Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

w/pics Hello Onederland, my 1st half marathon & motivation for you

at my highest weight i weighed 323 pounds, that was back in 2004. before i started my sleeve journey i weighed 292 lbs in jan of this year. I was sleeved about 8.5 months ago on march 19. 4 weeks ago I entered Onederland weighing in at 199. today I weigh 192. after training for months, I ran my first 13.1 mile half marathon yesterday. I did it in 2 hours 15 minutes 10 seconds, which comes out to a 10 minute 18 second per mile average or 5.84 mph. getting the sleeve has saved my life. but I can honestly say that its the life style changes ive made, such as eating right and exercising that has truly enabled me to get down to the 192 I am today. when I eat, I can comfortably hold about 8 oz of food. that seems like a lot, but if I make the right choices of what im eating, then eating 8 oz is fine. I never thought I would be where im at today after being around 300 lbs for the last 20 years of my life. if I can do it, you can too. I used to read success stories in this forum and only dream that one day it could be me too. i doubted myself and said good things like these success stories just don't happen to people like me - i was wrong, it can and does happen to anyone who is willing to make the necessary changes in their life. so if youre the way i used to be and youre overweight and you think you cannot be a success story, know that you can if you really want it and youre willing to do the work. its never too late and yes, you too can be a success story. just remember it doesn't happen overnight, but its a fight worth taking on. good luck to each and everyone of you.

post-2794-13838396050524_thumb.jpg

post-2794-13838396050836_thumb.jpg

post-2794-13838396051145_thumb.jpg

post-2794-13838396051409_thumb.jpg

post-2794-13838396051715_thumb.jpg

post-2794-13838396051958_thumb.jpg

at my highest weight i weighed 323 pounds, that was back in 2004. before i started my sleeve journey i weighed 292 lbs in jan of this year. I was sleeved about 8.5 months ago on march 19. 4 weeks ago I entered Onederland weighing in at 199. today I weigh 192. after training for months, I ran my first 13.1 mile half marathon yesterday. I did it in 2 hours 15 minutes 10 seconds, which comes out to a 10 minute 18 second per mile average or 5.84 mph. getting the sleeve has saved my life. but I can honestly say that its the life style changes ive made, such as eating right and exercising that has truly enabled me to get down to the 192 I am today. when I eat, I can comfortably hold about 8 oz of food. that seems like a lot, but if I make the right choices of what im eating, then eating 8 oz is fine. I never thought I would be where im at today after being around 300 lbs for the last 20 years of my life. if I can do it, you can too. I used to read success stories in this forum and only dream that one day it could be me too. i doubted myself and said good things like these success stories just don't happen to people like me - i was wrong, it can and does happen to anyone who is willing to make the necessary changes in their life. so if youre the way i used to be and youre overweight and you think you cannot be a success story, know that you can if you really want it and youre willing to do the work. its never too late and yes, you too can be a success story. just remember it doesn't happen overnight, but its a fight worth taking on. good luck to each and everyone of you.post-2794-13813670638482_thumb.jpg post-2794-13813670638777_thumb.jpg post-2794-13813670639826_thumb.jpg post-2794-13813670639068_thumb.jpg post-2794-13813670639319_thumb.jpg post-2794-13813670639613_thumb.jpg

Very inspirational! Look at you! You are the picture of health and success, thank you for sharing your story :)

Very inspirational! Look at you! You are the picture of health and success, thank you for sharing your story :)

Great job on your journey and accomplishments!

Incredible pics!!

Great job on your journey and accomplishments!

Incredible pics!!

So inspiring! God bless! You look great!

So inspiring! God bless! You look great!

Truly inspiring!

Thanks so much for sharing

Truly inspiring!

Thanks so much for sharing

Great inspiration I'm down eighty pounds but still have over a hundred and thirty to go. Starting to feel a little fearful that I've gone as far as I can go. Stalls can be debilitating. Your message and pics gave me a lift , reminding me to just keep moving forward. Thanks and continued good health to you.

Great inspiration I'm down eighty pounds but still have over a hundred and thirty to go. Starting to feel a little fearful that I've gone as far as I can go. Stalls can be debilitating. Your message and pics gave me a lift , reminding me to just keep moving forward. Thanks and continued good health to you.

Very inspiring! Esp the half marathon. Congrats!

Very inspiring! Esp the half marathon. Congrats!

You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!