Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out and only 16 lbs lost. Totally regretting this surgery.

Was sleeved 4 weeks ago and I lost weight 11 lbs the first week and 5 lbs the next and then nothing for two. I don't go over 800 calories and 220 is from Protein Shake. My Nut and doctor say I must have a slow metabolism and have to workout extra hard. I'm totally regretting this. If I have to workout 3 hours a day to lose 1lb. Then this was pointless I mutilated myself for nothing. This was supposed to help I know it's not magic but I'm extremely frustrated.

I'm so sorry :(. What's your starting weight? I am hoping not to join you.....I haven't lost anything in over a week. Everything I read on here says you can stall at 3 weeks and it can last 3 weeks. Good luck, and your not alone. I hope it improves for you

I am so sorry that you feel frustrated. That said this is common. Stalls happen, and they often happen about "now". You also might have some 'buyer's remorse', we EACH have strange heads!

But there are no take-backs here, so Press Forward and know that the weight WILL be coming off if you keep with your program!

I'm sorry you are frustrated but I find it ridiculous that they are assuming you have a slow metabolism and need to work out more. At 4 weeks I was around a 19# loss, and most of it came off in the first 6 days. I only lost 1.5-3# my 3rd and 4th week. Things slow down during this time. I'm now 5.5 weeks out and this past 7-10 days I'm down like 5#. How much Protein are you getting? I take in 900-1000 calories a day 70+ grams of protein (no Protein Shakes at all) I'm getting some sort of exercise burning 250+ calories 5x a week (started at week 4) I'm not perfect by any means. I don't think you need to go to the gym 3 hours a day, you just need consistency and time. Stay off the scale (I weigh every Monday) start with Proteins to to veggies if needed, avoid sliders and drink lots of fluids. Get activity, but don't go crazy and overboard. Do measurements, embrace your losses, no matter how tiny. Your body will catch up. A week or two ago I was sure I was the slowest loser ever, but it's moving again and more importantly... I feel better than I have in years!

We all lose in different intervals. I don't think you should/need to feel discouraged. In months you will forget that this and it won't seem like a big deal. I haven't lost a pound in a week. It happens. Perk up buttercup :) You didn't gain it all overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight.

You sound just like me. I lost 22lbs immediately after surgery, then nothing for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS!!! I was ready to throw in the towel! But then, I literally dropped 4lbs over night! I'm now 3 months out and 67lbs down! You WILL lose! Just be patient! This is a marathon, not a sprint!

I agree with JessicaAnn. Be patient. Don't work out for 3 hours a day. I don't think that's healthy. Just workout normal, get your Protein in and don't focus on the scale. Focus on healthy. Start those healthy eating habits now. Some propel lose weight right away the first months and others steadily lose and others stall and lose stall and lose....we all lose differently :)

Hang in there! :)

16 lbs in a month is great in my book!!

Don't compare yourself to others.

Stick with your plan.

Your stomach is still healing.

You will feel much different as more lbs vanish,

Good luck with your journey!

Was sleeved 4 weeks ago and I lost weight 11 lbs the first week and 5 lbs the next and then nothing for two. I don't go over 800 calories and 220 is from Protein shake. My Nut and doctor say I must have a slow metabolism and have to workout extra hard. I'm totally regretting this. If I have to workout 3 hours a day to lose 1lb. Then this was pointless I mutilated myself for nothing. This was supposed to help I know it's not magic but I'm extremely frustrated.

Don't give up! I am 3wk out and down 16lb just from surgery but lost nothing week two. I have never lost 16lb in one month. I'll take slow and steady if that's what it takes to get it off.

I stalled at three weeks and was frustrated. My surgeons office reviewed my caloric intake and workout schedule and insisted I reduce my workout and increase my calories to 900. I now do cardio at the gym for 50 minutes 2-3 times a week and walk a mile or two on the other days but I are at least one day a week off completely!!! I increased my calories to 900 and BOOM, the weight started to come off. Apparently I ad put my body into starvation mode.

Congratulations on the weight taken off! That's a big step in a great direction.

I agree with everything in the thread but I think one main point is missing.

On another note, don't look at exercise as a punishment. Think of it as building yourself up. I know it's very hard to get that mentality, but to achieve the success you want long term, you have to retrain yourself into working out. And perhaps "harder" for you is starting HIIT training instead of just walking, or something else.

Congratulations on the loss, and keep on fighting on. :)

16 lbs in a month is great in my book!!

Don't compare yourself to others.

Stick with your plan.

Your stomach is still healing.

You will feel much different as more lbs vanish,

Good luck with your journey!

Me too. I think 16 lbs in 4 weeks (which is what counts, not the week to week totals) is great. I'm 13 weeks and have lost 19 lbs. I know I'm losing slower cuz I started lower (174 - was a band revision) but it's getting ridiculous. I could speed it up, I spose, by watching every morsel I put in my mouth. But its why I got wls in the first place - so I didn't have to watch every single thing I put in my mouth.

So I say stick with it. Ur bound to see results soon. Yes, 3-6 weeks is notorious for a stall.

Again, I say WOW. Ur doing amazingly!! Keep it up...

Was sleeved 4 weeks ago and I lost weight 11 lbs the first week and 5 lbs the next and then nothing for two. I don't go over 800 calories and 220 is from Protein shake. My Nut and doctor say I must have a slow metabolism and have to workout extra hard. I'm totally regretting this. If I have to workout 3 hours a day to lose 1lb. Then this was pointless I mutilated myself for nothing. This was supposed to help I know it's not magic but I'm extremely frustrated.

This sounds like how I was in the beginning and i remember how mad I was and regretted it. I'm now about 5-1/2 months out and down 53# from surgery date. I am probably considered a slow loser in the weight loss community. My surgery day weight was 219#. I'm a stairstep loser and you might be too. Hang in there! It took me about 4-1/2 months to finally have no regrets.

Macy6 you are so encouraging! I needed to hear from someone that knows. Will you tell me what types of Protein you eat daily to reach your 70-80g? Thanks.

Arts, you are so encouraging. We, the frustrated "stallers," need you. BTW I'd like to have a word with that Nut who told that poor girl she might have a slow metabolism. That's an added weight she doesn't need. Hang in there girl. Take one day at a time. No presuppositions.