Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A lot of people are talking about the 5 day pouch test to get back on track. I personally think that is a bad idea.

There is no reason to be hungry and miserable like you would be on the first 2 days of the 5 day pouch diet which consists of going back to liquids, I believe for 2 days.

This is the diet I use when I need to get back on track after a bad day ,or weekend, or vacation:

BOOTCAMP:

For 5 STRICT DAYS I will eat only:

Proteins: Seafoods, Poultry and eggs, Dairies, nuts/seeds, including a small amount of Peanut Butter.

Veggies: Green only. salad with vinegar and oil dressing

Fruits: None. fruit juice none

Breads/Cereals/ Rice/ Noodles/ Pasta/ Other Carbs: None.

Fluids: between 64 to 128 oz of Water (not coffee)

Protein drinks (RTD or Powder).

Avoid: Sugar and Sodium

You will lose weight after 5 days and the carb cravings should be gone , unless you mangaged to eat some carbs during this time

It is my hope people will try this who are even thinking of the 5 day pouch test.

Most people say they gain back whatever they lose on the pouch test as soon as they're eating normal food.< /p>

It is my hope people will try this who are even thinking of the 5 day pouch test.

Most people say they gain back whatever they lose on the pouch test as soon as they're eating normal food.< /p>

Thanks for putting this up there OD. Was this back from when LilMissDiva posted it?

I totally agree about the 5DPT, done it lost it, gained it back. But I have also seen where it can jump start someone back on the right road, so I'm not going to tell people not to do it. There are so many things that work for so many different people.

This is an awesome place to post this though, as it is GREAT advice!

Thanks for putting this up there OD. Was this back from when LilMissDiva posted it?

I totally agree about the 5DPT, done it lost it, gained it back. But I have also seen where it can jump start someone back on the right road, so I'm not going to tell people not to do it. There are so many things that work for so many different people.

This is an awesome place to post this though, as it is GREAT advice!

Yes, Diva originally posted it and I think it's perfect advice to follow it if a person can do it. It's pretty strict but it produces results and gets rid of carb cravings.

It's pretty much the induction phase of the Atkins diet.

It will do the exact same thing the 5 day pouch test will do.

I'm doing this, except it is not for 5 days, and it is in the form of 5:2 and also is for reasons not having anything to do with weight loss. But not the Peanut Butter, can't eat that, too much saturated fat.

What type of Protein Shakes do you guys use?

I use Sytrax matrix it comes in several yummy flavors. chocolate, and orange cream are my favorite.

Just bumping this up because I think it's important information!

Maybe when things calm down around here, Alex/Susan can sticky/pin this for us?

(I thought it was pinned somewhere but that was back in the days of Tiffykins and LilMissDiva and Diva was the one who posted it. I checked over in food/nutrition/etc. and didn't see it there either.)

I am trying this Daisy, I've gone seriously off the rails recently. My Dad died and wine and chocolate have become staple foods for the last 2 months I'm ashamed to say. I need a kick in the rear and hope this will help me get back on track.

I am trying this Daisy, I've gone seriously off the rails recently. My Dad died and wine and chocolate have become staple foods for the last 2 months I'm ashamed to say. I need a kick in the rear and hope this will help me get back on track.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What you need is a big hug. Be good to yourself.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What you need is a big hug. Be good to yourself.

Thanks mistysj - I definitely need more of those in place of "food hugs" xoxo

Remember with this diet, you can have any green veggie, not just salad veggies. That does not include corn. We're going for low carb here. Cauliflower is allowed as well.

If anyone wants more variety, google the induction diet of Atkins and see if it differs.