Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a two year vet not at goal

Finally, I can post in the vet forum. I read these posts nightly and are all inspiration. I've recently gotten back in the game. After surgery in NOv 2011 and losing 75 pounds, I'm ready to keep it moving again. After struggling with my weight for years and years, the surgery was a blessing for me.. got me down out of the 300's.. I'm proud of myself for keeping the 75 pound off, but its time to use the tool, focus and get out of the 200's .. who's with me?

Way to go!!! I had my surgery on December 11, 2011 and am not quite at goal. I intend to ask a question about my situation in another post.

I'm 3 1/2 year out and not at goal! Just 5lbs away from my surgoen's goal and about 21lbs from my personal goal which would get me to a BMI of 25 (not sure I'll ever get there, but it doesn't stop me trying!)

I try to focus on what I have achieved as opposed to what I haven't achieved! And having that positive mental attitude helps me focus on getting to where I want to be; not only in my weight loss but life in general!

Good luck on getting back to the losing bench and well done on maintaining your loss

Read my siggie line about transformation. I really believe that "goal" is not a stopping point, it is just an element of a journey. Managing weight, living healthy - it is a lifelong thing.

That is a big mindset change for me. I think that is the #1 reason I ALWAYS regained after hitting goal... like "I am done with THAT crap now".... LOL.

Never done.. always doing my best to maintain and improve my health and enjoy and love my life.

Today is horse day. I think I will post one of me on a horse in the Water. It's our backside, but oh well.

Finally, I can post in the vet forum. I read these posts nightly and are all inspiration. I've recently gotten back in the game. After surgery in NOv 2011 and losing 75 pounds, I'm ready to keep it moving again. After struggling with my weight for years and years, the surgery was a blessing for me.. got me down out of the 300's.. I'm proud of myself for keeping the 75 pound off, but its time to use the tool, focus and get out of the 200's .. who's with me?

Good for you Brown! You can do it, Just step right back in!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to joining the 5:2 group. Just sent my request to Laura-ven. Hoping a daily checkin will help keep me on track. My daughter and I took new pics last night, and I should begin to Celebrate and acknowledge the achievement. My profile pic is pretty old. Looking at the old me makes me sad, so I'm gonna change my pic to look at the current me. Stay in the now.. and keep moving. Now if I could just figure out the right combination of eating that will get the weight loss started again. I eat high Protein , veggies and low carbs. I still eat small portions. I track my food, but not all the time. I now the night time grazing is a factor. Working the 5:2 is helping me gain some control over that. I figure one thing at a time. That's my current focus.. Following the 5:2 plan and stopping the grazing at least two nights a week. Then I'll work my way up. Other ides? except excersise. that will be the very last resort. The last piece of the puzzle. Oh Gosh!! not the gym!!

Hey I'm a (*almost*) 3 year vet who didn't hit goal either. Also in the group who regained and is working off the regain (half of my 20lb regain is gone, so I'm chipping away at that!)

Totally agree having a positive mental attitude makes ALL the difference in the world and also a big fan of "checking" in here with my buddies who keep me going. I know you said (in an earlier post) that you are doing the 5:2...it's awesome and I'm glad you are trying it. Have you been doing it since that first post a few weeks ago?

Look forward to seeing you march on down the scale...keep working that sleeve!

I'm a slow loser too. What's the 5:2??

Its an eating style (that includes a couple of semi-fasting days a week) that a few of us Vets who have ether not lost all the weight, or had regain are using to lose the last few pounds and then maintain after that. Its not really recommended for those who are early out or are just slow losers. If you have not lost your weight by a year or so, come see us and see how it worked out for us! We are happy to fill in anyone in that position.

I'm a slow loser too. What's the 5:2??

Hey I'm a (*almost*) 3 year vet who didn't hit goal either. Also in the group who regained and is working off the regain (half of my 20lb regain is gone, so I'm chipping away at that!)

Totally agree having a positive mental attitude makes ALL the difference in the world and also a big fan of "checking" in here with my buddies who keep me going. I know you said (in an earlier post) that you are doing the 5:2...it's awesome and I'm glad you are trying it. Have you been doing it since that first post a few weeks ago?

Look forward to seeing you march on down the scale...keep working that sleeve!

M2G Yes.. I've been doing 5:2 and in my 5th week. I've lost 2 pounds since I started. Fast days are mostly easy. Lots of green tea.. I think if I stick with it i'll be well on my way. My first focus it to control the night time grazing, really bad habit I have to control for the sake of my long term health. I've sent Laura-ven a message asking to join the group.

M2G Yes.. I've been doing 5:2 and in my 5th week. I've lost 2 pounds since I started. Fast days are mostly easy. Lots of green tea.. I think if I stick with it i'll be well on my way. My first focus it to control the night time grazing' date=' really bad habit I have to control for the sake of my long term health. I've sent Laura-ven a message asking to join the group.[/quote']

Love your new profile pic. :)

M2G Yes.. I've been doing 5:2 and in my 5th week. I've lost 2 pounds since I started. Fast days are mostly easy. Lots of green tea.. I think if I stick with it i'll be well on my way. My first focus it to control the night time grazing' date=' really bad habit I have to control for the sake of my long term health. I've sent Laura-ven a message asking to join the group.[/quote']

Hi,

If you go the the groups main page you can put a request in and I'll get you signed up :)

M2G Yes.. I've been doing 5:2 and in my 5th week. I've lost 2 pounds since I started. Fast days are mostly easy. Lots of green tea.. I think if I stick with it i'll be well on my way. My first focus it to control the night time grazing, really bad habit I have to control for the sake of my long term health. I've sent Laura-ven a message asking to join the group.

Great job! Looking forward to seeing your updates over there. It really does help keep me accountable checking in with my 5:2 buddies!