Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the newer folks. I saw some other posts this morning with folks saying their surgery is in December, hopefully they will join too!

I have my psych eval tomorrow. I called so many and finally found one that doesn't do the 5 hour appt. Thus will be a regular 45 min appt.

After that, I need my upper GI and EKG. Then I should be able to schedule my date. I hope I will be far enough out that I can schedule it when I want it, the first Thursday in Dec.

Then I will have a 4 hour preop where I go to a nutrition class to get all the details, meet with the surgeon one last time, and I'm not sure what else.

So glad to have others along in a similar place!

Yay, I passed my psych eval! All that's left is upper GI and ekg. Love crossing things off the list!

Congrats! Getting closer & closer!

I'm so over October. And November. Although I'd be lying if I said that i wasn't a little (a lot) exited about one more good old fashioned SC family Thanksgiving. I had to move from October to December due to work commitment. I"m actually having it on my birthday. 12/10. I'm going to MX I've done the rounds with insurance companies twice and had all of the counseling, sleep studies etc. Once I made it 4 months and then job change, no insurance. The next time I made it two and then plan changed. I've been trying too long. Come on December. the stress of waiting is making me fat(ter)

My November date was postponed due to the dr deciding at the last min she wants me to lose 30 pounds. So I'm hoping for December if not looks like I'll be in the January crew

I'm so over October. And November. Although I'd be lying if I said that i wasn't a little (a lot) exited about one more good old fashioned SC family Thanksgiving. I had to move from October to December due to work commitment. I"m actually having it on my birthday. 12/10. I'm going to MX I've done the rounds with insurance companies twice and had all of the counseling, sleep studies etc. Once I made it 4 months and then job change, no insurance. The next time I made it two and then plan changed. I've been trying too long. Come on December. the stress of waiting is making me fat(ter)

Wow you have been waiting a while! Good news is you don't have to wait for insurance approval!!! I think that is why I was not toooo upset about having it in December. One last holiday feast. It's not like I won't be able to eat next year but, it will be a completely different feeling lol. "the stress of waiting is making me fat(ter)" Good one I love that! Good luck to you!!

My November date was postponed due to the dr deciding at the last min she wants me to lose 30 pounds. So I'm hoping for December if not looks like I'll be in the January crew

They postponed it because they though you didn't have enough time to meet the 30lb goal? When was your original date? I called my insurance company today because I didn't want to be thrown any last minute surprises. My insurance case manager kept telling me "call your surgery coordinator she knows all the in's and out's". The whole time I am thinking aren't you the insurance company? Shouldn't you have all the answers?!?!!? Wow!

They postponed it because they though you didn't have enough time to meet the 30lb goal? When was your original date? I called my insurance company today because I didn't want to be thrown any last minute surprises. My insurance case manager kept telling me "call your surgery coordinator she knows all the in's and out's". The whole time I am thinking aren't you the insurance company? Shouldn't you have all the answers?!?!!? Wow!
They postponed it because the surgeon decided at the last min she wants me to lose 50 instead of just 20 like she told me back in May. Why wait 5 months to tell me to lose 30 more when I've been talking to you all along was my question to her. So as of today Ive made a new consult appt with a different doctor. Let's see who wants my money more lol. My original date was nov 4th. I was approved and ready to pay. Til she called me the next morning with this bs

Right! That sounds crazy! Smart move to find another Dr. Good luck! I hope you get good news.

my last weigh in is November 26th so early December is what I am looking at. if I can just make it to where I get a approved or not ill be fine lol after my next approintment on the 21st ill be scheduled for two NUT classes which i'm looking forward too.

December 13 for me and my husband- provided preop tests are good and the insurance company approves- which they should. Nice to meet you all :)

Michele in Pennsylvania

December 13 for me and my husband- provided preop tests are good and the insurance company approves- which they should. Nice to meet you all :)

Michele in Pennsylvania

I am approved and scheduled for 12/16. I picked December because it works for me financially.

I am approved and scheduled for 12/16. I picked December because it works for me financially.

December seems so far away! I haven't been approved yet but' date=' I am hoping since my last weigh in is December 5th my insurance will approve it in time for me to be sleeved by the end of December. Anyone one else out there not yet approved and hoping for a December sleeve? I see quite a few people already have their December date. How did your date get scheduled out so far in advance? My Dr. probably won't even try to schedule me until my insurance gives the OK.[/quote']

I am hoping for a December date but am skeptical. I have my fourth NUT next week, the Psych at end of Oct. I did get a letter from Orthopedic stating a recommendation for weight loss surgery. Hoping Insurance approval will be kind and quick!