Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting for Aetna

Mine was approved on a Sunday

Congratulations! Did aetna call you on Sunday?

No but they left the Dr.s office a message on Sunday

No but they left the Dr.s office a message on Sunday

Nice! Mine was submitted to aetna on the 10th and still haven't heard a thing, maybe I annoyed them calling everyday :/

mine was sent in on Sept 25th and didnt get an answer until Oct. 13th. I called everyday.

So I was denied today. I guess my bmi dropped below 40 down to 36 while I was on hcg. I do have a history dating back to 2008 where it was over 40. Do you think that is what they are looking for?

Oh no this was the first time submitting though? This want a denial to an appeal? If so yes that's what they r looking for 2 yrs of being over 40 or under 40 with 2 comorbids ... When I got denied in my letter to them for my appeal I let them know I was under 40 only because of diet pills and hcg... Don't give up!!!!

So I was denied today. I guess my bmi dropped below 40 down to 36 while I was on hcg. I do have a history dating back to 2008 where it was over 40. Do you think that is what they are looking for?

I would assume it is because you are under 40 currently without the comorbidities...they probabaly think you can lose on hcg vs having to do surgery. Ugh sorry I know you are frustrated.

So, my dr faxed over the paperwork saying my bmi has been over 40 for two years. Please cross your fingers! Hopefully they won't take another 3 weeks to decide

I hope they approve you. No one wants to be on supplements to lose weight for a long time.

Sending positive thoughts your way

So funny thing today, when the surgeons office faxed the paperwork to aetna that my bmi had been over 40 for 2 years they then questioned the fact that one of my weigh ins said I was 5'4" and one said 5'5" wouldn't that tell anyone with a brain perhaps I was wearing sufferer shoes or maybe my hair was bigger that day.... For crying out loud! Thank you I had to vent!

So funny thing today' date=' when the surgeons office faxed the paperwork to aetna that my bmi had been over 40 for 2 years they then questioned the fact that one of my weigh ins said I was 5'4" and one said 5'5" wouldn't that tell anyone with a brain perhaps I was wearing sufferer shoes or maybe my hair was bigger that day.... For crying out loud! Thank you I had to vent![/quote']

Mazzers120,

That sucks! People just don't use common sense. I mean if the BMI is still over 40 who cares how tall you are, lol. Funny thing though, I was 5'4" most of my life. I had back surgery in 2008 and honestly hadn't measured my height in years, I was shocked when they measured me at the nut appointment and I was 5'2". Not sure how old you are but our height does change as we age. I am 45

So guys I am 4 days out if you count surgery day. I am still in the hospital because I also had a cystic mass removed from my belly that was much lower than the sleeve incisions. I'm doing ok.. Just gas, soreness and a bit if nausea. They also had to give me a few doses of Benedryl because I was itching so bad from the pain Med's. I get a heparin shot a few times per day in my stomach as well because I am high risk for clotting. I am getting down about an ounce per hour of liquid but it makes me so nauseated . I should be going home tomorrow no later than Monday...because you just don't sleep in the hospital.

Hope my twin Sleevers doing great as well.