Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swear they left my hunger hormone in there....I'm 5 weeks post op and I'm on regular food....I eat my Breakfast and I swear I'm hungry 2 hrs later....I eat a laughing cow and I'm ready to eat again in an hr and so on.....but I know hunger and I know acid.....is it all in my head??! I'm staying between 600 and 700 calories and getting in 60 to 70 gms protein....anyone else feel this way??

I get hungry at mealtimes which in my case is 3-4 hours after I eat about 2 oz of solid Protein. Been that way from the get go. But after I eat my next two oz, I'm good to go for a while. I too consume about 600-700 calories and try to get at least 70 of Protein.

We're part of the half whose hunger didn't go away I think.

I'm there with y'all...I thought I would not be hungry anymore...that's def not true. Only thing is...I am making better good choices and can't eat 1/4 of what I did before

This is true....thank the sleeve for that much....I found a good recipe on Pinterest for all kind of different flavor roasted chick peas....before it was a bag of lays lol

I find that I am hungry too. Its like an empty feeling. I seem to go from empty to full, I wish I could find a way of staying at content. right in between but I guess with the small stomach now, that's harder to reach.

Laughing cow cheese doesn't have enough Protein in it to make you feel full. You might need to find foods or shakes that are more dense with a substantial amount of protein.

You know, I'm feeling like I'm part of that hungry club myself. It's seven weeks post-op for me and I find myself a little hungry too. Still, it's hard to eat more than 4ozs which I find good. Somethings, like grits I think I do more than 4ozs, maybe 4 1/2 ozs with a piece of sausage and a piece of cheese. But I won't eat anything else until lunch and I try to get at least 40ozs of Water. I use to kill Water pre-op, now it's forceful. Still I wanna try fitting Snacks in between my meals but how do you eat a snack for 30mins when it's a minimal meal?

I do find myself craving for a burger which was my ultimate weakness. And I seem to be able to tolerate bread, toasted of course. My Protein shake is 25mg but it's 14ozs. It seems to take forever just to get that down. My stomach seems to be doing a good job of not waking down fast food lane, but still my mind is tripping, skipping and wondering about fast food lane, lol

It's a bit of a struggle, one I didn't think I was going to have to struggle with after this surgery and all...

Thoughts fellow sleevers....

weight.png

About 50% were NOT lucky enuf to lose their hunger. I lasted 10 days before mine reappeared. And I too know the difference between acid and hunger. Its truly hunger.

I can only eat a few bites at a meal so the same meal will last me 1/2 the day. At 13 wks I'm sposed to be eating only 3 meals a day, no Snacks. I worked out the calories that I actually eat and including a Protein shake (which I rarely drink anymore) it comes to a little over 400.

So I eat when I'm hungry. I ate breakfast at 9 am and was hungry again at noon. My husband says "ur always hungry" or "ur hungry AGAIN?" Why yes, yes I am.

Now pass the fries...(just kiddin. Seeing if anyone is paying attention)

I'm another one who gets hungry. I remember telling my nutritionist before surgery when I would get hungry on the high protein-low carb diet that at least after surgery I won't be so hungry. She did seem to agree. I do get as hungry, but it sure takes a lot less to stop the hunger & that little lasts a lot longer. The hunger also isn't the pains that it was pre-op. Now it's more of a empty grumble.

It's so nice when other people understand what you mean....I try to explain to the boyfriend what it feels like when I'm hungry and he looks at me like I have 3 heads

I believe its making me sick as well I get a teaspoon down and then I feel like its go come back up. What did you do?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VST