Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its almost winter!

And this is the time of year I did my "best" eating

In the past...

I think I may have been a bear in a past life,

Trying to fatten up to slumber through the cold months :P

The last couple of days I'm feeling the chill, having a harder time taking in my 70 oz of freezing cold liquids.. I'm a creature of comfort and got used to my cold cold drinks everyday and my almost frozen Greek yogurt frozen blueberry combo.

With the chill my mind wants to snuggle up to something warm and comforting.

I have a feeling that I'm not alone on the old patterns of putting on the weight over winter?

How do you get through the weather transitions?

I would love to know as I sit here with my warm mug of tea...

Do you find the cravings any stronger this time of year? It's like an instinctual thing to pack in the food for me...

My problem in the winter is that I get depressed. I hate winter here in WI. I can't stand snow, the cold I can handle, but the snow just isn't for me. I don't enjoy any snow sports. So I have a problem staying as active in the winter as I am the rest of the year. The food isn't as much of an issue for me, although I do love to cook those warm, wintery dishes.

For me it's a battle to just keep going in the winter...to get out of bed and to keep moving.

Healthy Protein packed Soups and stews. There was a lady in here I think that had the best soup/chowder/stew recipes.

You can make big batches and freeze them. Great to take for lunch.

I lived on pureed Soups during those first couple months.

Healthy Protein packed Soups and stews. There was a lady in here I think that had the best soup/chowder/stew recipes.

You can make big batches and freeze them. Great to take for lunch.

I lived on pureed soups during those first couple months.

See I'm at a loss... This isn't my first winter, but truthfully last winter I was still healing. So much easier.

I got really used to my routine over the summer and changes scare me (if its not broke don't fix it)

Today is a fast day for me so I'll have to change up my extra cold yogurt for something that is warm and won't blow my calories for the day.

It's more of the feeling of wanting to burrow and eat that I think I'm dealing with.

Perhaps in the past I felt I could cover up and hide the extra food...

My problem in the winter is that I get depressed. I hate winter here in WI. I can't stand snow' date=' the cold I can handle, but the snow just isn't for me. I don't enjoy any snow sports. So I have a problem staying as active in the winter as I am the rest of the year. The food isn't as much of an issue for me, although I do love to cook those warm, wintery dishes.

For me it's a battle to just keep going in the winter...to get out of bed and to keep moving.[/quote']

Yep depression rears its ugly head for me in the colder months...

Yes I know I live in California and its not bad. Lol today is going to be in the mid 70's :P

But it's the slowing down of things..

I live in So Cal too, but there is a definite change in the air. It's not just the temperature -- it's the length of the day. When you walk into work and it's dark and you walk out and it's dark ...

Okay, so it's not Siberia, but still.

Hey, my chickens feel it. They've stopped laying.

My problem in the winter is that I get depressed. I hate winter here in WI. I can't stand snow, the cold I can handle, but the snow just isn't for me. I don't enjoy any snow sports. So I have a problem staying as active in the winter as I am the rest of the year. The food isn't as much of an issue for me, although I do love to cook those warm, wintery dishes.

For me it's a battle to just keep going in the winter...to get out of bed and to keep moving.

I know this sounds crazy, but look in the garden dept for light bulbs that mimic sunshine. They do help. When we lived in Chicago I suffered from seasonal affective mood disorder too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder and that was one of the few things that helped me feel like myself again.

And this is the time of year I did my "best" eating In the past... I think I may have been a bear in a past life' date=' Trying to fatten up to slumber through the cold months :P The last couple of days I'm feeling the chill, having a harder time taking in my 70 oz of freezing cold liquids.. I'm a creature of comfort and got used to my cold cold drinks everyday and my almost frozen Greek yogurt frozen blueberry combo. With the chill my mind wants to snuggle up to something warm and comforting. I have a feeling that I'm not alone on the old patterns of putting on the weight over winter? How do you get through the weather transitions? I would love to know as I sit here with my warm mug of tea...[/quote']

I'm a hibernator too! That's when I ate my donut bags! Curled up on the couch with the wood burning in the fireplace. Wrapped up in a snuggly! Ha!

Yep, chili, Fritos, s'mores: it all spells cold weather to me! LOL.

I don't drink many Hot Drinks unless snowing or iced in then hot cocoa. I didn't do so hot last Fall/Winter (hence 5:2) so we need to figure out some new "go to's", Girlfriend!!!

I'm a hibernator too! That's when I ate my donut bags! Curled up on the couch with the wood burning in the fireplace. Wrapped up in a snuggly! Ha!

Yep, chili, Fritos, s'mores: it all spells cold weather to me! LOL.

I don't drink many Hot drinks unless snowing or iced in then hot cocoa. I didn't do so hot last Fall/Winter (hence 5:2) so we need to figure out some new "go to's", Girlfriend!!!

Lol! See that's what I'm taking about :P

Yes we need to figure this out...

I'm so stumped I've only had a little turkey meat today... And way too much tea blech

Being situated in the far north of the UK, it is already very dark and very gloomy, with little sunshine or warmth. Subsequently, I have an electric blanket that I don't put on my bed - I sit on it and wrap it around, so it warms me all over. food wise, in winter I tend to do a lot of meat, vegetables and gravy dinners. As for snacking, being a savoury hound, I'm more likely to have a bit of hummus on a cracker. If my sweet tooth kicks in (which is rare), I'll head for a bit of rice pudding made with evaporated milk (as opposed to condensed milk and cream) and top it off with some nutmeg, shove it in the oven and serve with a dollop of fruit compote. I'm sure at some point, I'll get some unflavoured Protein Powder and whack it in there.... As for hot tea? I normally drink about 5 cups a day anyhow.. However, this has markedly decreased now I have a stomach the size of my index finger! Booooooooo!

LOL...I froze to death last winter. My suggestion is Protein coffee....lots of it. And we got real good use out of the fireplace.

What's Protein coffee and where do you get it?

Lol! See that's what I'm taking about :P Yes we need to figure this out... I'm so stumped I've only had a little turkey meat today... And way too much tea blech

If you can handle eggs, the little crust less quiche things that Eggface makes (in five zillion flavors) are awesome to have a batch in the winter time. Super easy. I do the basic egg one with any kind of veggies, turkey sausage or even chipped up luncheon meat with shredded cheese. Such as onions, bell pepper, chopped broccoli. They are wonderful. Of course, they don't last long because my husband likes them too. They can become sliders. :(. But great to have for Breakfast. A couple will fill you up.

If you allow yourself any carbs yet, I do bran flakes or oats. Only 90 cals ( bran flakes) 1/4 cup soy milk or less so about 110 cals. I buy SF Instant maple brown sugar oats from Walmart. 100 cals a pkg.

I started using the EAS brand of Protein shake FYE recommended. 17 Protein, 2.5 carbs, 100 cals. Why couldnt you do it hot with a cup of coffee added and a little squirt whip cream? I do the iced version ( did one today)

Veggie Soup is my all time favorite winter "go to." Low carb, cal and wonderful.