Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting for Aetna

Hi All,

I had my surgery on Tuesday. I have been home since Thursday. Got on the scale today and still no weight loss. I am hoping its from all the fluids in the hospital. I can't get down much Protein at all . Trying to get as much as I can in fluids. This is so hard. Still very sore.

Yay, you are finally on the losers bench. I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I know it sounds cliche, but start reading some of the long threads where people start and post through all the pain and difficulty with Protein and hydration and it finally passes. Might help visualize light at the end of the tunnel.

How are you doing today?

I am still waiting on insurance.

Hi UberBuffaloGal,I agree that's definitely way too long! My surgeons office did call to check with them and they will check with them again this week! I have called them. I try to wait about 2-3 days before calling to give them some time. From what I was told on 11/6 was they asked for something else on 10/2 and received it on 10/3. So I didn't call back until 11/4 but still it's pending! I will not give up! But they're getting on my nerves. </blockquote>

Hey SoPeachy28,

Any news last week?

Hi UberBuffaloGal,I agree that's definitely way too long! My surgeons office did call to check with them and they will check with them again this week! I have called them. I try to wait about 2-3 days before calling to give them some time. From what I was told on 11/6 was they asked for something else on 10/2 and received it on 10/3. So I didn't call back until 11/4 but still it's pending! I will not give up! But they're getting on my nerves. </blockquote>

Hey SoPeachy28,

Any news last week?

SoPeachy28,

Did you hear anything last week?

Sorry my phone froze and it looked like messages didn't send

I agree I am disgusted with aetna! The peer to peer was denied today so now they are telling me to file another appeal.

Hi Mazzers120,

What's ur status? Did Aetna come thru? Waiting on appeal? Mexico? Just curious? I'm still waiting on Aetna.

SoPeachy28, Did you hear anything last week?

Hey UberBuffaloGal,

No news yet!!!!! :-( The last time I spoke to someone from Aetna she was agreeing that it was more then 30 days and that was way too long!!!! So she told me to tell the insurance coordinator to call back and speak to a nurse because a decision should have been made already. I'm just so freaking over Aetna!!! I just can't believe that it's taking this long to hear anything from them. They love sending me all these emails about weight loss but when you try to do surgery to lose weight they want to give you a hard time. This is some serious BULLSH

T!!!!!!!

Hey UberBuffaloGal,

No news yet!!!!! :-( The last time I spoke to someone from Aetna she was agreeing that it was more then 30 days and that was way too long!!!! So she told me to tell the insurance coordinator to call back and speak to a nurse because a decision should have been made already. I'm just so freaking over Aetna!!! I just can't believe that it's taking this long to hear anything from them. They love sending me all these emails about weight loss but when you try to do surgery to lose weight they want to give you a hard time. This is some serious BULLSH!T!!

Hey UberBuffaloGal,

No news yet!!!!! :-( The last time I spoke to someone from Aetna she was agreeing that it was more then 30 days and that was way too long!!!! So she told me to tell the insurance coordinator to call back and speak to a nurse because a decision should have been made already. I'm just so freaking over Aetna!!! I just can't believe that it's taking this long to hear anything from them. They love sending me all these emails about weight loss but when you try to do surgery to lose weight they want to give you a hard time. This is some serious BULLSH!T

Hey UberBuffaloGal,

No news yet!!!!! :-( The last time I spoke to someone from Aetna she was agreeing that it was more then 30 days and that was way too long!!!! So she told me to tell the insurance coordinator to call back and speak to a nurse because a decision should have been made already. I'm just so freaking over Aetna!!! I just can't believe that it's taking this long to hear anything from them. They love sending me all these emails about weight loss but when you try to do surgery to lose weight they want to give you a hard time. This is some serious BULLSH1T!!!!!!!

Sorry for the duplicate post!

So I found out today that as of November 19th I have FINALLY been APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm so excited that I almost screamed on the bus!!! I'll definitely be calling my surgeons office I'm the morning to let them know and have them call and get me scheduled before January 1st!

So I found out today that as of November 19th I have FINALLY been APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm so excited that I almost screamed on the bus!!! I'll definitely be calling my surgeons office I'm the morning to let them know and have them call and get me scheduled before January 1st!

SoPeachy!

I am so happy for you. Keep us updated on your date and progress. Hopefully they can get you in before the new year, perfect Christmas gift :-)

SoPeachy! I am so happy for you. Keep us updated on your date and progress. Hopefully they can get you in before the new year, perfect Christmas gift :-)

Thank you so much UberBuffaloGal!!!! I will definitely keep everyone updated. How's it coming along with your pre-cert? Any word from Aetna yet???

Wish me luck guys! On my way to the hospital!! Will be sleeved by this evening! This was the longest six months but worth the hard work!! For all of you who have had insurance setbacks hang in there and keep at it!