Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

It's 337 am and I get so hungry at night. I just had 3 bowls of chocolate chip Cereal. 3 bowls it's ridiculous how much I can eat in 9 post up and with no problem and fast I ate it. I don't think anyone can do that. I deff stretch my pouch or something else is going on.

Is it okay to have a little bit of cider here and there or is it too much soda? Has any one drank some cider? Please share your thoughts and or experience...

Is it okay to have a little bit of cider here and there or is it too much soda? Has any one drank some cider? Please share your thoughts and or experience...
cider doesn't have soda. It is a lot of sugar though. I'm 2.5 years out and at goal for a long time. I enjoy the sugar free cider all fall and regular cider as an occasional treat.

Lynda

My secret? It's not really so secret because I'm not one to keep a lot of them. But I walk the line (cue the Cash?) and I do all those things that I caution other people about - eating foods or drinking drinks that could trigger a binge fest. And 99% of the time I'm good. It's no big deal to have a small glass of soda and a small portion of popcorn. I can eat it, be done, and not have to do it again or go after more. I make excellent choices most of the time.

But 1% of the time? I'm forced to face the fact that I cannot eat this way when I'm feeling stressed or emotional or hormonal. At those times I can stuff in an entire candy bar and wash it down with a coke if I want to - and I've done it. I can eat a slice of pizza, rest a bit and go back for another slice. I can and have logged upwards of 2,400 calories in MFP on occasion, because even without physical hunger I can eat and eat and eat until I'm physically ill. Even when I don't enjoy the food, even when I didn't want it in the first place, even when I know I could sabotage myself - if I just let loose and let myself do this all the time, I could easily gain a large amount of weight back. Probably not all of it, not without some serious effort. But definitely a big chunk.

Usually I do okay with it. But I eat less than ideal choices in larger than I should portions on occasion. Moderation is hard. This is why I urge caution with it even if I'm not always careful myself. Because it only takes indulging the carb monster a few nights a month (hello, PMS) to build a habit - an addiction - that is incredibly difficult to break.

My name is Cheri and when the hormones hit me, I struggle with my food addiction. I sneak eat (still!) and I overeat because I can, not because I need to. Also, this is why I don't share my MFP with anyone. :)

~Cheri

Edited by clk

I am a cider fan. Love it! It doesn't hurt my sleeve one bit. I don't have any other tummy issues (dumping, etc.) with it, but some might. My favorites are Strongbow and Angry Orchard Crisp Apple. :-)

It's 337 am and I get so hungry at night. I just had 3 bowls of chocolate chip cereal. 3 bowls it's ridiculous how much I can eat in 9 post up and with no problem and fast I ate it. I don't think anyone can do that. I deff stretch my pouch or something else is going on.

well are you 9 weeks or 9 months post op, I'm pre op but for what I understand maybe it's because you were eating it with the liquid of the milk and eating fast, when you eat Protein like meat can you eat as much?

well are you 9 weeks or 9 months post op' date=' I'm pre op but for what I understand maybe it's because you were eating it with the liquid of the milk and eating fast, when you eat Protein like meat can you eat as much?[/quote']

I'm sorry I made a mistake I'm 9 months in. I had my surgery January. Yea I can a whole meat. I can eat alot and I'm gaining weight instead of losing

I drank cider when I was visiting family. It was fresh from them orchard. Delicious! It was a few glasses over one weekend. No problem at all!

cider doesn't have soda. It is a lot of sugar though. I'm 2.5 years out and at goal for a long time. I enjoy the sugar free cider all fall and regular cider as an occasional treat. Lynda

I think she meant hard cider, which is often carbonated like beer. It seems that some people can tolerate carbonation and others can't. Go with what your doctor says if in doubt.

I feel so guilty tonight. I had a date with my hubby and normally i eat very very well with keeping things low carb. I never go a day without writing stuff down and i know almost every calorie that goes into my mouth...that being said....

I am away from home..my food diary is at home along with my measuring tools. I am in an anxious situation(at his parents and sisters house) I feel socially ackward and like ive said..since surgery ive been meticulous and watch everything i eat...BUT not tonight..

Post visiting with my husbands family today..we went to walmart.. we were both starving and it was 6pm and my only meal today was tuna on 4 crackers. So what did we grab?? An old favorite comfort food of mine: baked goods.. We got these two bite looking blondies(tastes like a mini white chocolate cookie) I started off good with buying greek yogurt in individual servings but found myself in the cracker isle where i gave in to buying these "potato thins" made by mr. Christie. I was certain it was going to be exactly like the snackwells cracker chips they had out when i was a kid that i used to consider comforting. It was true!

