Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having huge issues with getting my pre-op weight off not to mention quitting cigarettes. Not sure if I'm freaking out way too soon but I just am having trouble with the food cravings as i quit. As of oct 1st i have 3months left of pre-op nut visits an other labs right before but i meet with my surgeon this month an im fearful that he'll say im not trying hard enough to prove i can do this....am i subliminally sabotaging myself because of some internal fear of the surgery itself??? :(

*BUG*

I'm sure your going to do great.

It happens. Fear and anxiety will cause that reaction in me. I journal and I've had a psyhc for 8 years. I see her monthly and it's been an amazing tool.

I try to keep my hands and head busy so that I have little time to think or dwell.

Good luck, hope you figure it out sooner than later.

I wish i could see a phyc but i live in such a small town everyone knows everyone i feel my issues would be in the local paper as it is i drive 1 1/2 hours to get to nut an surgeon visits

*BUG*

Well it is good that you are facing these issues now. It is best for you to be able to figure out ways to handle these things before you get your surgery. I tried to work out some things before I had mine and although I still had to confront some issues, it really helped that I already had some things set in place to help me.

I am a little over a year out and I really dont suffer with food cravings anymore. so maybe that will help you out to know that once your tummy is smaller and once you have the surgery, you will automatically have some tools to help you. You wont have as many cravings and You wont be able to eat as much. Just concentrate on eating the things you should during that time.

For now, I know it is hard! I KNOWWWWW it is HARD!!!!! But do your best to follow your surgeons and your nuts advice. This really is the hardest part!!! I promise!!!!!

You can do this! You are strong and once you begin to see changes in your body, you will notice changes in many areas of your life! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Keep your eye on the prize!

I really appreciate your comments!!! I do believe im strong enough for this journey...just wished I'd quit smoking years ago when i first attempted it, this process would be way easier...maybe...

*BUG*