Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The indignities of being obese

Whenever I am doubting this journey that I am on' date=' or feeling like it's too extreme a measure to take to get healthier, I try to reflect on what my life has been like as an obese person. As shameful as it is to think about these things, it really strengthens my resolve to take control of my life and my health. Maybe it will help others, too.

I am tired. I am tired of...

- having to buy clothes solely from catalogs or website

- having to think "Can I fit? Can I walk that distance? Will I bump something if I try to squeeze through there?"

- having my kids assume I ate the last of ANYthing in the house

- not doing things or going places because of how I look

- having difficulty getting clean

- losing my breath over the simplest physical movements

- aching all over my body

- having sleep apnea

- not being able to be a passenger on my husband's motorcycle because I'm too heavy

- assuming that anytime someone treats me poorly, it's because I'm fat

- the looks of pity...or, even worse, disgust

- knowing that, as much as he loves me, my husband doesn't find me attractive

- feeling like such a failure because I don't have "any willpower" or "If you just tried such-and-so you could lose weight"

- being constantly aware of my body

I'm sure y'all could add your own.[/quote']

Thank you for posting this. Helps to know that I'm not alone.

I'm tired too. I'm tired of not living my life because it's no fun doing anything this fat!

I want to stay alive to see my grand kids if and when they come along and to see my children grow into adults

I want to go swimming on the beach I live by without green peace flying over shouting " keep her wet" "turn her over"

I want to shop in a normal size shop

I want to feel better about myself

I would like to be able to wipe my bum without feeling like I'm taking a job in mission impossible

Is like to be able to stick it to my parents and show them they can't make fun of my size anymore

And lastly.. I wanna be normal

I have to laugh at the beach one with Green Peace!! I can so relate! I want to go lay down by the Water but I am not about to set myself up for the whispers and comments. :)

I felt the same way about my husband until we sat down and had an honest conversation about my weight for the first time in ....well' date=' ever. I told him I can't believe he finds me attractive and would want to touch me. I was wrong and let's just say, things in that department have been much, much better in the past couple of months. It was MY hangup, not his. Stay strong! Believe in yourself.[/quote']

Thank you for this! This has been an issue with my husband and I. It gives me reassurance that I'll get my mojo back post op once I get back into a healthier weight.

I was pregnant and had my baby and coworkers came up and said "you just had a baby.... When were u pregnant"... So it sucks when people don't notice either

Its like we share one mind! Except me husband flat out always told me how unattractive I was. ( now divorced) TG!

Sounds like my ex! Was his name John? lol

My hubby now is very supportive. He flat out told he wasn't going to let me chicken out this time. I started the process once before for a lap band three years ago. I for scared and cancelled everything. I regretted it with every pound I gained.

I want to enjoy shopping again. I've gotten to the point where I take the motorized carts in Walmart, mainly because my knees won't hold out to get everything I need. I want to be able to get on my knees to clean my house better. No way at this point, it would KILL me. I'm afraid that once I get down there, that I won't be able to get back up.

I'd like to date again, without feeling so extremely self conscious and unworthy of love.