Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 3 of my clears only preop diet and everything is making me gag. So I had about half a can of campbells cream of mushroom Soup. Did I mess up real bad? I promise I won't deviate again from the plan, I just reached my breaking point and started to cry I was so hungry. My surgery is thurs so I really can't mess up tomorrow. I'm so upset that I didn't follow the plan to the T. Am I being too hard on myself? I've already lost 6 lbs in 3 days.

My surgeon actually allowed me to have the cream Soups on my pre-op & post op liquid diet. I stayed hungry too and sipped on warm chicken broth throughout the day and that helped me some. Good Luck! It is hard, but I promise it does get easier after day 4 and 5!

Exactly! There's nothing clear Protein except Isopure and unflavored Protein Powder in Clear Liquids. It sucks! I'm so sick of chicken broth. They might as well say eat nothing. At least I only have to get through today and tomorrow. Then 7 more days post op of clears...awesome! I guess it's what I signed up for so no use doing any real complaining.

I would check with your NUT or surgeon. The program I was on allowed clear & full liquids pre-op. So I was allowed to have grits (I think I survived on grits and chicken broth between my Protein Shakes to help with my hunger LOL) This is what was on my shopping list they provided me with pre-op. Clear liquids: sugar free Jell-O, sugar free popsicles, chicken broth, beef broth, crystal light, & decaff coffee. Full liquids: low fat cream Soups, skim or 1% milk, reduced fat Lactaid, low sugar yogurt with no fruit pieces, sugar free pudding, cream of wheat, grits, and Protein Drinks. Hope this helps, but I would verify with your program first just to make sure! Everyone's program seems to be different!

Thanks! They were real clear about it, clear liquids only. I was told my doc has the toughest preop diet of all the docs in the practice. But he is very good at what he does so he knows better than me. But dang this is hard! Lol.

It is hard!! I had to do 10 days pre-op, so after day 4 or 5 it got easier for me. I just kept reminding myself of all the reasons I was doing this and the day before surgery I rewarded myself! I went and bought a cute top that is way too small now, but will soon be able to wear in several months hopefully!

I had one day clear before surgery. I binged at every restaurant i liked for 2 weeks. You will be fine.

I did the same thing the week before I had to start my liquid diet!! The last day I made myself sick with all the last minute stuff I was wanting LOL

So I m not even in the program yet... I only have met with GP and did blood work... I have a class Saturday and then she will refer me... So my question is do I start dieting now or wait to see what they say... I already feel like a failure.... I had two Protein Shakes today at work but then came home and stuffed myself on crap!!!! How come I always do this.... I don't even know his to eat normal.. So scared.... :-(...

I did terrible on my 6 month diet. I wouldn't worry that you will fail when it counts. If you'd have asked me if I could go days without eating I'd have said not a chance. But now I have to so I am doing it. You will do fine too. Good luck on your journey!

I did pretty poorly on the presurgical diet as well, but once I was sleeved it was much easier to a. not eat and b. eat only what I was restricted to (and it was a very restrictive 8 weeks post surgery!).

The surgery and recovery will force you to conform to the rules, for the most part (see the thread on "dirty little secrets" for the other 5% of the time!).

Good luck!