Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Achy tender stomach

Hi all,

I'm almost 4 months out & my new tummy is still achy & tender. Not too sure if this is normal? Also I've been having really bad heartburn & it's going up in my throat. I'm on Prilosec twice a day & it helps but it's still there. I don't have a fever but I do have a headache & my stomach is distended. Still can't get ahold of anyone from my surgeons office!

Anyone else experience the achy tummy or this crazy heartburn?

Thank you!

Hi Fluffnomore,

I've seen my surgeon & PCP since this post. I guess it's just my new sensation!? I have really bad Gerd so thats what they think is going on.

Thank you!

Oh, boo. Yeah, after I posted I saw that it was old. (Darned new format.) Hope you're getting some relief! :-)

Molly3, I'm 3 months post op and suddenly experiencing similar issues. Having nausea, burning sensation in tummy, and aching in abdomen. I'm also on Prilosec twice daily. Did the doctor have anything else to help? A different PPI? Any mention of ulcer etc? I have appt this week with surgeon, just wondering if u have any advice?

Hi Boogiebabe,

I was on Prilosec 2x a day as well & I still had the burning sensation & ended up in the ER. I'm on Protonix 1x a day now & may need to take 2.. I see my PCP this week & my surgeon for my 6 month next week. I'll let you know what they say.

Do you take carafate? I believe the Protonix is working a little better for me.

No i'm not taking anything other than prilosec. Hoping my surgeon will be able to help me this week. Its difficult to even eat feeling like i do. Did they do anything for you when u went to the ER? Thank you for taking time to reply and keeping me posted!!

Hi,

They gave me a cocktail in my IV & also to drink. Ask your dr. about Carafate & Reglan.

Did u experience nausea with the heartburn/reflux?

No nausea. Just constant burning in my tummy, chest & throat! How are you doing today?

Feeling a little better today. Mild nausea. But i see my surgeon on thurs morning. Hoping he has something to help.

Hi molly3,

Went to surgeon today and he is sending me for scope and ct scan monday. He also prescribed carafate and nexium. He wants to make sure nothing is going on that he is missing. Hope all will be okay. Thx for all your advice and taking time to chat!!

Hi guys I'm 3 1/2 weeks in, the burning has stopped but as we all say there's always a but. I'm very tender in my tummy area, even touching it as well. Anyone experiencing this, please help. Thanks