Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Knocked out 3.75 miles today. Once again feeling great! My total for the month now stands at 102.35 miles! WOO HOO!! Broke 100 with days to spare!

Everyone is doing great! Keep it up and make sure to drink your water! Almost there folks!

Okay celebrating 3 years being sleeved TODAY!!! Woo hoo! (if you want before/after pics' date=' etc.) http://www.verticals...-i-had-the-vsg/ So in honor of my 3 year anniversary of the sleeve I went to women & weights and did a 1 hour lifting workout, followed by my beloved spin class BUT I was sporting these bad boys: MY NEW SPIN SHOES!!! They have the little clip on them so I'm "locked" in when I spin. LOVE THEM! They were expensive but a MUCH MUCH MUCH better reward than cake: Miles so far are 119.8...150 I'm coming for you!

Congrats on your 3 year anniversairy! Loved reading your very honest and informative blog entry and your before/after pics. You look amazing and so healthy and young! Hope I can do as well as you have. Continued blessings to you and your family!

Just realized this morning that with the fitbit lost, I'm out of the challenge since I have no way to keep track of miles anymore. So I guess I end the challenge at 50 this month. Can't wait for next months challenge. I will stay and cheer you guys to the finish line.

Someone found my fitbit and is using it. I got an email in Spanish congratulating me for setting up my fitbit. Hmmm.

Just realized this morning that with the fitbit lost' date=' I'm out of the challenge since I have no way to keep track of miles anymore. So I guess I end the challenge at 50 this month. Can't wait for next months challenge. I will stay and cheer you guys to the finish line.

Someone found my fitbit and is using it. I got an email in Spanish congratulating me for setting up my fitbit. Hmmm.[/quote']

Man some people really suck! I wish you could connect with it and type messages for them to read... That could be a bit fun... I'm sorry about your fit bit loss, if you have a smart phone accupedo is a good pedometer, just remember to pause it when you're in a car. Congratulations on the 50, I hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Hey everyone , got in 5 miles today. Treadmill, elliptical and bike. Total so far 50 miles!!! I Celebrated my 3 month Surgerversary yesterday and I love my sleeve!! Things are starting to be seen by me. Have wonderful day!

post-59635-1383839666496_thumb.jpg

Just realized this morning that with the fitbit lost' date=' I'm out of the challenge since I have no way to keep track of miles anymore. So I guess I end the challenge at 50 this month. Can't wait for next months challenge. I will stay and cheer you guys to the finish line.

Someone found my fitbit and is using it. I got an email in Spanish congratulating me for setting up my fitbit. Hmmm.[/quote']

There are many smart phone apps you can use to track your mileage. Map my run is a good one. There are also a bunch of pedometer apps as well.

In other words.....we're not letting you quit.

Okay celebrating 3 years being sleeved TODAY!!! Woo hoo!

(if you want before/after pics, etc.)

http://www.verticals...-i-had-the-vsg/

So in honor of my 3 year anniversary of the sleeve I went to women & weights and did a 1 hour lifting workout, followed by my beloved spin class BUT I was sporting these bad boys:

post-33529-13813660807037_thumb.jpg

MY NEW SPIN SHOES!!!

They have the little clip on them so I'm "locked" in when I spin. LOVE THEM!

post-33529-13813660807139_thumb.png

They were expensive but a MUCH MUCH MUCH better reward than cake:

post-33941-13813660807718_thumb.jpg

Miles so far are 119.8...150 I'm coming for you!

Congrats on your 3 years! The shoes are awesome...you deserve it!

Wow! Can we say chunk lost??? :)

That's fantastic! Very inspirational....

Those are WAY cool. Wish I needed some. :(. Ha!

And you look AWESOME!

Wow! Can we say chunk lost??? :)

Thank you G! OMG that freaking rocks...you are killing it girl!

Congrats on your 3 year anniversairy! Loved reading your very honest and informative blog entry and your before/after pics. You look amazing and so healthy and young! Hope I can do as well as you have. Continued blessings to you and your family!

thank you that means a lot! Love the "young" comment...ahhh, youth is wasted on the young. Wish I had done this 20 years ago!

Just realized this morning that with the fitbit lost, I'm out of the challenge since I have no way to keep track of miles anymore. So I guess I end the challenge at 50 this month. Can't wait for next months challenge. I will stay and cheer you guys to the finish line.

Someone found my fitbit and is using it. I got an email in Spanish congratulating me for setting up my fitbit. Hmmm.

That totally sucks!!! Don't bow out of the challenge...keep going.

Congrats on your 3 years! The shoes are awesome...you deserve it!

Thank you Rox...I felt kind of guilty about spending $115 on these (they sell them without the metal clips and you have to BUY them separately...grrr.) But then I realized that it was my 3 year anniversary and decided to use that as my excuse to buy them. ;)

Edited by M2G

I walked 2.5 miles and rode my exercise bike for 3.5 miles. Total so far is now 87.87 miles. Oh, and today I am exactly 3 months post-op and I have lost 54 lbs so far! I will Celebrate by doing 8 miles today.. :D

Start of my Insanity journey…

Day 1: (10/14) Fit Test…was CRAZY Intense!!

1. Switch Kicks: completed (25)

2. Power Jack: completed (31)

3. Power Knees: completed (57)

4. Power Jumps: completed (25)

5. Globe Jumps: completed (21)

6. Suicide Jumps: completed (9)

7. Push-Up Jacks: completed (11)

8. Low Plank Oblique: completed (35)

Day 2: (1015) Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 40 minutes of fun!!

10 minutes in day 2….and when I heard Shaun say okay we’re done with the warm up….I was like that was the warm up…holy crap, what am I getting myself into!!!!

I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish or even want to continue…but I started my sleeve journey with one goal to become a healthier me, so there is no quitting in my book!!

This morning workout…Day 3: (10/16) Cardio Power & Resistance – 40 minutes of intensiveness!!

My Insanity updates…

Day 4: (10/17) Cardio Recovery - 40 minutes of intense strength-training

Day 5: (10/18) Pure Cardio – 55 minutes of EXTREME cardio…this was CRAZY Intense!!

Day 6: (10/19) Plyometric Cardio Circuit – 42 min of lower body cardio

Day 7: (10/20) Much Needed REST DAY!! (Completed and survived week 1)!!

Day 8: (10/20) Cardio Power & Resistance – 40 min of upper body strength-training

Day 9: (10/21) Pure Cardio - – 55 minutes of EXTREME cardio, getting a little easier, the 2nd time around

Day 10: (10/22) Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 42 min of lower body cardio

This morning Day 11: (10/23) Cardio Recovery – 33 min of lower intense workout

I wanted to add a few more miles to my month total… (Total Miles: 115 - 725 Total Squats), but I am to beat with this workout to even consider doing any additional walking or biking!! Hopefully in month 2, I’ll have the energy to do both.

So, I'm finally back after having the flu. Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in almost 2 weeks - amazing how quickly you can lose what you've worked so hard to achieve! As a result, I'm much further behind than I had hoped to be at this point in the month, but I decided to keep going. Even if I don't hit 100, it's still more than I did last month, and there's always November to gear up for!

As of yesterday, I'm at 31.7 miles and 1500 squats.

Holding steady at 181 lbs (lost 2 while I was sick, so that's somethin') and 1.5 lbs from my halfway mark. Decided that I'm going to splurge on a bike as my reward. That should help me with the 100 miles!