Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 19 days away from my surgery and although there's no way I'd change my mind, my fear of the unknown seems to be growing. Hearing other peoples experiences (good and bad) seems to help

me get a grip on reality. Thank you all for sharing!

I'd like to know, are there any folks who regret having the surgery, if so why?

Zero! I am literally half my original size. I am happy & healthy!

Good Luck!

No regrets at all here. I wish I did it sooner. Enjoy your new journey!

I'm 19 days away from my surgery and although there's no way I'd change my mind' date=' my fear of the unknown seems to be growing. Hearing other peoples experiences (good and bad) seems to help me get a grip on reality. Thank you all for sharing! I'd like to know, are there any folks who regret having the surgery, if so why?[/quote'] 6 weeks out the only thing I regret is I did not do it 5 years ago! 56 pounds!

My surgery was an emergency, I had a lapband and my stomach had prolapsed into the band. I wasn't able to keep anything down and was approved and surgery was the next morning. I wasn't as prepared at home as I would have liked. My only advice is to get the post-op diet and purchase at least 2 weeks worth of your post-op supplies. I just didn't feel like going to the store for about 10 days. And I had to send my hubby, he bought the correct stuff, but I wish I would have already stock piled what I needed. And I wish I had been more prepared for the time in the hospital, I didn't pack anything but my phone and charger, and was bored out of my mind for 3 days. Other than that I regret not taking more pictures along my journey. I wish I had taken week pics at first, since I lost so quickly. It seems like one day I was fat, and then next I was already "normal" I take a pic monthly, but like I said the first few months weekly would have been a better idea. I don't regret surgery at all, in fact it's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I was having a serious doubts last week, but today my surgery (October 7) feels like a golden door to many opportunities and welcome changes. I wonder if it is part of the process, grieving the loss of the known and fearing the unknown?

One regret that I did not do this years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your responses! I know this is a small sampling, but its good to know that so many people are still positive about their decision weeks/months later.

I was moved to ask this question due the reaction I received from someone after telling them I was having the surgery. They responded with shock, fear and horror stories about people they knew, who had horrible experiences; some of which died.

I'm re-encouraged!

Thanks!

These folks who are ready to jump on the band wagon of possible death due to surgery, need to review the stats of folks that die from heart attacks, strokes and lose limbs and quality of life due to obesity. Yet they find that a better option.

On the otherhand if someone is not informed about what the surgery would entail or how drastically it will improve your life, think they are protecting you.

Somehow they do not realize that we think about our weight whent we get up and wow to stick to a diet, think about it when the clothes we put on do not fit well, regret every reflection in the mirror, avoid camera's and cringe when shopping for clothes as the sizes seem to rise with each excursion.

AFTER SURGERY SMALLER SIZES EACH SHOPPING TRIP, CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG, NO MORE PAINFUL JOINTS, EASY MOVING, FEELING WELL ETC.

Not a single regret!

As of this morning I am down 60 pounds!

I had total buyer's remorse on days 2-5 post op. I felt lousy from the anesthesia the first three days and when I got home from the hospital, I was overwhelmed by having to keep to sipping schedule. I just couldn't wrap my head around what I had done to myself at that point. I also had major head hunger for the first week. But, by the end of the week things began to get better each day. I feel amazing at 10 weeks post op. I'm thrilled with my weight loss and I'm thrilled with my sleeve. It is a magnificent tool for weight loss. At this point, I only regret not having done it sooner. Good luck to you!

I too had major regret in the first few days, but every day has been better than the last and the only thing I regret now is that I wasted five years with the lapband instead of succeeding with the sleeve!

No regrets here, either. It's not that I don't regret not doing it sooner, it's that it wasn't available when I first considered weight loss surgery nearly 40 years ago. I've known about gastric bypass & lap-band for years but didn't like a lot of things about either one. I had never heard of the sleeve until a year ago. If I had still been working as a medical review nurse I'm sure I would have known a bit sooner. I can't change what is past so I don't think about what could have been or what I wish had been available, I go forward from now.

I'm 19 days away from my surgery and although there's no way I'd change my mind' date=' my fear of the unknown seems to be growing. Hearing other peoples experiences (good and bad) seems to help

me get a grip on reality. Thank you all for sharing!

I'd like to know, are there any folks who regret having the surgery, if so why?[/quote']

Yes! I do regret it sometimes.. I just think i wasn't ready for this..

No regrets from me. I love my sleeve! I am so happy with it. I enjoy eating less and losing weight. I have lost 58 lbs so far. I am looking good and feeling great. I have went from 2x scrubs to large. Tight 22 jeans to loose 16. Ready for mediums and 14 s. Soon. I love everything about my sleeve. I had no. Complications and a very smooth easy recovery. Took a week and a half off work. I have been very lucky. I am very happy.