Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

I ate candy last night and I am paying for it in gnawing hunger feelings this morning. Eh...Halloween is once a year and it's back to business today!
one Reese mini and I am starving LOL I have a 3 year old and we started going to to parties Sunday I still lost 2 pounds this week but I have not done well

...dying for something crunchy! I ate a small bag of Bbq Fritos driving home from work so that my husband wouldn't ask me any questions! They were delish...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

...dying for something crunchy! I ate a small bag of Bbq Fritos driving home from work so that my husband wouldn't ask me any questions! They were delish...

This is an old habit of mine that I have to avoid at any and all costs. Secret eating was my downfall and something that I excelled at. You know that old saying "Go big or go home!"? I would go BIG and *then* I would go home.

When I had my surgery I vowed that I would never closet eat again. I won't feel guilty about the choices I make and I will eat whatever I choose, but I am going to do it publicly and I am going to own my decisions.

Please know that my little verbal vomit is not at all in judgement or admonishment of you. This was something that I needed to be open about and take ownership of for me.

:wub:

When I had my surgery I vowed that I would never closet eat again. I won't feel guilty about the choices I make and I will eat whatever I choose' date=' but I am going to do it publicly and I am going to own my [/quote']

Amen, sister! Secret eating was also one of my "who do I think I'm fooling" tricks. My husband keeps asking why I tell him everything now, because he doesn't really understand that it's my way of trying not to get bogged down in sneaky eating.

Ok...I have just caught up on all of my reading,(every post on this topic!) and I could say a lot but I won't! I'm 7 weeks & 2 days post-op and of all the things I've left behind the only thing I've been craving lately is a dad-gum piece of fried chicken!!! Well, yesterday I ate a piece of fried chicken, ok, so I ate 'some' of a piece of fried chicken and I enjoyed every little bite of it! :) Thank you Madam Reverie for starting this topic so all of us that are grown up and are allowed to make our own decisions can come to it and enjoy reading posts on a topic that we can all relate to...I don't know anyone that can diet and NEVER have a little 'cheat-treat'!!! :D

I'm chewing gum right now. So bad.

I'm chewing gum right now. So bad.

Is chewing gum really all that bad? I don't think so as long as it is SF...

Is chewing gum really all that bad? I don't think so as long as it is SF...

I agree. I don't think its bad. It just might cause more gas.

Why do people say they are "bad" or "naughty" like its titillating or sexy when it's just a choice you are making? Nobody is going to "punish" you. You're not a child. You made a choice and you get to choose what to do next. Does it help you to feel guilty or to put a moral cost on it? It never helped me.

I ate a whole piece of banana cream pie 8 wks out!! Sweetest little old lady brings me Desserts from time to time!! I did however cry when I gave the second piece to my sister the next day! HA

Why do people say they are "bad" or "naughty" like its titillating or sexy when it's just a choice you are making? Nobody is going to "punish" you. You're not a child. You made a choice and you get to choose what to do next. Does it help you to feel guilty or to put a moral cost on it? It never helped me.
For me it is more about bringing my secrets to the light of day. A bad choice is a bad choice I raided my 3 year olds candy bag I ate 2 small Peanut Butter cups. I have been over weight all my adult life I am down to 275 from 344 I have worked hard to get here so I felt shame but I have vowed to be honest and allow myself be human. It was a bad choice I have been hungry all day and jonesing for sugar all day. It is a long way from gorging on the whole bag, hiding in the corner so that is a improvement. I have to look at thing honestly and call it what it is both good and bad. We all struggle with some of the same issues but are different people so do you. Negative feelings motivated me to do something different channeled in the proper direction they can cause positive change. I have never learned a important lesson from a perfect day. I am enjoying this journey and learning regularly.

For me it is more about bringing my secrets to the light of day. A bad choice is a bad choice I raided my 3 year olds candy bag I ate 2 small Peanut Butter cups. I have been over weight all my adult life I am down to 275 from 344 I have worked hard to get here so I felt shame but I have vowed to be honest and allow myself be human. It was a bad choice I have been hungry all day and jonesing for sugar all day. It is a long way from gorging on the whole bag' date=' hiding in the corner so that is a improvement. I have to look at thing honestly and call it what it is both good and bad. We all struggle with some of the same issues but are different people so do you. Negative feelings motivated me to do something different channeled in the proper direction they can cause positive change. I have never learned a important lesson from a perfect day. I am enjoying this journey and learning regularly.[/quote']

I get this :)

As a closeted binger my biggest help these days is putting it out in the open. I still have my binging tendencies but the difference is I talk about it.

I will "come clean" so to speak with my husband now so I can express what I'm

Feeling while I was either doing it or fighting it..