Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

We are all so different, I for one have the most insane aversion to chocolate flavored anything. I can not put chocolate near my mouth without me wanting to gag.

Before surgery I didn't mind chocolate, I preferred the chocolate flavored shakes to the other flavors that were sweet... But once I had surgery and tried a chocolate shake I puked. I realized my body decided it was going to have a dislike to the flavor.. It's weird because I remember that I liked the way certain things tasted that were chocolate... Now I pretty much smell it and I get nausea. It's so weird.. But eh I won't be trying to eat any!!!

For some reason I crave fresh veggies like tomatoes and cucumbers and lettuce!!! And I can't have raw foods till December which is according to my plan.

So I look forward to December when I can eat those foods. With vinegar. I have a new love for vinegar... I use to like it... But now I just love the tartness of it.. Which is why I had a couple bites of the flesh of a pickle I really wanted that vinegar taste in my mouth..

It's random... I hope everyone knows that it's not the same for everyone and we all have our own struggles. But we are all human and humans aren't perfect we make mistakes and from those we learn and grow... I can only talk about my experiences because its the only thing I know first hand. I haven't tried fried foods in fear of a stomach ache. Plus the smell of really oily foods give me the same reaction I have to chocolate.... So I'm thinking that's not good.

Good luck to everyone!!! If you make a mistake learn from it!!

are you SERIOUS? You have cod liver oil on your counter??? WHHHHYYYY??

Because I was told my blood count could use some. Oh, and my knees told me, too!

As an aside, I don't find it too bad. It is the B12 liquid that made me gag like a.. like a gagging thing!

Because I was told my blood count could use some. Oh' date=' and my knees told me, too!

As an aside, I don't find it too bad. It is the B12 liquid that made me gag like a.. like a gagging thing![/quote']

Oh the b12 liquid I first got was terrible!!!

I made a cake. I made a cake with 8oz of Total greek yoghurt, 3 eggs, a little flour and a fair amount of sugar. It's amazing. Its got the texture, but not the fat content of a baked cheesecake. The only debbie-downer is that it won't stay fresh for long. I know I wont finish it and it will go to my neighbours or in the bin. I still made it though and it made me happy making something normal. My man wants me to freeze it. I will not. He left me alone with red velvet cup cakes. As such, he shall be punished. :angry:

Because I was told my blood count could use some. Oh, and my knees told me, too!

As an aside, I don't find it too bad. It is the B12 liquid that made me gag like a.. like a gagging thing!

OMG I didn't have to take B-12 as a liquid, they said from day 1 I could swallow it cuz it was so tiny! Thankfully! And OMG, I do NOT know that I could stomach just swallowing oil... ESPECIALLY fish oil!!! :wacko::blink:

OMG I didn't have to take B-12 as a liquid, they said from day 1 I could swallow it cuz it was so tiny! Thankfully! And OMG, I do NOT know that I could stomach just swallowing oil... ESPECIALLY fish oil!!! :wacko::blink:

I put it in my mouth and quickly add a lot of Water to it, hold my nose and down it goes.. Makes me feel like I'm in some sort of Victorian workhouse where they slopped you up gruel for dinner... 'Please sir, may I have some more?' 'MORE? MORE THE BOY SAYS?!'

lol your stick isn't always present and I must say' date=' in comparison to others'? Your stick is small today, Obi wan ;):)[/quote']

Do you think she could mean me? Good thing I didn't touch a nerve, eh? She could have gotten nasty.

Oh ... Wait.

I put it in my mouth and quickly add a lot of Water to it, hold my nose and down it goes.. Makes me feel like I'm in some sort of Victorian workhouse where they slopped you up gruel for dinner... 'Please sir, may I have some more?' 'MORE? MORE THE BOY SAYS?!'

You're my hero!! You can endure anything if you WILLINGLY drink fish oil and still say "MORE!!" hah

LV - you're right. We didn't get here from eating half a lettuce leaf a day - and that is something I'm painfully aware of. Damn goats cheese...

It's a struggle. I struggle. We're all trying our best and some find it harder than others. In fact' date=' I wholly expect to wake up in the morning, find this has all been a dream and my huge jeans go back to being as tight as hell. Thankfully, this won't happen now and I'm eternally grateful for this opportunity.

In the meantime and as I trudge my way through nutritional values, gagging on proper food and physically loathing the bottle of cod liver oil I have on my kitchen counter.... I want to have a bit of a laugh. I want to take my mind off the tedium and have a bit of fun with people who are sharing the same experience and having the same dramas as I am.

So on that note, I shall return to my kitchen and with utter longing, gaze at the last red-velvet cupcake my man thoughtfully left me with before he went on his travels. The SWINE!!! :)[/quote']

I think the goat cheese is just as bad as cod liver oil...

Do you think she could mean me? Good thing I didn't touch a nerve, eh? She could have gotten nasty.

Oh ... Wait.

Really?! Ha! That's priceless! Don't credit yourself, sweetheart! I have thought as much about you and your ill conceived, poorly delivered, ego-centric, excruciatingly judgmental, contradictory and irrational musings as I have about the rotting lettuce that is currently residing in the bottom of my fridge.

Now.. if we can get back to being happy, content people.. :)

I have to say I see everyone's side of this issue!!! At first this thread started to scare the hell out of me and I got somewhat discouraged about doing this surgery thinking what's the use if you can get around it BUT then it really made me think about why I'm doing this and it is a tool to help not a cure all. If anything it taught me that I need to be really mentally healthy to do this and have already dealt with your over eating issues. If you haven't it's going to be a much harder process. Like any other weight loss program u gotta work it

Oh em gee! Are you my long lost twin?

Well if we are you will be happy to know I forgot that old battle ax's birthday yesterday :P

Yep folks forgot me own mothers bday!

Moral of the story never feed your kid spoonfuls of cod liver oil! :D