Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

You know.. Ok this might sound weird and long winded...

But the knee pain reminds me about my hip pain at about a month out from surgery.

I have a bum hip and have pins in it. But it doesn't really bother me I've had them for years.

But all of a sudden a month after surgery, for about a month it was so bad I could hardly walk somedays. I though my hip was coming out of the socket and the doctors tool X-rays and everything but it was ok.. I came here and did a search about hip pain joint pain and sure enough tons of posts about it. After reading and talking to several people I wonder if "weak" areas become painful again for a little while because our center of gravity, posture is changing as we lose a lot in those early days?

By the way my pain magically went away never to return..

Ok I know that made now sense but I just saw two of you with bum knees .

You know.. Ok this might sound weird and long winded...

But the knee pain reminds me about my hip pain at about a month out from surgery.

I have a bum hip and have pins in it. But it doesn't really bother me I've had them for years.

But all of a sudden a month after surgery' date=' for about a month it was so bad I could hardly walk somedays. I though my hip was coming out of the socket and the doctors tool X-rays and everything but it was ok.. I came here and did a search about hip pain joint pain and sure enough tons of posts about it. After reading and talking to several people I wonder if "weak" areas become painful again for a little while because our center of gravity, posture is changing as we lose a lot in those early days?

By the way my pain magically went away never to return..

Ok I know that made now sense but I just saw two of you with bum knees .[/quote']

Same thing happened to me but it was my lower back. I assumed it was exactly what you said.....change in center of gravity. Eventually it went away and never bothered me again.

You know.. Ok this might sound weird and long winded... But the knee pain reminds me about my hip pain at about a month out from surgery. I have a bum hip and have pins in it. But it doesn't really bother me I've had them for years. But all of a sudden a month after surgery' date=' for about a month it was so bad I could hardly walk somedays. I though my hip was coming out of the socket and the doctors tool X-rays and everything but it was ok.. I came here and did a search about hip pain joint pain and sure enough tons of posts about it. After reading and talking to several people I wonder if "weak" areas become painful again for a little while because our center of gravity, posture is changing as we lose a lot in those early days? By the way my pain magically went away never to return.. Ok I know that made now sense but I just saw two of you with bum knees .[/quote']

My husband's hip's been bothering him too. I told him about your hip from your post a while ago. Hoping his goes away like yours did. Kills me to see him in pain.

My knee pain comes and goes. I have had 2 surgeries on it and had problems with them since I was a kid. The pain in my knees and ankle have just become a part of life for me. Sad to say, but I am used to it. I just rest it a little when it acts up and then go back at it.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I've had three flare ups this month which I only realize because I'm doing the challenge and every day I can't exercise reduces my chances of meeting my goals. But on the other hand, I'm more active on the days I don't have a flare up so I'm trying to see the positive in that. It's also possible I'm overdoing a bit.

Who me?? No! Hard to believe right?

HI all! I've been MIA for a few days...I have been really under the weather for a couple of weeks. But, my total as of Friday was 92 miles. I'm determined to get to my 125 mile goal for the month. I will give it all I got over the next four days! Good job everyone. I can't wait to set a goal for November.

Glad I got some big miles in yesterday because today is going to be zero unless I can count air miles on my flight home. :)

Love starting my Mondays with my trainer!!!! Had training session and then did 40 mins on elliptical and bike. Got 4 miles in today!!!! 53 total now!!!

Was able to get in 5.3 miles walking yesterday. Total 152.9. I wont' likely see that number again until it warms up. I've found that <36 degrees is brutal. Have a great finish to the month everyone!

Six miles today, brings monthly total to 53 miles. I had set a goal of 50 based on joining mid month, did that!! Couple days left to keep going!

I'll make my 50 by the end of the month. I have been walking every day being very good patient. Has anyone volunteered to start the November thread. I can do it if no one else has volunteered. I seem to have plenty of time on my hands right now. Totally not used to that at all.

I'll make my 50 by the end of the month. I have been walking every day being very good patient. Has anyone volunteered to start the November thread. I can do it if no one else has volunteered. I seem to have plenty of time on my hands right now. Totally not used to that at all.

butter started it. how are you feeling??

Gamegirl, I am feeling great. No gas pains, no pain meds today. I had two leak tests on Saturday and passed both. Water never tasted so good in all my life. Came home Sunday afternoon from the hospital. I am out walking with my husband or grand children. Right now they walk faster than I do, so I have to remind them to walk slow and they slow down.

I will have to search for the November challenge. If I can't find it, I will let you know. I am happy to be healing and home.

Dang flare up. I only got 1.2 miles today and YES I am claiming the .2 part too! 54.2. Worried I won't be able to make my stretch goal of 60 with this stupid sh-- RA!

Oh big whoop I got .6 miles today. 54.8.

I don't know what to set my November goal at because I don't even know if I will make my second October goal. First oct goal was 40, second was 60.

(This sounds like a math problem). Therefore November should be..??