Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

You just don't get it Madam. Your thread is nowhere near your original post, but your pride has blinded you. I am not judging anybody. As I have stated in other posts, I have my cheats, too. We all do. Hopefully nobody goes into this thinking they will never be able to have their indulgences. But if you cannot see the thread has strayed into what appears to be an enabling thread, then well ...

The responses on this thread are quite distressing as new folks and those researching the sleeve may interpret this as validation to resume previous poor eating habits. Many folks here go undiagnosed with eating disorders and issues with food and it would appear the thread has jumped track from your original post and intent

God love you, Madam ... I am not your or anybody else's enemy here.

I had 3 Oh Yeah Teail mix bars yesterday!! I feel ashamed, not enabled.

I want to hear someone further out say "you are not going to fail because of one or two bad days... I had some bad days too. You are not going to fail. Get back on the horse and do your best!" Otherwise I might say "What the hell!", then have 3 more.

I'm pre op I find it comforting that everyone is no perfect, we are able to stumble then get back up dust the cookie crumbs off and redirect ourselves. my confession is banana's n dark chocolate chip, pizza(thin crust) chicken Alfredo Pasta. I have decreased junk greatly. i've cut out soda and little Debbie brownies. my last confession is when I read flagellation, I read it wrong thought it said flatulent which could happen with some of what people are eating.

We are human and that is what I like about this thread is it shows everyone, pre op or post op, that we all make mistakes and no one is perfect!!! The sleeve is not a magical cure and we will still mess up from time to time. But people want to come on here & start preaching, when that wasnt the point of this. I can laugh about the piece of cake I ate and not feel bad about it. I dont eat cake every day, every week or even every month. It happens. Just because we are sleeved doesnt mean we arent human and doesnt mean that we can't have something unhealthy once in a while!

You just don't get it Madam. Your thread is nowhere near your original post, but your pride has blinded you. I am not judging anybody. As I have stated in other posts, I have my cheats, too. We all do. Hopefully nobody goes into this thinking they will never be able to have their indulgences. But if you cannot see the thread has strayed into what appears to be an enabling thread, then well ...

The responses on this thread are quite distressing as new folks and those researching the sleeve may interpret this as validation to resume previous poor eating habits. Many folks here go undiagnosed with eating disorders and issues with food and it would appear the thread has jumped track from your original post and intent

God love you, Madam ... I am not your or anybody else's enemy here.

Okay, <sigh>

This has nothing to do with pride. This is all about providing a forum where people can discuss and analyse their food 'transgressions' in a safe and non-judgmental environment. A point of which you, yourself, concluded was integral to the efficacy and atmosphere of this website as a whole on another of my threads yesterday?

If you feel this thread has turned into something which 'enables' people - then this is your opinion. However, we are all adults here and we all draw our own conclusions. If new people come to this thread, they will have the opportunity to read my initial introduction to it. From that point, I have no control over their, or anyone else's comprehension

As for being 'distressed' by it I have yet to read any complaints - save yours. Again, we are all adults here and fundamentally, whether or not we are advised to eat Quest bars and egg whites on a daily basis - this is not something I personally intend to do for the rest of my days and I don't believe the majority of other people are either. New people should have the option to see all sides of the coin - not one sole prescribed and sanitised view.

As much as people might desire it, we haven't quite made a dystopian state out of this website yet... and there is room for alternative and what some might conclude, 'subversive' views. Its about being inclusive. Consequently, none of us are in a position to ascertain who has clinical issues and who does not. So does that mean all alternative views should be quashed accordingly?

I know you're not my or anyone else's enemy, Pdxman. However and I'm just going to say it as it is... If you amended the tone, softened the judgement and dropped the ever-so-patronising admonishments - perhaps my responses to your posts might become that little less justificatory and a tad more positive...

This debate, is done.

Okay, <sigh>

This has nothing to do with pride. This is all about providing a forum where people can discuss and analyse their food 'transgressions' in a safe and non-judgmental environment. A point of which you, yourself, concluded was integral to the efficacy and atmosphere of this website as a whole on another of my threads yesterday?

If you feel this thread has turned into something which 'enables' people - then this is your opinion. However, we are all adults here and we all draw our own conclusions. If new people come to this thread, they will have the opportunity to read my initial introduction to it. From that point, I have no control over their, or anyone else's comprehension

As for being 'distressed' by it I have yet to read any complaints - save yours. Again, we are all adults here and fundamentally, whether or not we are advised to eat Quest bars and egg whites on a daily basis - this is not something I personally intend to do for the rest of my days and I don't believe the majority of other people are either. New people should have the option to see all sides of the coin - not one sole prescribed and sanitised view.

