Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! Tomorrow will be the end of week 3 for me and I can't believe how it's flown by... Just wanted to see how everyone is making out on their journey... Also if you have the my fitness pal app - friend request me.... I want to give and get as much support as I can on this ride... It would be amazing if some of that support came from other gay men and women that have had or are having similar experiences or struggles! Take care of yourselves y'all!

David

It's like over time it gets better and better. It's not just that my waist is shrinking and that's cool. It's also that I become more and more comfortable with small, healthy portions of food instead of the huge meals I used to eat.

I met with my surgeon for my 6-week followup yesterday, and in addition to loosing 31% of my excess weight (by insurance definitions) I'm feeling great! I had some tasty grilled chicken for lunch today (probably around 4oz.)...it was delicious and filling. How cool!!! I had that small meal and didn't feel a need to have more...

It's like over time it gets better and better. It's not just that my waist is shrinking and that's cool. It's also that I become more and more comfortable with small' date=' healthy portions of food instead of the huge meals I used to eat. I met with my surgeon for my 6-week followup yesterday, and in addition to loosing 31% of my excess weight (by insurance definitions) I'm feeling great! I had some tasty grilled chicken for lunch today (probably around 4oz.)...it was delicious and filling. How cool!!! I had that small meal and didn't feel a need to have more...[/quote']

That's awesome to hear! I am looking forward to all of those feelings... I'm still a little hungry after some meals... Generally after dinner I'm full. I joke that I'm going to get thin and my dog is going to get fat.. Whatever I can't finish, she gets... Ha ha! Congrats on your weight loss and for sharing! Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing about your next milestone! Take care!

Ah ha I was wondering if there was a group for me. My surgery is on October 13, 2013. I'm on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet.< /p>

The liquid diet pre-op sucks but I promise you it will help you with your first 2 weeks post-op... Practice sipping things... It sounds silly but we humans are always in a hurry and tend to gulp things down... Also don't use a straw... Unjury makes a great unflavored Protein Powder as well as a chicken Soup flavored one... They have helped me because all if those sweet drinks get to be too much after a while...

thanks for the info. My first of two preop appointments is this Friday. My upper GI, EKG , etc. Just ready to get to the operation table.

Sent from my iPad using VST app

How is day 3 going for you? What have you found really satisfies you? I made my costco run just the other day and stocked up on apple juice' date=' propel, and chicken/beef broth. Sent from my iPad using VST app[/quote'] Hey day three is a little easier. I had a busy day which did not allow me to obsess about things. I even attended a Bariatric support group this evening and left feeling even more inspired!

How is day 3 going for you? What have you found really satisfies you? I made my costco run just the other day and stocked up on apple juice' date=' propel, and chicken/beef broth. Sent from my iPad using VST app[/quote'] I found this vegan frozen dessert brand at Whole/Paycheck/Foods that my Dietitian approved Named Wink 25 calories per serving 0 fat, 1g Dietary Fiber 0 Sugar, Gluten free, Soy free, Nut free, Dairy Free, and egg free; basically just flavored ice; however, it is a life saver for. ????