Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What To Eat?! Please Help!

Hi Sleevers,

I am two weeks and 1 day post op today and am having trouble figuring out what pureed foods to eat. I tried oatmeal (didnt end well) and even having trouble with Soups.

I would love to hear from people who are far out in their post op to see what they get to eat. I hope the future is brighter than this...

What Soups are you trying? It is common to have lactose issues, so try to stay away from cream based soups for now. During the pureed stage, I made smoked ham, lentil and veggie Soup and chicken veggie soup. As I progressed, I pureed them less and less. I added other soups as the days went by and pureed them as much as I needed, but I stayed with broth soups.

When I did purer with my lap band I did Beans and weenies with Protein Powder. I really liked that one and I also did the instant breakfasts with so non fat sugar free frozen yogurt from Walmart to give a better taste. I try to add Unjury unflavored Protein to any of the liquids I have besides Water. I hope this helps

When I did purer with my lap band I did Beans and weenies with Protein powder. I really liked that one and I also did the instant breakfasts with so non fat sugar free frozen yogurt from Walmart to give a better taste. I try to add unjury unflavored Protein to any of the liquids I have besides Water. I hope this helps

Thank you!

What Soups are you trying? It is common to have lactose issues, so try to stay away from cream based soups for now. During the pureed stage, I made smoked ham, lentil and veggie Soup and chicken veggie soup. As I progressed, I pureed them less and less. I added other soups as the days went by and pureed them as much as I needed, but I stayed with broth soups.

I am doing boston clam chowder and what ever the soup of the day is at work (we get free lunch). I might need to bring my own soup in....

I am doing boston clam chowder and what ever the Soup of the day is at work (we get free lunch). I might need to bring my own soup in....

Are you asking them to puree the soup? That is what I did whenever I went out to eat early on. They would always blend it up for me, no problem. If they are not, just be sure to chew the living $#@% out of everything. Perhaps avoid Soups with meats because I can see where you may not be chewing it will enough for your tender tummy, yet.

Bringing your own, though, is always a great option as it will be the consistency you need.

I did a lot of:

poached egg over refried Beans

pureed tuna salad

pureed chicken salad

pureed chicken with barbecue sauce

hummus

Greek yogurt

nonfat cottage cheese with hot sauce or chipotle Salad Dressing stirred in for flavor

pureed shrimp salad

I didn't have any trouble tolerating any of that. Just kept the amounts very very small - no more than 3 tablespoons of food per meal.

I did a lot of:

poached egg over refried Beans

pureed tuna salad

pureed chicken salad

pureed chicken with barbecue sauce

hummus

Greek yogurt

nonfat cottage cheese with hot sauce or chipotle Salad Dressing stirred in for flavor

pureed shrimp salad

I didn't have any trouble tolerating any of that. Just kept the amounts very very small - no more than 3 tablespoons of food per meal.

3 tablespoons?

Yes, that's the rule in my surgeon's practice. During puree phase, we get three meals a day of 3 tablespoons of food each day. When we move on to soft foods we get three meals a day of no more than 3 ounces of food. I usually don't even get to 3 ounces before I'm full and stop eating though.