thought I would have people encouraging me to eat!!

So why do you have to stop exercising?

I also have 100 pounds to lose. Surgery was June 7 and the weight is coming off really slowly now. I lost 11 pounds the week before surgery and then about 20 pounds the next two weeks and in the past 3 almost 4 weeks I have lost only 10 pounds. That seems so slow at this point after the surgery. I was led to believe that you lose the most the first two to three months and then it really slows down. So to say the least I am getting worried. If I have already slowed down so drastically how will I ever meet my goal of 145 to 150.

I was 261 a week before surgery and 250 on the day of surgery. Today I weigh 221. I keep gaining and a pound or two then stalling for a week and then losing 3 to 4 then gaining and the cycle keeps going. I exercise daily (30 min) and am working on eating 600 calories with the goal of 800. But it is almost impossible to get in the 600 as impossible for the 800. I know other people eat way less and exercise the same yet the pounds fall off, why is my body so stinking screwy? I know slow is better in some ways but mentally it is the hardest.

Oh well thanks for letting me vent.

Hi guys!!

I am joining now because I hav my date July 25 and I am ready to lose this weight. I am 270 and my doctor says I should be 120-130 pounds that a loss of 150 or 140 pounds. I can't wait to share my progress with you and see what happens. :)

Hi guys!!

I am joining now because I hav my date July 25 and I am ready to lose this weight. I am 270 and my doctor says I should be 120-130 pounds that a loss of 150 or 140 pounds. I can't wait to share my progress with you and see what happens. :)

Congrats. How tall r u? cuz the weight range for my height is 120-130. but i kno ill look sickly that skinny. Dont go crazy. My goal is 150

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 199/ gw 137

Yea i think 120 is a bit extreme. You want to look healthy not sick lol

So why do you have to stop exercising?

I also have 100 pounds to lose. Surgery was June 7 and the weight is coming off really slowly now. I lost 11 pounds the week before surgery and then about 20 pounds the next two weeks and in the past 3 almost 4 weeks I have lost only 10 pounds. That seems so slow at this point after the surgery. I was led to believe that you lose the most the first two to three months and then it really slows down. So to say the least I am getting worried. If I have already slowed down so drastically how will I ever meet my goal of 145 to 150.

I was 261 a week before surgery and 250 on the day of surgery. Today I weigh 221. I keep gaining and a pound or two then stalling for a week and then losing 3 to 4 then gaining and the cycle keeps going. I exercise daily (30 min) and am working on eating 600 calories with the goal of 800. But it is almost impossible to get in the 600 as impossible for the 800. I know other people eat way less and exercise the same yet the pounds fall off' date=' why is my body so stinking screwy? I know slow is better in some ways but mentally it is the hardest.

Oh well thanks for letting me vent.[/quote']

Nutritionist said I need to get to about 600 calories before I start exercising. Im having trouble eating and drinking and I don't want to windup back in the hospital.

I'm also looking to lose over 100 lbs. I know it will be a long journey, but life is so much longer than the time it will take to lose the weight. Surgery was last week and have already started mall walking but ready to start more exercise!

Yea i think 120 is a bit extreme. You want to look healthy not sick lol

Well everyone is different I will evaluate how I am feeling and looking and that that be my guide I'm not fixated on any number. Just trying to do my best and forget the rest. ;)

Pre 404lbs

Now 187lbs

Wow 217lbs gone

6'3"

I wanted to see how thin I could get, 174lbs was the thinnest.. All my family was more scared then when I was big. Now my heavy family members & friends treat me different in a bad way. Some relationships have died completely.

Pre 404lbs

Now 187lbs

Wow 217lbs gone

6'3"

I wanted to see how thin I could get' date=' 174lbs was the thinnest.. All my family was more scared then when I was big. Now my heavy family members & friends treat me different in a bad way. Some relationships have died completely.[/quote']

Sorry that some of those close to you have been less than supportive. But wow congrats on the major weight loss! What kind of exercises did you do?

Pre 404lbs

Now 187lbs

Wow 217lbs gone

6'3"

I wanted to see how thin I could get' date=' 174lbs was the thinnest.. All my family was more scared then when I was big. Now my heavy family members & friends treat me different in a bad way. Some relationships have died completely.[/quote']

That is awful news that you lost relationships. But great news on the weight loss. How long did it take you to get to this point? How do you know if it was your thinnest?

I had RNY 8/24/2010. It fell off fast for me due to being only on liquids for 120+ days. 28 days after surgery I had a bleed and had to be easy on my new tummy. Mine was the 1% nightmare situation but I wouldn't change a thing. It made me respect my new digestive track.Sadly I don't exercise but I do an extremely physical job.