I ended up eating today:

4 crackers with tuna(one of those little snack packs to go)

1 large hot chocolate(the gas station kind made with water)

1 handful of doritos chips(these go down too easy-first time trying since surgery)

1/2 of a small spanokapita

2 mini blondies..literally one bite size

1 potato thin chip- just to try it out

1/2 small buttered popcorn at the movies

1/4 cup of apple juice roughly

This was consumed between the hours of 10AM and 11PM..All i can think is OMG..thats a lot of junk food in one day..i have never had such a bad day of eating like this since before surgery. The carbs!!! The calories...!!! The salt and Fat content!!! Oh my god!!! I cant get over thinking about how many calories were in a cup of that movie popcorn!!! No wonder i was snacking all day..i was on the road driving all day without my usual chicken deli meat roll ups and egg salad or tortilla thin. I wasnt drinking enough Water or getting enough Protein. I was grabbing comfort food after comfort food and it wasnt filling me up!!! The only thing that made me full all day was my small spanokipita, which didnt occur till later in the day.

I needed to say somthing!!! I cant even begin to describe how guilty i feel for putting that crap in my body..especially after losing 52 pounds in 6 weeks...streeeeeeeeess!!!!!!!!! I hate family gatherings and social events..i want to go hide...and I WANT my routine back!!! And my chicken deli roll ups with cranberry and a little mayo!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so guilty tonight. I had a date with my hubby and normally i eat very very well with keeping things low carb. I never go a day without writing stuff down and i know almost every calorie that goes into my mouth...that being said....

I am away from home..my food diary is at home along with my measuring tools. I am in an anxious situation(at his parents and sisters house) I feel socially ackward and like ive said..since surgery ive been meticulous and watch everything i eat...BUT not tonight..

Post visiting with my husbands family today..we went to walmart.. we were both starving and it was 6pm and my only meal today was tuna on 4 crackers. So what did we grab?? An old favorite comfort food of mine: baked goods.. We got these two bite looking blondies(tastes like a mini white chocolate cookie) I started off good with buying greek yogurt in individual servings but found myself in the cracker isle where i gave in to buying these "potato thins" made by mr. Christie. I was certain it was going to be exactly like the snackwells cracker chips they had out when i was a kid that i used to consider comforting. It was true!

I ended up eating today:

4 crackers with tuna(one of those little snack packs to go)

1 large hot chocolate(the gas station kind made with water)

1 handful of doritos chips(these go down too easy-first time trying since surgery)

1/2 of a small spanokapita

2 mini blondies..literally one bite size

1 potato thin chip- just to try it out

1/2 small buttered popcorn at the movies

1/4 cup of apple juice roughly

This was consumed between the hours of 10AM and 11PM..All i can think is OMG..thats a lot of junk food in one day..i have never had such a bad day of eating like this since before surgery. The carbs!!! The calories...!!! The salt and Fat content!!! Oh my god!!! I cant get over thinking about how many calories were in a cup of that movie popcorn!!! No wonder i was snacking all day..i was on the road driving all day without my usual chicken deli meat roll ups and egg salad or tortilla thin. I wasnt drinking enough Water or getting enough Protein. I was grabbing comfort food after comfort food and it wasnt filling me up!!! The only thing that made me full all day was my small spanokipita' date=' which didnt occur till later in the day.

I needed to say somthing!!! I cant even begin to describe how guilty i feel for putting that crap in my body..especially after losing 52 pounds in 6 weeks...streeeeeeeeess!!!!!!!!! I hate family gatherings and social events..i want to go hide...and I WANT my routine back!!! And my chicken deli roll ups with cranberry and a little mayo!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Mark it down as a learning experience. It sounds like you understand that stress/not eating your regular Protein caused a carb overload. We are all learning and bound to fumble. Keep on trekking :)

PS 52lbs in 6 weeks?! Wow, you are definitely workin it :)

It's Halloween and I ate chocolate... Lotsa... Wrote in MFP, tomorrow new day.

PS kit kats still taste awesome!

Well I'm 15 days out. I lasted about a week on the soft liquids . Started with cottage cheese , then progressed to 10 days and ate a hamburger Pattie. Ruff , but men worth it. If that isn't enough I went to costco the other day for Protein and walked around and got full on the samples. I took down. Everything from moon pies to taquitos. Last but not least tonight being Halloween . I raided the kids bags for anything with Peanut Butter and all the almond joys my lil sleeve could take. Needless to say I feel disgusting rite now. Sweating bullets like a ***** in church. Lmao.

Well I'm 15 days out. I lasted about a week on the soft liquids . Started with cottage cheese ' date=' then progressed to 10 days and ate a hamburger Pattie. Ruff , but men worth it. If that isn't enough I went to costco the other day for Protein and walked around and got full on the samples. I took down. Everything from moon pies to taquitos. Last but not least tonight being Halloween . I raided the kids bags for anything with Peanut Butter and all the almond joys my lil sleeve could take. Needless to say I feel disgusting rite now. Sweating bullets like a ***** in church. Lmao.[/quote']

Why??