Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 1/2 years out and gaining weight

I am under a lot of stress and have gained 15 pounds in 2 months. I know I am snacking way too much and not eating right but I can't seem to "diet". I feel like I am right back where I started. How do I get back on track? I eat mostly at night but lately, it has been all day long!

Carol

Hey Carol:

Check out the Vet's forum, there are various posts about getting back on track, maintaining, etc. more geared to those further out in this process.

I'm sure they have a unique perspective and advise.

Good luck and be well.

Im 1yr out and don't eat much during the day but find myself at night craving chocolate or chips like before the op I had a bad habit of eating at night I havnt gained but am afraid of regaining the weight

Your post is exactly why I'm back on this forum. I so frustrated and angry with myself. I've gained 12 pounds in the last 5 months. I'm 45 pounds from my goals weight... and I'm so scared that I'm going to gain all my weight back. It is absolutely terrifying to me. Life has been throwing me a lot of curveballs lately, and I resorted back to bad eating habits to cope. And I know that... in the moment I don't care, then after I'm like... WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?

I will go track down the Vet's forum myself. I'm not sure how I like this combined site thing. Especially since I had an add pop up while I was looking around the site. That is not really a good thing.

I can relate also! I had surgery May 2012...I just passed my 1-1/2 year mark and I've somehow gained 20 lbs back in 3 months. I am no where close to my goal and just really....disappointed in myself. I still have 70 pounds to go and I'm wondering if my VSG-surgery is still going to help me get there. I'm terrified of gaining more back. Guess I'll go cruise the "veteran forums" for tips on what to do....

I can relate also! I had surgery May 2012...I just passed my 1-1/2 year mark and I've somehow gained 20 lbs back in 3 months. I am no where close to my goal and just really....disappointed in myself. I still have 70 pounds to go and I'm wondering if my VSG-surgery is still going to help me get there. I'm terrified of gaining more back. Guess I'll go cruise the "veteran forums" for tips on what to do....

First, you can't hate yourself thin.

Have a real heart to heart with yourself about why you can't get the eating under control.

Consider therapy. It helps a lot of people, myself included.

Look at the 5:2 eating thread in the vets forum. It's worked for a lot of people.

Make a plan. Get the bad foods out of the house. Buy the heathy foods you like and put them in portion controlled packages so they are grab and go.

Eat solid Protein first, cut the carbs and drink your Water.

Buy yourself a present, you deserve it!

Everyone's journey is different. Don't compare yourself to others.

Lynda

I know how you all feel, I have gained about 15-20 pounds, it's so frustrating because I always told myself that once I had this surgery I wouldn't go back to my old eating habits.