Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone taking Trazadone tablets post op?

Just wondering if at 2 weeks out can i swallow the whole tablet or if i have to crush it?

I have not had my surgery yet, but take trazadone every evening. My doctor told me i should be able to swallow pills the next day after surgery.

I was able to take it whole 2 weeks out. Plus I never crushed it, just cut it into tiny pieces.

I was told in my pre-op class that swallowing pills would not be a problem. If you are one like me who has never had a problem swallowing pills of any size or number, it shouldn't be a problem. Before surgery I could swallow quite a few pills at a time, often without Water. I don't know if I still could, but I do take my time & take small sips. There are many pills that should not be crushed or even split, so check with your doctor or pharmacist.

I take trazadone every night and it is a bit big but with plenty of Water it's not much of a problem.

I take it every night and couldn't get it down. I cut it in half and my doc said to take it with a little food for best absorption.

I just started taking it again this week, the pill goes down fine with plenty of Water. My issue is that the entire pill is too strong for me now, I can only handle half of a pill. I slept like 20 babies, zzzzzzzz.

I had a sleeve surgery and took trazadone that night before bed. No problem. I usually take two, but stuck with one to be safe.

6 minutes ago, WhitneyLC84 said:

I had a sleeve surgery and took trazadone that night before bed. No problem. I usually take two, but stuck with one to be safe.

I'd still be sleeping, lol.

1 minute ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I'd still be sleeping, lol.

Lol. Actually my surgery was yesterday and I took the traz last night. I have not slept since I came out of surgery. I've been laying in bed awake all night. I'm in way too much pain to sleep. I hope to switch pain meds tomorrow, bc this Percocet isn't working.

Just now, WhitneyLC84 said:

Lol. Actually my surgery was yesterday and I took the traz last night. I have not slept since I came out of surgery. I've been laying in bed awake all night. I'm in way too much pain to sleep. I hope to switch pain meds tomorrow, bc this Percocet isn't working.

I had to request morphine while in the hospital. The gas pain has been the worst part of the wls journey for me, I was sleeved on 03/3/20. Walking does truly work.

As soon as I got up for my first walk, I belched a few times. @CammyC recommended some charcoal tablets from Walmart that were a lifesaver for her in regards to the gas.

Just now, Krimsonbutterflies said:

As soon as I got up for my first walk, I belched a few times. @CammyC recommended some charcoal tablets from Walmart that were a lifesaver for her in regards to the gas.

Really? I have some in the kitchen. Do I think it's okay to take them now?