Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medical ID Bracelets

Very interesting! I asked my surgeon about getting a Medic Alert Bracelet (for all the reasons that have been mentioned here), and she laughed and told me that was a ridiculous idea. I'm glad to hear from others who have done it, and I think I will now do it as well. Thanks!

I have a couple since I am a T1 diabetic. Both are from Road ID. One is an actual Bracelet. The other is a square that goes on my apple watch band

I guess I missed this post. I bought a Bracelet right after I had the RNY. It says, " Bariatric Patient" "Gastric Bypass" "No Blind Ng Tube" "No NSAIDs". Bought it on evilBay. I want to say I bought it for $5. Its been 3 years so I don't remember how much I paid for it.

Hmm. Never even thought about that. i'll see what my team says and then decide. Great topic!

I ended up getting one from Lauren's Hope and use the same tag for different bracelets. Since I do some long distance training for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day, I wanted something just in case. I was able to put my name, RNY bypass with the date, Asthma, No blind NG tube, No NSAIDs, my husband's name & phone number and my doctor's phone number.

Ha--one of these days we'll get RFID chips like they put in our dogs that have all this info on it and they'll scan you when you get to the ER and know EVERYTHING about you including your insurance info and credit score...

Start making your aluminum foil hats people--it's coming!😁

Seriously, a med alert Bracelet isn't a bad idea and there are certainly some pretty ones out there.

With my luck- my cut-rate one will be in a foreign language- and the doctors at my Community Hospital are only Semi- literate in the 1st place.

On 10/22/2019 at 13:47, SueSaBelle said:

I ended up getting one from Lauren's Hope and use the same tag for different bracelets. Since I do some long distance training for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day, I wanted something just in case. I was able to put my name, RNY bypass with the date, Asthma, No blind NG tube, No NSAIDs, my husband's name & phone number and my doctor's phone number.

I have a Lauren’s hope as well. Looks like an Hermès bracelet! Inside says RNY, no NSAID, no bling NG tube and bipolar. Don’t always wear it though

Well maybe would have to say Mild Autism instead of bipolar, only have the depression side of it. Someone asked once if I was bipolar, started worrying that maybe I was and no one wanted ME to know it, turned out it was a line on her Bariatric SURGERY checklist, I constantly have to run through the Deporession one because Medicare mandated it, almost have the staff broke of asking, told the one nurse( who has my warped sense of humor too) I'm thinking of becoming a Homicidal manic, going to start with Nosy Parker medical staff and GOD can sort them into the appropriate piles- she giggled and I believe she'll stop asking soon. Besides my blue funk was because nobody wanted to do my RNY, took me 3 years 1 month of searching and begging, but joyfully my Dr Needleman was not an Surgical Wuss, be 14 months on Tuesday and even with my Rocky at times recovery I NEVER would want to return to pre- SURGERY, I was a Sad puppy- person then, ready to stop living, just waiting for the Death Angel to claim ME as his own- and now with hard hard work I AM ONE-HALF the SIZE I was then and Never will anybody will take that away!

I just have it set on my iPhone screen when it’s off and someone tries to turn it on, I don’t think “No Blind NG, No NSAIDS,” warrants a Bracelet in my case.

I thank everyone for sharing this site for the medical bracelets. I've never heard of these bracelets before and think this is a great idea. The site has great choices and good information. I just ordered mine, YEAH!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I bought my mom a necklace version because she doesn't wear bracelets and she wears it every day. I used "americanmedicalid.com." they have all different kinds and very well made for a great price. I will be getting one after my surgery as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app