Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out and loving everything :-)

So, five month anniversary and I sometimes can't quite take in all the changes in life over that time. Short period, monumental change.

Am I the same person? Yes, I am. But I feel as if someone has polished me. I feel shiny and full of energy, like I did many years ago. I am calm, confident and happy, emotions that have been buried beneath misery, uncertainty, frustration and anger. Not all weight related but summed up by my failure to deal with my health and weight.

Life is now full of endless possibilities. I see no barriers. I am even considering taking up running. Me, the girl who was told from a child that I was built for comfort, not speed.

I mentioned this in another post but I am beginning to like how I look, all of me. Yes there are some lumps and bumps but so what? I have restarted a social life and hosted a dinner for business colleagues last night with 4 courses. Didn't even panic - chopped up the starter and hid it round the plate: ate most of the piece of fish; had some sorbet from the pudding; and ate some oatcake and a bit of cheese. Sounds a lot but wasn't really - but no one noticed other than the man next to me who said he liked a woman who didn't fuss about her food, lol. If only he'd known :-))))) Now to get on with the next challenge, dating - eek!!!

When I had the surgery, I did so with great hope of change but not sure what it would look like. Now that I am here, I am not sure I can actually explain what this all means to me. It's pretty overwhelming to be down six sizes, there are times I barely recognise myself, lol.

I can tell you all the things I can now do that I couldn't before. But I wish you could see inside my head and see the new me or feel the pleasure I take in life now. This surgery has given me a second chance ... and I will not waste it.

Thanks for listening :-)))))

Amazing xxx well done

Great job!!

Give yourself a standing ovation! Good for you....Awesome job.

It is amazing what this surgery can do you for you not just physically but mentally as well. I applaud your success!

what a wonderful, uplifting post. Thanks for sharing it! Really glad to hear of the many positive changes in your life. [[hugs]]

Your message is very encouraging..to those who are just starting this journey.. Day of surgery is scheduled for nov 13, 2013. I will make a point to list all the feelings I have now, before I forget later on. It will remind not to want to come back to the way is it now. Less if I forget. When I wouldI lost weight before , I would not take the time to reflect on how far I had come or positive changes.. I would just eat my way back to where I am now. Your post has strongly reminded me on taking the time through my journey to reflect how far I have come, emotionally and physically., be grateful, appreciate the changes in my life..thanks for your reflection on where u r today. Congrats. Ps..I will be seeing an eating disorder psychologist pre and post op to help me with the emotional issues that I will ecperience.

Way to go I hope that's me and everyone else % months out! Good for you!

Thank you for sharing i was feeling regret because its such a drastic change and I worry about adjusting you have reassured me!

Thank you again.

Thank you for all the kind comments. I needed to say it...especially after my sister told me she felt she'd got her sister back. Not how I looked but my spirit and zest for life. Made me a bit sad to acknowledge that but then grateful that surgery had allowed that to happen.

And i have to thank all of you on this site - at whatever stage I was at post sleeve and when I was worried or had questions, I came on here and found answers, support and comfort because others on the road ahead were generous in sharing their experiences. Just trying to do the same :-))))

Looking forward to meeting you x

Yes, see you on Monday night :-)))

What a beautiful post. So very proud of you. Thanks for the inspiration.

Great job