Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

I started the day off with a quick and cool 2.6 mile bike ride. I got in 3 miles of walking today. That puts my total at 107.95 miles!

I got in +3.5 km for warmup and + 10 k for workout run. Too hot to run outside (92 f) so I did the sport training 10 k on the life fitness machine. Those programs are cool! It simulates a real 10 k race with hilly terrain. I put in level 5 and it adjusted up to 3.5 %. Pace was 8:35 for the 10 k. I do have to say the hills made it interesting. It was a good run and my tank felt nearly full afterwards. Loved it. I liked the energy I had post run. This is definitely different and easier) then, say, 8 months ago, when I was running 10 k regularly. The metabolic conditioning from cross fit really helped the endurance running. I was able to hold a conversation with my wife while running, which means I probably should have been pushing harder. Hey, throw me a bone. I am on vacation. :)

3.1 mile run and 3.7 mile walk today.

So far this month:

Run: 37.9 (goal 60)

Walk: 48.2 (goal 40) Over!!!

Bike: 10 (goal 50)

Total: 96.1 miles

I can see once you get yourself into a workout regimen and you miss a day or so…it can get to you. I just started my program and I crave the next workout and I rather have this new addiction versus my food addition I used to have.

I would imagine that 10k in 95 temps is doable as long as you keep yourself hydrated. When I walk or bike I like doing it outdoors as living in the Midwest the workouts in the winter are spent indoors.

Good luck with your workout during your vacation…BTW' date=' I need to pick up that DVD you mentioned, sounds good.[/quote']

Yup -, "be your own gym" is one of my favorite workout DVDs. Is it better, same or worse then insanity? Don't know. I have never done Shaun T programs, but want to someday try his new 25 min program. I like byog because it is very practical and easy to follow, yet extremely effective. The trainer on it trains special ops and he has shared his techniques with us. How cool is that?

Got my walk in this evening for a total of 47 miles. I know I am sucking hind tit, but at least I am moving!

Got my walk in this evening for a total of 47 miles. I know I am sucking hind tit' date=' but at least I am moving![/quote']

Love your phraseology!!!! LOL.

Logged another 5 today. Today brings me to 94 miles. I'll reach 100 by tomorrow. Hopefully. Then I'll have 7 days to get another 25 to my goal. Think it's doable. :)

Logged another 5 today. Today brings me to 94 miles. I'll reach 100 by tomorrow. Hopefully. Then I'll have 7 days to get another 25 to my goal. Think it's doable. :)

Sweet!! Totally doable!!

Yup -, "be your own gym" is one of my favorite workout DVDs. Is it better, same or worse then insanity? Don't know. I have never done Shaun T programs, but want to someday try his new 25 min program. I like byog because it is very practical and easy to follow, yet extremely effective. The trainer on it trains special ops and he has shared his techniques with us. How cool is that?

Very cool having a trainer that trains special ops!! The workouts must be amazingly intense.

I bought both sets (Insanity and T25) a couple months ago…so I could switch off once I completed a program. I just ordered “you are you own gym” from Amazon, so I can also include in my workout regimen.

I'm set for 25 weeks at a time. Extremely pumped and excited!!

1) Insanity (Program 1 ) 9 weeks ( 6 days a week)

2) T25 (Program 2) 5 weeks (6 days a week)

3) You are you own Gym (Program 3) 10 weeks (4 days a week)

After 25 weeks, I'll let my body rest for 2 weeks then start the 25 week regimen again!!

Got 3 miles in today and 45 mins with my trainer!!! My legs are on fire today!!!! Total miles 47.

Very cool having a trainer that trains special ops!! The workouts must be amazingly intense.

I bought both sets (Insanity and T25) a couple months ago…so I could switch off once I completed a program. I just ordered “you are you own gym” from Amazon' date=' so I can also include in my workout regimen.

I'm set for 25 weeks at a time. Extremely pumped and excited!!

1) Insanity (Program 1 ) 9 weeks ( 6 days a week)

2) T25 (Program 2) 5 weeks (6 days a week)

3) You are you own Gym (Program 3) 10 weeks (4 days a week)

After 25 weeks, I'll let my body rest for 2 weeks then start the 25 week regimen again!![/quote']

Wow - now that is a great plan!! Keep us appraised.

I want to turn on all my good DNA. Lol!

Me too!