Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass Surgery Progress Pictures

E9843D91-495D-43DA-87BA-AD36BA4F81FA.jpg picture in the left was me 2 days ago and picture on the right was about 2 years ago. I am close to 100 lbs down from when I first started this wls journey. I haven't worn my skates in almost two years and I can't believe how much I missed it and how different I look now from then. I'm still losing but I am down to my high school weight which for me was not seeable if I didn't have this surgery. I am only 3 months out and I can see myself getting to my goal weight before my year post op date. This is an amazing journey and I can't wait to keep moving towards my goal.

I had a gastric bypass in April. I'm down over 70lbs since surgery and I feel great. Tonight I went public about the surgery so I felt like I was coming out. I feel good about the progress. The comparison is crazy to see. Because you don't see it day to day.

rob before and after.jpg

Love progress pics...helps keep me inspired. Thx for sharing! Great job.

The Sunday before my Thursday, October 12, 2017 op: PICTURES from 8th October.

RW_BEFORE_WLS_8-10-17.thumb.JPEG.e8301c2b65016237b0fbf9b8aaf5829f.JPEG

This pic from Sunday night, December 17th ... 67 days post-op. Firstly in the same clothing ...

RW_67DAYS_AFTER_OP_PINK_17-12-17.thumb.JPEG.cbd77559be4865eb0bc322531e20e655.JPEG

And, also last night, in a two sizes smaller t-shirt and a 15cm (six inches) smaller waist pair of slacks ...

RW_67DAYS_AFTER_OP_BLUE_17-12-17.thumb.JPEG.14569192477ef589f04d061b5b109e71.JPEG

I'm not sure that they are flatteringly good but my wife says that there are clear differences.

Feel free to offer your 2 cents worth!

I had a gastric bypass in April. I'm down over 70lbs since surgery and I feel great. Tonight I went public about the surgery so I felt like I was coming out. I feel good about the progress. The comparison is crazy to see. Because you don't see it day to day.

59c8912aad585_robbeforeandafter.jpg.0ec9b14431e55900ed12118128049525.jpg

🤤wowsa

You were hot before too though.

The Sunday before my Thursday, October 12, 2017 op: PICTURES from 8th October.
RW_BEFORE_WLS_8-10-17.thumb.JPEG.e8301c2b65016237b0fbf9b8aaf5829f.JPEG

This pic from Sunday night, December 17th ... 67 days post-op. Firstly in the same clothing ...
RW_67DAYS_AFTER_OP_PINK_17-12-17.thumb.JPEG.cbd77559be4865eb0bc322531e20e655.JPEG

And, also last night, in a two sizes smaller t-shirt and a 15cm (six inches) smaller waist pair of slacks ...
RW_67DAYS_AFTER_OP_BLUE_17-12-17.thumb.JPEG.14569192477ef589f04d061b5b109e71.JPEG

I'm not sure that they are flatteringly good but my wife says that there are clear differences.
Feel free to offer your 2 cents worth!

There is a big difference Rainbow Warrier! That is a huge weight loss n such a short time. Well done and keep going!

5 minutes ago, PrayingForWeightLoss said:

There is a big difference Rainbow Warrier! That is a huge weight loss n such a short time. Well done and keep going!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I fail to see the differences that others glean from the photos.

I see my successes in the several NSVs I've mentioned elsewhere.

Only did the photos because my surgeon, my dietitian and my exercise therapist said to try a monthly or bi-monthly set of pics.

Thanks for the positive feedback.
I fail to see the differences that others glean from the photos.
I see my successes in the several NSVs I've mentioned elsewhere.
Only did the photos because my surgeon, my dietitian and my exercise therapist said to try a monthly or bi-monthly set of pics.

Totally understand what you mean. I have lost 50lbs from a sleeve weight of 233 lbs. I don't see the difference and sometimes I wonder if people's reactions to my weight loss are genuine. My brain hasn't caught up with my body. I have a picture or 2 from before months WLS but none after because I have hated getting pictures taken for so many years. When I gather the courage, I will do side by side pics and maybe I can see the loss. You, sir, are dong the right thing by photo documenting your progress.

In your pictures, anybody can look at them and easily see that you have lost a substantial amount of weight!

8 minutes ago, PrayingForWeightLoss said:

In your pictures, anybody can look at them and easily see that you have lost a substantial amount of weight!

I'm not disbelieving you ... my wife and family say the same thing.

My brain is in a "jet-lag"-like state of having a morbidly obese reflected image in the mirror for over 25 years.

I am now 4 years out lost 150 lbs but every morning I’m afraid I’ll find myself the way I wasIMG_3425.JPG IMG_3347.JPG

59c8912aad585_robbeforeandafter.jpg.0ec9b14431e55900ed12118128049525.jpg

New to this site. Hope I’m “replying correctly”
Just wanted to say that my husband and I are both just getting started with this process and he mentioned that he was worried about losing muscle mass. He’s always been kinda built/buff whatever you wanna call it. Lol. Anyway I googled it and stumbled across this picture of you and sent it to him. His response?
“I’m in”
Your photo made a difference. Thank you.
Congratulations on your success. You look wonderful!