As much as people might desire it, we haven't quite made a dystopian state out of this website yet... and there is room for alternative and what some might conclude, 'subversive' views. Its about being inclusive. Consequently, none of us are in a position to ascertain who has clinical issues and who does not. So does that mean all alternative views should be quashed accordingly?

I know you're not my or anyone else's enemy, Pdxman. However and I'm just going to say it as it is... If you amended the tone, softened the judgement and dropped the ever-so-patronising admonishments - perhaps my responses to your posts might become that little less justificatory and a tad more positive...

This debate, is done.

Madam,

I read many of your post on this forum on many topics. I've seen you tell people to reach out for help because you were concerned for their well being. I'm pretty sure that this forum is to reach us that one bad day isn't going to deour us, but to make us accountable and move on.

PdxMan, not everyone on here loves food. I for one am a classic hunter/gatherer. I'd eat one big meal a day and that's it. My body stored fat like a bear in the woods getting ready for winter. Learning to eat every couple hours is hard for me. Food addiction isn't everyone's deal. The first two weeks after surgery I was starving my body. I had to and am still learning to eat more.

No one forced you to this page, let us enjoy it.. Cheers to you a madam

I eat Pasta. And I love it. It ain't much at all but it is sooo good the worse thing that happens to me is I feel full all day. I haven't gained weight cause of it. But I have cut down a lot.

Again with the defensiveness. It would seem you have no ability to read my responses objectively. Nowhere am I asking you to police your own thread. In my posts I have talked about issues with food, not necessarily food addiction as I know that causes a lot of people distress, but Montery, if you believe eating once a day is not having a poor relationship with food, then that is your own story. I am not here to judge. I merely pointed out that having a population of people who may have issues with food possibly glamorizing their dirty little secrets could potentially be a dangerous thing. To them, a newbie reading this thread and someone researching VSG.

If you honestly cannot see this, then God bless you and good luck on your journey.

If, for some reason, you find yourself in a forum dealing with sex issues, I would post the same type of response to a thread, "Tell us who you banged since joining the forum"

As far as my tone, you are the one who is reading it with tone.

http://www.wired.com...s/2006/02/70179

This applies to pretty much all forms of electronic communication, not just email.

Oh dear lord...

Many thanks for your kind words, Monterey. It is much appreciated x

As you were people. Enjoy your chats and feel free to have fun. :)

I just kill the food bar at our favorite Chinese restaurant. My surgery is Monday so I said why not.

I know not everyone who gets WLS is addicted to food, but as my last comment on this thread:

I totally understand what you are saying Madam, but I know, in a group of alcoholics, the person who walks in with a bottle of vodka is going to be popular and the person who says, "Hey, maybe we should put that away" is going to be demonized. I'm OK with that. If my message resonates with one person, that is all that matters.

To those who find me high-minded, I apologize. My comments are not related to you. But there are those out here in the forum who truly struggle with food issues and sabotaging their efforts.

I wish everyone well on their own journey with VSG.

God bless.

I just kill the food bar at our favorite Chinese restaurant. My surgery is Monday so I said why not.

I love Chinese food....mmmm

I am not sure i understand the point of this.

I have made mistakes, like a recovering addict I guess. I have eaten too fast - almost always emotionally charged situation or had allowed myselt to get over hungry and inhaled and vomited. Maybe 3 times in in the 22 months since beening sleeved? I am sure this was a hangover problem from my lapband days when I vomited often - that torture device made me prone to it. They were educational and learning experiences but i shared them on these very forums so don't consider them dirty little secrets... I am just human and make errors.

oh my oh my..

Well in keeping with the original post...I was a bad bad butterfly post-op. I was SOOO tired of the 2 week pre-op liquids, that I sped up the post-op process. I snuck in 'mushy' foods (puddings, mashed potatoes) around day 3. On mushy phase, I felt mac-n-chez was just fine. I don't feel guilty since it was almost never more than 4 bites..

so there you are world....dirty secrets aired....:)

Feel like I should light up a cig...

Feel like I should light up a cig...

Don't fret, I just lit one for you! ;)