Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On my way to revision from lap band to gastric bypass

I have done my cardiac testing for the revision from the lapband to the bypass. I called my primary doctor's office and had them to fax my results to my surgeon.now i am waiting on them to contact me and set up my consultation with my surgeon.I am still a self pay.yes i wasted 20k, yes I am very unhappy with the results.but I know that this is my life and I need to be happy with me, credit card ready, here i come.hopefully this will bring me joy in that this is a major step in redefining me ang being satisfied with me.

Goodluck, I had revision from band to bypass in Feb. I am 56,dont know your age. Recuperation was longer than I thought. But all has been worth it. I am a slow loser...53lbs right now. But I have been unable to exercise and I think that has made it slow. I am going to Curves now. I feel so much better. I should have done bypass in the 1st place. I am in Kansas.

Hello Cassie and 2bthinagn, It's good to see some posts. I hope you can join us more often. Not many write in here yet but, hopefully it will get jumpin soon. I'm in the process of revision from Lapband to Bypass. I've done all the steps that I needed to do now just waiting to hear from the bariatric group if they think I'm a good candidate and when I can meet the surgeon.

Welcome...I'm a revision like 2bthinagn and hopefully soon Losing :-) Hope to hear from you all soon...

hi today is my first day back at work. i am hitting the gym, with no problem.i have not weighed myself in over a week afraid to. but at 2 weeks out i had lost 23 pounds.i will see what is done at 2 months. i have an appointment with my medicine doctor on 11/23/11

hi today is my first day back at work. i am hitting the gym, with no problem.i have not weighed myself in over a week afraid to. but at 2 weeks out i had lost 23 pounds.i will see what is done at 2 months. i have an appointment with my medicine doctor on 11/23/11

Glad you're feeling well enough to get back to work. 23 pounds in 2 weeks. Wow. Impressive. Anxious to hear what your 2 month total is :D

To everone else.... Good luck to all who are still waiting for their surgery. Looks like we"ve all been on a long, roundabout way to get here.

Back for an update,,,,, After talking to Doc I contacted my Insurance co. They will pay for the band removal. But they have an wls exclusion meaning they wont pay for any further bariatric surgery. I'm just lost. I don't know what to do. Ideas for self pay? I mean my doc had wanted to do it all at once, take band out and do gastric in one surgery. But rny is an inpatient surgery and being self pay, thats not an option rite now. I can save forever, but be miserable the next few years until I can pay for it. I'm just so sad that at 35 years old I've lived like this for 20 years. Had lapband 4 years ago and am now in the same exact place I was then. Has anyone went to Mexico for removal of band and then RNY at the same time?

I live in ohio.

Back for an update,,,,, After talking to Doc I contacted my Insurance co. They will pay for the band removal. But they have an wls exclusion meaning they wont pay for any further bariatric surgery. I'm just lost. I don't know what to do. Ideas for self pay? I mean my doc had wanted to do it all at once, take band out and do gastric in one surgery. But rny is an inpatient surgery and being self pay, thats not an option rite now. I can save forever, but be miserable the next few years until I can pay for it. I'm just so sad that at 35 years old I've lived like this for 20 years. Had lapband 4 years ago and am now in the same exact place I was then. Has anyone went to Mexico for removal of band and then RNY at the same time?

I live in ohio.

Oh, man. I'm sorry. That just sucks. I don't have much in the way of advice, other than looking into a medical loan through CareCredit or one of those.

You might want to check out this company: http://www.beliteweight.com/index.php I contacted them when I was looking to have my eroded band removed and a rny done. I think their prices were pretty reasonable.

Good luck. I know how band it can be to lose your band.

I am in the process of getting banded, and was wondering what made you decide to go from band to RNY?

to answer Kadaroo.... for me it was lack of weight loss. I lost 50 lbs the first year after my band. in the three years since I've gained it all back. My experience with the band wasn't positive. Once I finally had restriction, it was too much and I vomited most things back up. I could only hold down sweets and was so damn stubborn I refused to have any of my fill taken out since it had taken soooo long to finally have restriction. But with time even with restriction, all the weight came back. I have a sweet tooth and was told I prolly wont have good results with lap band b/c of no dumping syndrome. After the first year or so you become hungry again, I have heard many people say the same happened to them. I just wish I would have went with RNY the first time so I wouldn't have to pay for it. I've decided to try to pull out my retirement to pay for my surgery. It makes me sad, but I wont live to retirement age if I don't do something soon.

Hi - Glad I jumped on here and read all your posts. I have not had the expected success with my lapband I thought I would. I too have a sweet tooth and get so tired of vomiting up other stuff. My nutritionalist & psychologists are now discussing revision surgery for me. I lost 30lbs on my presurgical diet starting at 230lbs, surgery day 6/29/11 I was 199lbs. I got down to 170lbs by 10/11 and have struggled with vomiting and weight gain ever since. I have gone back up to as much as 192lbs - which would really mean 7lbs post surgery. That is awful! I have not been able to get down past 185lbs. My asthma has improved but lately with the vomiting I feel like I either aspirate liquid into my lungs or am having acid reflux. I did have a hiatal hernia repair at banding. That was painful! I went with the band thinking it would be less evasive than a bypass and am now really confused and disappaointed not to mention severly depressed and on anitdrpressants and anti anxiety meds along with asthma maintance meds. I am usually not able to tolerate chicken, tofu & eggs leaving few interesting Proteins to choose from. I end up eating sweets cause they seem to stay down. I see my asthma doc on Wednesday and plan to discuss all this with him. I see my bariatric doc for my year post check up June 4. I am sorry you all are having problems to, it is helpful to know others are in similar situations though. Best wishes to you all on feeling better. I will keep in touch and am very interested in how you all are doing. Thank you for sharing.

I had problems with my lapband 2 years after the surgery. I am having my revision surgery 2 rny next Monday and I'm so scared

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I'm glad that you've all posted this information on here though. I'm looking into RNY but my mom has been trying to talk me into getting banded instead. I've heard the stories from both sides. I know I wouldn't do well with the band. I need the possibility of the dumping syndrome to scare me away from sugar and fats. Your posting your experience here helps those of us who haven't undergone surgery yet. Thank you