Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

I'm at 99 miles and some change right now, I WILL Make it before the day is out!!!

I did 3 today and 4.1 yesterday for a total of 36.6 for the month. Not bad since I'm a month post op from my TT. So proud of all of you guys and gals for accomplishing the ultimate goal this month....which was just to push yourself. Let's keep it going in November. Thanks to everyone who participated. You are all helping to paint the picture that this change we all have made is about health, not just weight loss.

Weight loss is just a pleasant side effect.

Edited by Butterthebean

Just finished 4 miles on the bike for a monthly total of 69 miles. I joined the thread mid month and set a goal of 50!! Have to rethink the target for November.

I'm literally going to have to get home at 10:30 pm, take off my suit and and hose and heels, and get on my stationary bike. I'm 0.6 miles short of my stretch goal and by golly, I intend to make it!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Oh butter just reminded me to post my miles today! Ummm and butter it was 20 miles not 15! Yep 20 miles today :D Plus 96 that equals 116 for the month!!

I am officially kicking you off the kid's table. You don't belong here! :)

Oh butter just reminded me to post my miles today! Ummm and butter it was 20 miles not 15! Yep 20 miles today :D Plus 96 that equals 116 for the month!!

You rock. Who would have thought you'd find your inner fitness freak so quickly? Proud of you grasshopper.

Happy Halloween everyone! It turns out I got in 2 more miles, but here is the rub: carrying a 20 lb medicine ball.

First time I have done that and it got me thinking. With the medicine ball, my weight is 192. I ran at 220 and it was far easier then running with at 172 with a 20 lb medicine ball. It must have been a combination of in balance, torque and a little sheer force that caused it to be hard.

I carried the 20 lb medicine ball against my chest in a bear hug when trying to run fast. Each mile took about 7:30 seconds. My fast mile is usually around 5 minutes, sometimes faster.

I was huffing and puffing. Secretly praying for it to end. My body was taking a beating. Lol.

In context, here is today's run set:

1 mile with 20#

50 sit ups with 20#

40 thrusters with 20#

30 jumping lunges with 20#

20 box jumps (24") with 20# - so hard!!

1 mile run with 20#

Oh and if we dropped the ball, 5 burpees for every second it sit on the ground. Needless to say, no one dropped the ball before I did the workout today.

This whole week has been brutal. Maybe luck of the draw or a week on vacation has softened me a little. I think the former as I was still working out every day last week on vacation.

Ending October with 208 miles of running and rowing (mostly running).

Onward to the November challenge!!!!

I got in a 2.77 mile walk and rode my bike 4 miles. My total for the month 70.21 miles! Thanks for the challenge! Can't wait to better my miles for November! Sent from my iPhone using VST

Edited by TerryBelieves

Okay final wrap up for the month: Last month I had no idea how many miles I was biking/walking/running so I jumped at the chance of 100 as the goal. Goal: 100 Sept: 121.5 total This month I set my goal for 150 trying to improve upon the Sept. Challenge. Goal: 150 Oct: 172.1 total Need to think about what I'm going to do next month! Thanks and good luck to everyone' date=' you have one last day to push yourself for this challenge...and a good reason to push today...Happy Halloween![/quote']

Wow. Wow. Wow. !!!!

Happy Halloween everyone! October is done...does that mean Christmas music starts tomorrow?

Soooo...3.70 miles today walked. That puts my final total for the October challenge at 131.70 miles! I beat Sept by a little over 4.5 miles. Not as many as I hoped but still happy with my total.

Great job everyone and thank you all for being so motivational for me. There were definitely days I didn't want to do anything but everyone here kept me going. Thank you all and see you next month (tomorrow).

See there! Well done!

Sigh. I read my pedometer for the wrong day and had the wrong number. .8 yesterday not 1.7 :( 57.3 total.

So 1.6 walking and 2 miles in bike puts me at 61 miles. 1mile over my stretch goal but only because I'm so dang tired that I couldn't add and did one more mile than I needed to :)

You can bet that if it hadn't been for the challenge, I would not have gotten on my bike at the end of a 17.5 hour work day so thank you for cheering and motivating me!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches