Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 4 years out and I'm gaining weight again ... HELP!

I was sleeved 10/09/09. I never reached my goal of 150lbs, but being almost 300lbs at 5'3 and getting to the 189 I got comfortable. Now ... I'm back at 200. I am devastated and I think im grazing. My life has gone topsy turvey in the last couple of months personally, but professionally its gone great. So great in fact I have no time to sit and eat properly and now I've gain weight. I blame no one but myself ... but now I have to get back on track .... but how? What's a good diet/plan to follow when sleeved? I still get full fast ... but I'm grazing. HELP!!!!!!!

Those of us that have re-gained are having good luck with the 5:2 diet. It's also known as intermitant fasting. There is a book. I believe it's called the fast diet.

If you look under groups, there are several links to read about how the 5:2 plan works. I ;ve lost 14 of my regain, since July.

Dodgergirl,

My weight fluctuates (spelling?) a lot.That hasnt changed for me?I gain,I have to lose.

I dont fuss too much about it and buy myself some chicken.Drumstick with thigh on it.Then I just start munching away at it for the first couple of days.Every time I feel hungry.Grazing on Protein fills me up super quick.(I also have been able to eat way more than most sleevers right from the start)I dont plan on not eating carbs but just dont have space for any.I still drink full fat coffee (starbucks a couple of times a day) string cheese in between.Actually any ham,beef Jerky,anything Protein to fill me up.It really just takes me 2 days to not crave anything anymore.Then I start adding controlled low gi carbs into the mix.of course I have days that I really eat some nice things vut then I just get right back on track the next day.Its like learning to flex a complete new muscle,takes some practise though.

Of course,different things works for different people and I am a grazer.Cannot deny myself when I need a snack.So,I just snack guilt free!For me,giving up the idea of having to go on diet to lose the weight really really changed my life.(My kid has anorexia and dieting is stricktly forbidden in my house,I had to change my mindset double time when she got sick,we also had to get rid of our scale habits...lol)

Hope you find what works for you.You can do it!

If it's grazing, can you stop? Do you need a jumpstart? Maybe go on full liquids and work back into your plan? But you know that grazing has gotta stop!

drink more Water and stick to 3 meals per day. no grazing. if you need something more between meals other than water then have a Protein Drink with little to no carbs. you can also hit the gym 3x a week.

What Chase said, definitely, and what Arts said, absolutely. I am 3.5 yrs out, also 5'3", also never hit goal, was near 300 at surgery, and also have had a pretty hellacious year and a half. As Oregon said, we've got a crew here in VST doing something called 5:2 and the group is made up mostly of seasoned vets. I do a version of 5:2 called ADR and it's working, 5:2 is honestly working, since the "craze" started back in late spring, several people have lost all of their regain and are getting real weight off toward goal again. Definitely stop grazing, up your Water, go back to logging your intake faithfully, and get a hobby. Seriously, I'm painting up a storm right now.

What Chase said' date=' definitely, and what Arts said, absolutely. I am 3.5 yrs out, also 5'3", also never hit goal, was near 300 at surgery, and also have had a pretty hellacious year and a half. As Oregon said, we've got a crew here in VST doing something called 5:2 and the group is made up mostly of seasoned vets. I do a version of 5:2 called ADR and it's working, 5:2 is honestly working, since the "craze" started back in late spring, several people have lost all of their regain and are getting real weight off toward goal again. Definitely stop grazing, up your Water, go back to logging your intake faithfully, and get a hobby. Seriously, I'm painting up a storm right now.[/quote']

Globe, what is 5:2 ADR?

I have recently read a book called the Dukan diet, created by a French doctor. It has 4 phases, no fat and also low carb. It may really help you get back on tract as the first 2-7 days is Protein only(our friend). It also has some great low fat, low carb recipes in the back.